Wu-Tang Meets The Indie Culture

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
shep the gifted said:
I heard a couple tracks and this was definitely worth the wait. I'm loving MF Doom as always. Good to see U-God back in action.

Kinda off topic but I don't understand how you can enjoy him, I mean I used to rock to him cuz of his lyrical ability but now that my views on Hip-Hop have changed, I just can't rock to him anymore and get into his music. I mean, it doesn't even seem like he has love for Hip-Hop with his voice like that and he hides his face with that 10 lb mask and to me, that shows that he doesn't want to show he loves Hip-Hop like a shy dude that has a crush on this popular girl. Idn, that's just my opinion, and I feel that way towards a lot of artists, not just DOOM and that's why I only listen to a select few artists like Brother Ali, Nas, Immortal Technique, Kanye, and Pac. Because to me the artists that I named seem to be taken over by the music and want to put a change on the world and show them something different and that's what I'm all about too so I guess it's just personal taste, but maybe some of yall feel that way too, idn.

Had that in me for a while..

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
Yeah I dl it......I would recomend picking it up my fav tracks are The last track with bronze nazareth, and verses wiht the gza, scaramanga, la the darkman, and ras kass.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Seoul P said:
Kinda off topic but I don't understand how you can enjoy him, I mean I used to rock to him cuz of his lyrical ability but now that my views on Hip-Hop have changed, I just can't rock to him anymore and get into his music. I mean, it doesn't even seem like he has love for Hip-Hop with his voice like that and he hides his face with that 10 lb mask and to me, that shows that he doesn't want to show he loves Hip-Hop like a shy dude that has a crush on this popular girl. Idn, that's just my opinion, and I feel that way towards a lot of artists, not just DOOM and that's why I only listen to a select few artists like Brother Ali, Nas, Immortal Technique, Kanye, and Pac. Because to me the artists that I named seem to be taken over by the music and want to put a change on the world and show them something different and that's what I'm all about too so I guess it's just personal taste, but maybe some of yall feel that way too, idn.

Had that in me for a while..

supposedly he rocls the mask to keep the KMD persona away from what he does now. Its what I heard anyway. Besides,,,dude is nice man.

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
supposedly he rocls the mask to keep the KMD persona away from what he does now. Its what I heard anyway. Besides,,,dude is nice man.

I know that he's nice cuz I've got his Madvillian and Mm..Food album and I even said he's got mad lyrical ability in my other post, but I can't get into his music because to me, he speaks with no emotion and that right there turns me off with Hip-Hop artists, esp. indie/underground ones.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I kinda agree that his voice is quite boring. But, dude, the rest of what you said was...silly, to say the least. I mean:
"...it doesn't even seem like he has love for Hip-Hop with his voice like that and he hides his face with that 10 lb mask and to me, that shows that he doesn't want to show he loves Hip-Hop like a shy dude that has a crush on this popular girl."

what does showing his face got to do with loving hip-hop? i doubt he got the mask on while he's recording. geez.

MaineOne

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Mask, or no mask... The think differently joint is iLL Muzik!!!

Naw, I think DOOM is setting his self apart with mask, delivery, tone of voice!!!

and that should be appreciated, even though it might not be to whomever's taste.

specially with all the cookie cutting rap cat's out there.

I read an interview where Doom said, "he wears the mask to send the message that it doesnt matter what he looks like, that he wants to be recognized by his music soley"

on a forum site I was on
this dude said that he just wants to know what mf doom looks like. lol

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
I agree wit soul P,
I think MF Doom's voice is lame as hell, i aint feeling his flow at all, and the mask?? well thats a whole nother story. I usually keep my mouth shut casue this forum is full of Doom fanatics but his stuff is straight B.S. to me. I got that dangerdoom bull and ive heard some of his other works and im not impressed at all. IT kills me when cats diss other types of hip hop and call doom the saviour . To each his own though...

