your first bought record?

O

open mind

mine was LL COOL J - I NEED LOVE there was also iam bad on it it was a 12single or wutever that is called.the phat electro drumset fucked up my speaker when my parents where out of house i gived them speakers sum HEAT!!! HAHAHAHAHAH
cant remember what else was on that record its fucked up now dont have it because i did my first scratches with that vinyl and at the end it was most with white scratch part because back in da day i didnt know and didnt had a soft plate under the record for avoiding fucking the record up while u scratch i think that shit came out later.dont know what its called like.u know waht i mean ? my first full vinyl album was from 2LIVE CREW - As Nasty as They Wanna Be.i was fucking on fire when i heard FUCK SHOP with that crazy guitar sample in it that was off the hook!!!

peace

hollaatroy

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I was blessed: Midnight Marauders (ATCQ) was the first record I ever bought. What a way to start. I was given a Nas: Illmatic tape by a relative in NYC, months before it even dropped. That was the first hip hop joint that I fell in love with though. It was a good time for music, the golden years, b/c after that I bought BIG (Ready 2 Die) and Wu (Enter the 36). So at one point my entire music collection consisted of possibly the 4 greatest, most ground breaking, most influential records hip hop as have seen. How pure is that for a collection?

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
first hip hop i record i bought was
biz markie's goin off followed by
big daddy kane - long live the kane
and eric b and rakim's - paid n full to follow. Peace.

Skillz

ill o.g.
think the first vinyl i bought was Gang Starr feat. Nice & Smooth - Dwyck with accapella and intrumental. Second was Wu-Tang - Enter the Wu-Tang album which is an origianl pressing as well :D

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Pointer Sisters... Dont remember the name of the album...( it was a single) I think it's break my heart or something like that...

RYBOOGIE

ill o.g.
If You Mean Hip Hop It Would Be World Famous Supremteam "hey Dj" In 84, Now My First Record, My Mother Bought Me " The Payback" James Brown , Back When It Was Out, I Think In 73. I Remember My Mom Telling Me I Tried To Sing The Song And She Took Me To The Record Store And Bought It For Me. Now This Is Showing My Age But Ashamed Of It.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
my first record my mom bought in a burger king kids meal.. it was a square plastic ghostbusters promotion. still got it...

what's your oldest record?? Mine's from 1917.. some froggy bubble book thing

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Chrono said:
my first record my mom bought in a burger king kids meal.. it was a square plastic ghostbusters promotion. still got it...

what's your oldest record?? Mine's from 1917.. some froggy bubble book thing

Dog.

I.

Will.

Buy.

That.

Shit.

From.

You.

In.

A.

Heart.

Beat.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
oldest record "a collection of reefer songs" from the 1920's gunna use it as skits on mine and stress' PANDORA LP, as well as other ppls shit, i wanna use it as a trait of authorship...like in the movies, you hear some old 1920's jazz about a "reeferman" you know its ya boy hazy....

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Chrono said:
ghostbusters1 was one of my favorite movies back in the day, i can't sell it.. but were you refering to that old 1917 record? cause i might be willing to part with that

I meant that lil' square-ass record... but what's up with that froggy-bubble record? send me a picture of it and all... that's got me a little curious.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Dantson said:
I meant that lil' square-ass record... but what's up with that froggy-bubble record? send me a picture of it and all... that's got me a little curious.

i just checked on that ghostbusters record.. i thought it was from gb1 but it's from gb2... and it is that little square plastic one. about the froggy-bubble I don't have a camera but here's a webpage about it

http://michelesworld.net/dmm2/frog/bubble.htm
here's another one that sold it for 45
http://pages.tias.com/839/PictPage/1341680.html
there are 3 records in the book, if you want me to record some for you i'll hook you up, but i doubt i'll sell this

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Chrono said:
i just checked on that ghostbusters record.. i thought it was from gb1 but it's from gb2... and it is that little square plastic one. about the froggy-bubble I don't have a camera but here's a webpage about it

http://michelesworld.net/dmm2/frog/bubble.htm
here's another one that sold it for 45
http://pages.tias.com/839/PictPage/1341680.html
there are 3 records in the book, if you want me to record some for you i'll hook you up, but i doubt i'll sell this

Damn. Well.... if you WOULD sell it, how much do you want for it? And what's the label on the copy you have?

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
i just noticed this: it has three records in it and they are all one sided but only one is actually from this book.. the other two are "three blind mice" and "in the old red school" which is by "little wonder" it also say's "tenor duet" below the names of the records. ehh that sucks but i did getem cheap.. i think i just got a job yesterday, thats the reason i dont want to sell it.. i have a library of favorite records that one day i might actually use