yoooo DAC! Hip Hop Didn't Die...It got chubby and moved to MIAMI!

• beat this! voting starts in...

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
we'll start with my boy LMS and his tribute to the classic blackstar track...LISTEN to this guy flow

this is my favorite of his, early stuff but I the content is still relevant

Next up is another friend of mine that goes by Saheed, straight boom bap, with ZERO thuggish overtones...play wit it

This is Hialeah's own Uncle Sam's Favorite Nephew

this is his tape...its a hood classic down here...that hip hop cut is straight but he got MUCH stronger material on this

aaaaaaand back to straight purist Boom Bap...her is brother Serum...dude has some crazy flow and lyrics if you can get past his voice

Afro Pick

This is Garcia who for a while was the anchor to this Miami Underground thing...(buddy was on that MTV myblock show a while back)

Shattered Dreams ( dac this one reminded me of your "do you ever feel tired" thread)

next up is GrindTimeNow vet Knowledge Medina with a FLA BANGER...again, boom bap no thuggish overtones

Another GrindTimeNow vet Surgeon General

I know that the porduction and video is SHITTY, hes got better clips, but i wanted yall to see this cause I think it really captures what this dude is all about...LYRICS

for yall MF DOOM heads here's a buddy of mine...listen to his lyrics cuase he says some REAL shit in between some straight foolery! (and before yall cry biter, doom already co signed him)

NoEmotion

up next we got brother Dynas on a J Dilla joint...and yet again, boom bap, no thuggish overtones...play wit it, dude is a lyrical BEAST

Here is some MayDAY! they just signed to Strange Music... plaques on deck...watch

Brian Breach

I could go on if you guys are vibin to this miami hip hop shit....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Lou I didn't respond right off the bat to show you that even though these cats have some good stuff, they aren't really relevant to hip hop (yet). I really did like their material and I'm sure that others did as well but nobody responded after almost 30 views...(illmuzik avgs about 1 response per 10 views...) thats gotta tell you something...They might be bananas in Fla. but if their names don't come up in the local barber shop here or if I bring their names up...no one else can relate or build on whatever I say because they've never heard of them. Thats the point that I was trying to make. Relevancy to an individual, or on youtube is one thing, but relevancy in hip hop is much broader. Good ish though, I'm glad to see cats representing and I wish them much success at it.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dude...your original point was not lost on me...I believe I was the one who went over your head...

Hip Hop doesn't have a congressional body of representatives that decides whats relevant and whats not..the fan decides..your personal criterion has been stated...I understand what makes an artist relevant to you...I didn't post this shit so be like "look my dogs are relevant" I posted it cause based on what you have been griping about when it comes to rap (commercial shit, fake gangsterism, ect.) I thought you would vibe to these cats

to say someone is or isn't relevant to hip hop is ass backwards though...what is hip hop? is it a culture? a business? a market? Try to be a little clearer when you are making a point. From where I sit anybody who participates in the culture is relevant...all you guys are relevant to hip hop, you are creators, thats a big deal bro, regardless if the guys in your barber shop know it or not...

Is fat joe relevant to hip hop? He doesnt sell records, his ringtones are platinum, he's an original emcee, kids dont goto his shows...

Is Rass Kass relevant to hip hop?

now if you wanna talk who's relevant to the industry then just say so dude...

ask yourself this though...what have YOU done to ensure that the artists you want to be "relevant" will be?

I think the internet has fucked alot of shit up for music...you like these guys? Then put people onto them...MAKE them relevant...dont leave that up to jimmy ivoine and the 10 -18 yr olds...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
hahaha you have some strange views on things, I cant say that anything you've said went OVER my head either - it went somewhere...lol. Anyway, whatever, this is like beating a dead horse. It's never been about "my personal criteria" but call it that if you like. Up your hip hop knowledge and get back at me...lol

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
its not a competition bro...its cool if you don't understand...your reluctance to discuss and resort to insult says it all...anyway, I hope you had a good time listening to these boys as that was the goal of the thread.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
wtf? What was insulting? What competition? mic check one...mic check two...are you reading the same ish I typed? jeeez....

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
"up your hip hop knowledge and get back to me" is insulting and condescending...I read well

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Wait..... There were insults thrown?? ..Where??? all I read was a straight convo

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
we'll start with my boy LMS and his tribute to the classic blackstar track...LISTEN to this guy flow

For the record Lou, alot of these guys got flow! Thanks for sharing. I gotta take a sec and really give'em a listen

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
For a part, the thing wrong with hiphop is that people arent digging for artist anymore. I know, different styles etc but my background is more focused on the support-your-locals attitude. Like Dac, sorry man, but who cares if the barber ISNT playing those tracks and probably those tracks played @ the barbershop would appeal more to the yomtv crib generation. I get that's relevant to the commercial side of it. But damn, there's a lot of joe nobody's bringing more relevance than you could squeeze into a videoclip. Seriously, i give thumbs up for those that actualy dig up artist like loubez posted cuz it means it took effort in finding good hiphop instead of waiting besides the radio or tv...

formant doesnt care where ya from, just rep your local scene!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
1). I'm a part of the local scene here. I know who's doing what in my area. I never said that I don't support them, or any up and coming hip hop artist.

2). Some of you guys really over analyze ish, you half read something and jump to premature conclusions, and then say I needed to explain it better...and to top that... you bring words into play that were never said...the original point was "whats relevant to you is one thing...whats relevant to hip hop is another..." IT CANT GET ANY CLEARER! If thats not a true statement (before you put your own meaning on it) then I don't know what to tell you.

3). read my 1st response to this thread...I'm supporting and giving praise to what these guys are doing. I'm just saying that what they are doing is not relevant to hip hop as a whole (yet) because I can't call up John Doe in Nebraska and ask him if he's copped the new Sid Viscious single that everybody is pumping down in Fla. But I can call him and ask if he's heard the new Jay Z joint.

4). Sorry Formant, but these guys weren't relevant to you until you saw this thread, use some of that infinite knowledge and wisdom that you possess and tell me if they were relevant to anything in your world 2 days ago? What about Jay Z & Kanye? Ofc, they were...Thats my point!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
4). Sorry Formant, but these guys weren't relevant to you until you saw this thread, use some of that infinite knowledge and wisdom that you possess and tell me if they were relevant to anything in your world 2 days ago? What about Jay Z & Kanye? Ofc, they were...Thats my point!

^^^
Actualy the last 2 didnt do much for me at all lol. I didnt state it very clear, i shouldve added "other" local scene stuff simply because there's much good stuff out there. You dont run into those artist unless you find out for yourself after looking for stuff like that or reading the boards.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
great point!

hey Formant, I'm not gonna keep this going...I don't mind getting on you guys nerves (lol)... but I dont want to get on admins nerves with this topic and it seems to have turned into a debate over some "irrelevant" ish that leads to nowhere. None of them have told me to STFU yet but I feel like its coming so I'm just gonna volunteer it...hahaha. I'm sure you understand...