Yamaha RS700 vs Mpc's

stjoeben

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Any one ever used or heard about the yamaha rs, cheaper than MPC is it worth it , doesn't seem to be tooo bad sample, filters,,,,ect. I work for a yamaha company so i can get this new at the used ebay price 7-ish. (700.00) Motif b stock racks for 620, yea baby. Holla

DjDelay

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I had an RS7000 for a week and then sold it.

It's a good machine, but it was SOOOO complex i just gave up on it and went back to using my computer. The sounds on it are OK, they're not the same sounds as a Motif. It's got some nice drums on it, but the "Mpc" style pads on it are horrendous.

The pads on it really suck, it feels like your hitting a rubber brick with your fingers

Don't get me wrong, the RS7000 has the potential to become an extremely powerful machine i just never had the time or energy to give it a chance.

BigD can fill you in more, he used to have an RS7000. I think he used to have nearly every piece of hardawre EVER!! lol

Chisel

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've been sequencing on an RM1x (predecessor to RS7000) for four years. I just bought an MPC 1000 two weeks ago. While there are many differences, I'll sum it up for you: The MPC is all about live recording. I can record an entire song without ever having to stop playback. But when it comes to post editing, I'd rather re-record a track then have to edit it on the MPC. The RM1x is all about post-editing. There are over thirty different "jobs" that I can perform to a track after it's recorded. But I could never record more than one track without having to stop, select a new instrument, change sections, etc... There is no "flow" like there is with the MPC. That's the major difference. Of course, the RM1x also has built-in sounds and the RS7000 has a synth engine and phrase sampler. Honestly, I haven't touched the RM1x since I started sequencing with the MPC. I use an E-mu ESI-4000 with sample cd's and a few VA synths for my sounds. I've been very happy with my MPC 1000. For hip-hop, the MPC cannot be beat. For more complex compositions, the post-editing power of the RM1x is unmatched. That's my two cents.

Peace Out \/

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I owned the RS7000, for over a year, I bought that and the Motif at the same time a few months after yamaha dropped the pieces back when Mars Music was in Bizness....it is good for making beats....plus I even used the fx to master with....the only mPC I owned was the 2000, so I sequenced on both....if you like features such as chopping and the built in FX then you'll like the RS...I think you can max the memory to 64MB.....you can load and remix entire songs on it.....and it has a lot of different drumsets.....the sounds aren't quite the same ones on the Motif....but some of the Strings and drumsets are I think......you can load samples, use the compression and other FX.....so basically to me the RS has and upper hand.....but as far as the sequencing correction specs I think that the MPC has better quantization and makes more pleasing corrections....then you might say if you are shooting for beats with lots of swing on the RS..it becomes sort of robotic or choppy but this is just my opinion overall I would buy a RS7000 again because I got a lot of beats still on smartmedia.......so if someone had and RS and an MPC and asked me which one I wanted I would probably choose the RS from my own experiences...

members online