wut music genres do u listin to other then hip hop?

C

CooGi_dice

what music genres do u listin to other then hip hop and how do u feal they have affected your production?

other then hip hop i listin to mostly old school r&b, soul and jpop (japanese pop music/r&b)...

i also listin to jazz, old school rock, doowop, and a few other genres not realy importat, the first three genres are what i constantly bumb to with itunes or keep on repeat in my ipod.

i think all these genres have influnced the way i dream up a track and the way i program and build my tracks, also the sounds i like to use weither they be drums, pads, strings or keys... they have to have a certain sound that i like.
i think the over all sound of my music is greatly influnced by those genres as well... i guesss you'd call it my "signuature sound"...

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Believe it or not i listen to classic rock. I think it effects my music a bit cause sometimes i might take some samples from old rock records.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
jazz the jazz the jazz man, old skool, new skool, modern, free and romantic. its like a drug. ah yes, and some breakbeat, rock, classic, whatevers nice

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
Jazz, soul, funk, reggea, electronics, bossa nova, trance, blues, breakbeat, jungle, drum and bass, rock, a whole lot of genres and like boneyboys said: I don't listen to that much hip hop either at the moment only hip hop from this forum or soundclick (and my own, hehehe)

E

Equality 7-2521

i dont buy any music other than Hiphop but ill listen to drum n bass, jazz, blues, reggea, soul...anything phat

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yeah, i dont find myself buying much music other than hiphop too...
Tho, if i see something i know i want i will cop it, outside of tha genra that is...
Mostly tha only times i will buy music from other genras is when im buying to sample it....But that always helps open up new music tastes for my palet thats ever expanding...

hookiefree

Beat Monster
ill o.g.
I grew up on funk, reggae, R&B, Go-Go, motown (although i never developed a taste for it) and a little rock and pop from Friday Night Videos (DC thing)! I got more into alternative rock like STP, Nirvana, Chilipeppers then I got into jazz, mainly beebop. Then I discovered david bowie and black sabbath by not responding to the CD of the month from columbia house fast enough. Now I love acid jazz, neo-soul, trip-hop, a lil D&B and latin jazz. I've only heard 1 country song that I liked and I don't know who sings it.

I'm not doing too much hip these days either. Only what I hear on the radio on the way to work. I just aint what it used to be.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yo,

You guys are all a bunch of biters, maybe you should listen to something ORIGNAL, like old Blue Note jazz, P-Funk Allstars, Funkadelic, and James Brown.

Maybe if people would start sampling some of these guys, hip hop would sound good.

Playa'

TrustNo1

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont listen to hip hop. i'm into rock, techno, trance, drumnbass, some heavy metal, punk, and R&B, but hip hop and rap doesn't really do it for me no more. i stick wit the classics like mobb deep biggie nas the Brooklyn stuff is the only rap i listen to, which is very rare.

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
smooth jazz, some funk, salsa, old rnb, motown and soul, mainly. but 80% of the time im strictly hip hop.

T

The Bastard

i like some old rock,classical,some italian folk music i grew up on that shit,pretty much anything good not really country but i listen to sum kenny rodgers and johnny cash from time to time all that is like 5 % of the music i listen to,the other 95 is hip hop

C

CooGi_dice

"salsa"

boriqua!!!!!

im half puerto rican so i know about all that but i caint get into it like that...

i sample from alot of old latin records though... some realy dope untouched stuffs on there.