My 2 cents
class...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
He's no saviour, I dig his tracks but he's not the underground mascotte, they all are. His style might be a bit easy but he still got more flow than a mumbling 50ct or the game but there are also tracks I wont dig because of his flow, maybe due to the beat but then again, he can play the beat and make the whole track work which is not always the issue with a lot of mc's.

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Vince said:
I kinda agree that his voice is quite boring. But, dude, the rest of what you said was...silly, to say the least. I mean:
"...it doesn't even seem like he has love for Hip-Hop with his voice like that and he hides his face with that 10 lb mask and to me, that shows that he doesn't want to show he loves Hip-Hop like a shy dude that has a crush on this popular girl."

what does showing his face got to do with loving hip-hop? i doubt he got the mask on while he's recording. geez.

Read what you quoted. I said it shows that he doesn't want to show his love for Hip-Hop like a shy dude that has a crush on this popular girl and is scared to confess it but until he confesses it, no body'll know that he does have a crush, ya know? And it's all personal prefernce, I like people who try and show their soul through their music with emotion(that's why I'm Seoul Productions cuz that's what I want to do) and to me, DOOM sounds like he has no soul or emotion.

And word to classic, to each his own.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
i realise people have differnt tastes but I hear people bitch about mainstream rappers all the time and they quote doom as the"underground cat with skills, the saviour"

Hell Jada kiss & T.I. got way nicer flows then MF doom IMO

My 2 cents

clas..

P.S and honestly i think game got way more flow then doom also, but thats a whole differnt topic lol

MaineOne

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I think he is probably well aware that allotta heads dont like his style. The voice or the mask thing.

I remember when he was in the HBO blaze battle back in 2000, he lost first round! The reason probably was that 75% of the crowd didnt like his style/delivery!

Like I've said before, at least yall know what you like.

I think it's almost the same situation with Vast from OX, mad cat's dont like the abstract vibe of cannible OX's joints. Thats cool, I personally had to listen to it a couple a times before I was really digging it!!! I know when I bought the CD I was looking for somthing that was totally different from anything else out there.

but hey, I thought we was talking about the wu-album, and MF DOOM only on one track?

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I thought it was pretty hot for the most part.. i've secretly been waiting for something like this to happen (like 7 years) and it's not what i expected. i'm not doggin it.. just not what it could have been. I guess I was thinkin in terms of all parties being 100% motivated

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
if anyone wants to check out some of the tracks go to okayplayer.com. But anyway this will definitely be picked up by me.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
classic said:
i realise people have differnt tastes but I hear people bitch about mainstream rappers all the time and they quote doom as the"underground cat with skills, the saviour"

Hell Jada kiss & T.I. got way nicer flows then MF doom IMO

My 2 cents

clas..

P.S and honestly i think game got way more flow then doom also, but thats a whole differnt topic lol
u cant compare Doom's flow to fuckin T.I..for real..just dont do it plz..

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I copped the Cd ita Alright nothing spectactular dels track is annoying but i some how like it lol, i like the verses song, aint that the same sample from the good the bad the ugly the unrelased kanye joint, any way the j live ra is dope too man i like both of em and i think noone eva gives em any love, but the cd is like a 3.5 outta 5 , imop, could of been lot better seriously, as for doom lemme give my 2 cents, Dude is alright nothing spectaular at all, there plenty of undaground cats that are nicer on the mic. His mask i acttually think its cool different alil dumb but its different, as for the flow WACK is flow is horrible, lyrical content is cool but his flow i cant get wit the Dangerdoom cd i bought it and i just really cant listen to it alot i get annoyed but i can get a track in every now n then, But to those of u that like his to each is own, Im not saying he garbage cuz thats would be a lie but dude is a bit over rated and i think Class is right a lot of ppl shit on mainstream and think every underground cat is better, thats bull shit cuz there are some sick mainsteam cats too We as Hip HOp lovers need to forget the whole Mainstream underground shit for real cuz all underground really means is that u not on major label, For real what would yall say if doom signs to bad boy but stays making the same music, alot owuld call him a sellout even though its the same cat feel me that shit right there is stupid, imop

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Albums hot, id suggest coppin it