wutz good wit the Sp-1200 and the mpc 2000xl?

P

PI$ToLPETE

I've been hearin alot about the Sp-1200 and the Mpc 2000-how good are they ? Is it hard 2 use? Jus give me the scoop on'em cuz Ive been think'n about coppin 1 or the other. I'm just a beginner at this beat thing I neva really used a sampler b-4, but giv me sum info on these though.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Ok man, you best have some outboard gear or good Eq they are really nice pieces, I owned the SP12 turbo- SP1200 and the MPC2000 (without the XL but fully tricked out to be 98% of 1 without time stretch)....LOL and the s950 what do you wanna know?........2 answers no you will not be making instantly Dre esque or Pete Rock Esque ...Tracks just by owning one.....the lowdown is they are all dope pieces to own but its what you put into them.......other than that they are all basically professional sequencers that have been behind probably about 80 or 90% of the Hip hop hits you ever heard or that are classics....on the SP12 and 1200 you will instantly greeted with very little sample time.....so you have really become creative with what you do.....or get something like the s950 in conjunction with the piece.......not unless you really are into the throwback setup....or just have lots of cash to blow.......my advice is get a MPC 1000 or save a lil and get time stretch get the 2000XL...I sold my SP12 to drumatic up in Philly and my 1200 to this kid out in Cali....they immediately had questions on the sounds....you MUST have and external EQU and possibly some type of pre-amp to get the most out of the EMU's but they still have sound that I have yet to hear though on any machine made now or then.....and you can take the same sample and test it out for yourself....in say a 2000 or XL then put it in the Emu.....the 12 bit crunchiness and the audio filters will change the sound into the bottom or sound I can't explain but you will know it if you hook it up to some BiiiiiG monitors or speakers.....

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
PI$ToLPETE said:
I've been hearin alot about the Sp-1200 and the Mpc 2000-how good are they ? Is it hard 2 use? Jus give me the scoop on'em cuz Ive been think'n about coppin 1 or the other. I'm just a beginner at this beat thing I neva really used a sampler b-4, but giv me sum info on these though.

D is telling the truth, since your a newb i think u really need to reseach and understand what ur getting into, SOunds to me like your copping these things just becasue of what other people have done. U need to do what fits you man.

classs....

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
D is telling the truth, since your a newb i think u really need to reseach and understand what ur getting into, SOunds to me like your copping these things just becasue of what other people have done. U need to do what fits you man.

classs....

I agree. Never buy someone elses wishlist.

X

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dawg, check out Desktoip or Laptop DAW's (digital audio workstations).....its basically computers that are designed for the sole or main purpose of music.....there are pre-built daw's but since its so easy to make one, you're better off making one yourself......if u wanna get a protabl DAW, then i recommend u wait 2 years and save up money till the dual-core processors come out

Phreeze

Stupa Hero
ill o.g.
I gotta agree with these cats. Grab yourself a Roland Groove Box and a Zoom Sampler so you can understand the principles of sampling and sequencing - THEN - cop that MP, you'll be more prepared for what you can do with it and won't be diving in headfirst without any experience and experimentation.

Holla!

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Yeah bro, listen to the posts above, I am the POSTER CHILD of buying gear based on recommendation instead of personal research and experience. I had a mentor when I first started out, and he was like "buy the Mpc, Triton, blah, blah, blah" and not to say that he didn't know what he was talkin about, but a few years later, I realized that FL Studio, Cool Edit Pro, and Cubase are all I really need for my style and preference for
producing.
The point is only YOU can know what type of setup (vintage hardware or software etc) that you want for yourself.

My best advice is to go to zzounds or musician's friend.com and look up the equipment and write down the specifics and then do the research (using the search function on forums such as this will help you more than asking any questions!) on any questions you might have such as timestretch, how many midi in/outs would you need, would I like to record to cpu etc,etc. DON'T buy nothing unless you can explain why you want it and how it can fit into your setup, that alone will save you thousands in this game!

members online