Yoo!

P

PikDaNapS

AYo what tha deal yall its tha New Brotha on tha forums.im 17 years young reppin Southern Cali.I Done did all tha elements in Hip HoP but Been a Graff Head Most tha Time but Now i wanna try this Production thing ya know..Lay down my Creativity Not only in tha paint but try to put it in sound too.Been wantin' to get up in it for a while...I Know iM not Gunna be no Alchemist or Premier Bangin in ya ear drum startin off in all but imma try n stick with it and hopefully i'll progress.I i can say is HElp ah Brotha out !lol if i need yall...yall know alot more then me in this...
this has Been another negro on tha net, PEACE.

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
sup man -- welcome to the site -- just post your questions in their respective forums and hopefully you'll get answers

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome to IllMuzik. Since you're starting out, I recommend you check out the rest of the site, mainly the articles section. There's lots of info to help out the newbies.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
southern cali myself...... where at? i'm in riverside county. maybe we can hook up down the road. ive been at it for a minute; if you need anything, give me a pm!

P

PikDaNapS

iM From San Diego Cali i go up that way sometimes i be round vally..and hemet

P

PikDaNapS

thas tight when im down n hemet i stay round these houses called "Mayberry" or someshit like that right by that high school with tha horse on it n shit

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Sup to ya man, good luck in the world of beats...theres a lot of us on the planet man....not only get involved on this site but join some real networking groups and attend a few clinics and conferences if you can....that's the way to stay well rounded and most of all use your ears and your creativity you can't go wrong..(maybe you can't go wrong)

B

Beatbrigade

Welcome, Welcome! I'm new to the forum as well, except about 10 years older!

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
What up bro, good to see a new youngster around, I'm 17 also. Some kids on this board might try to talk to you like you're to young to know anything, but I know differently. Don't let the chumps get to you, there's a lot of cool niggas on this site, like Fade. You'll find out. Peace and welcome

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
hey pidanap............. who do you kick it with when you are down here?
and what does your name mean?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
SO CAL BABY!!!!!!!!! YA'LL GOT NOTHIN ON US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahah...... just messin mad scientist.... hey man, that picture of yours is driving me CRAZY............ crazy? i was crazy once.........

P

PikDaNapS

Fo sho reppin tha left coast to tha fullest..
Mad Sci Props..i checked some of your beats out,you got some bangaz

Truth i dont kick it with nobody out that way i stay posted at my aunts crib when im out there...i needa find some homies th-o

So im young to be make-n beats..how old are yall..and when did you start making tha speakers bounce?

P

PikDaNapS

@at truth

my name PikdaNaps is juss that Pikin my Naps..MY AFRO...i just used it cuz it's my AIM S/n to ya know...but knowts (say it like notes) was cuz i used to do alot of graffiti and that what i wrote.. taking notes on tha wall
nah mean....Oo yeah i hadda ?uestion im lookin ta buy a drum machine..im new to tha game but i want quality nah mean i want some good sounds but nothin to hard to use yall know of anything i can work with?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
depemnds on how much money you got.....how much are you workin with here? of course, there is always the software option, i'm a hardware man myself. as far as drum machines, the low end you should just leave alone entirely, unless you just want to check it out. i say go with the emu px-7 (the silver command station) its $700 and then you can buy an expansion rom for about 300.... but actually check out the recycler for an mpc.... last i checked (a few days ago) someone in this area was selling one with 8 outs for 750, and another was selling for 800..... from there i would buy a cd-r drive on ebay ( unless you can find one cheaper) for like $110, and then get a sample cd, which on ebay should run you from $5-$50 at the very most. i am sure a lot of those sounds would be filler or repeats but with 2000-5000 to choose from, it should be more than worth it..... anyhow i hope that helps.. next time you come out this way, drom me a pm or something and we'll hook up- i'll show you what i'm working with. 1