YO! Check me out! My ish Is Fire!!! My new beat!!!

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
U guys should do a write up or video about how to effectily markert yourself on social media...teach the noobs how to fish, cut down on the spam, and gain followers to the site.

Spam is annoying, but when these guys are starting out and dont know any better you really cant blame them...everybody wants feedback.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Oh Im luving the third person ones that go...
SPAMMER said:
Hi, you gotta check out this cool new site, it has all my beats...oops I mean - all dope beats, cheap prices and guaranteed heat! It's the best site that I've ever owned...oops I mean - that I've seen...
get outta here!

I think they should make a site specifically made for spammers, I know fb and everybody else is very close to that now BUT I mean one thats 100% for spammers. I question what normal person would even want to visit a site like that but hey...you never know.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Loubez, ya you're right, people just starting out don't know any better, but not all of them. A lot of them just spam, plain and simple and they don't care about the consequences.

Countless times I've seen new members here sign up, post spam to their beats, then I warn them and remove it. Then they do it again, then I ban them.

I think because of sites like Facebook, everyone's just used to spamming, it's all this narcissistic stuff. "Look at me, look at my beats, look what I can do, and buy my beats, only 99cents!"

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Oh Im luving the third person ones that go...
get outta here!

I think they should make a site specifically made for spammers, I know fb and everybody else is very close to that now BUT I mean one thats 100% for spammers. I question what normal person would even want to visit a site like that but hey...you never know.

MySpace?

Seriously tho, Pretty much everyone does it, but the ones that aren't so annoying: 1. does it sparingly, and more importantly 2. Contribute to the community. This goes way beyond this site and any other site too -- look at popular artists, they do all kinds of philanthropy and appearances, etc. they contribute to the world in some kind of way.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
love this thread lol

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Or those who have been on the site for a while....and aren't active....they just come up...throw shit in the promo area....let everyone listen/view it....don't view other people's shit.....then just leave...only to return when they have something else going on..

Sorry.. I think that's worse than people who just come on and spam their shit...They don't know better....

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
Lmao at how long I avoided this thread, only to find out its just what I wanted to see...
This site gives plenty opportunity to be heard.

Nobody says anything against a lil sig link, and thats dope...
If people cant play cool its prolly cuz they have no social skills or home training, sorry if yall feel I'm overstepping my bounds here, but I dont think they belong at illmuzik.
And do they ever get more tha like five posts anyway?
Eff em all ta heck...

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Cosign.. However I used the mentality to my advantage on FB. I noticed that everybody was shouting LISTEN TO ME at one another but no one was actually listening except for me because I was fishing for talent for the Carolina Cuts show, so I set a up a page to invite the spam so I didnt have to go all over the place lokking for artists and then asking them to send it in .
Now it comes to me and we have been introducing the concpet of actual feedback from one another on the page and its slowly working, it then encourages people to work together. Discourages haterism actually.
Its working slowly but surely...

But yeah especially on this site it WACK to just just yell that shit and bounce..

I love the ones that come here and want us to BUY BEATS FROM THEM!!! lolol I dont think they saw anything but HIPHOP before they signed up .

Lil Dude

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 17
yo

message to all we've all done it...but i get what you're saying to the people that constantly do it and dont know when to quit.....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I've never spammed a site! =)

Ditto...

If you wanted to hear my shit....you asked...and I provided..

If you're serious about listening, you wouldn't listen to the retard posting 1000 times.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Ditto...

If you wanted to hear my shit....you asked...and I provided..

If you're serious about listening, you wouldn't listen to the retard posting 1000 times.

I have never asked , yet you have forced me at great length to endure your ..."creations" . lol

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I'm seriously wondering if some websites (other than social sites like twitter and fb) actually allow spamming? Or maybe there's a real popular book on getting yourself exposure that says something like..."One of the best tools for getting paid is using the internet as your commercial, now get out there and SPAM!".

This is how I see it...if you're gonna promote yourself, do it in areas where it's allowed 1st, and in places where it could actually benefit you. Trying to sell your beats to other producers just isn't very logical to me...even if someone here buys them (which I doubt), it can't be enough sales to even consider serious, but ya never know?!?!? So my real question is... What makes a person feel like they can come to a producers forum and sell beats? Isn't that kinda like taking a Chevrolet back to where it was manufactured and trying to sell it back to Chevrolet? Good luck on that.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Actually Dac there are some spots that gove that advice, even that one should come to a place like this getcha about 60 posts and know the people then spam.
Makes sense, but the concept is that you should just smash your shit everywhere and mc's that dont know any better will go to your site where you are selling like 20 beats for $25 and spend cheese there.
Im sure it works for some people but its annoying around here.

members online