Your thoughts...

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
In the days of Common/UK dissers beeing so heavily comentated. Perhaps sometimes with a bit of bad vibes and hostility hanging on the edge, consider this quote:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."-Voltaire

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I feel that shit and live by it.

I am absolutely 100 percent against abortion. In my life I live by that. Still I support the Pro Choice movement. I am not God and therefore can't judge other people. So through prayer and faith I hope God steers people away from abortion, but if not I believe it is necessary in God's plan.

I'm also mixed (black and white). I haven't lost any respect for Common. I'm not mad at him either. That's his opinion and I respect him for putting it out there.

Being bi-racial I've seen racism is stupid. People are people and even our skin color is derived from circumstance (read up on Gregor Mendel). The difference and lifestyles and beliefs is derived simply from our isolation from each other.

Common blames the downfall of the black community on self hatred. The downfall is a lack of self-respect. Nobody but ourselves have created an environment where a dude that goes to jail gets more respect in our community then the dude that goes to college. We ourselves kill each other for tennis shoes and starter jackets. We ourselves buy Caddilac Trucks and pimp 'em out when we're living in the government assisted buildings eating off of food stamps.

Even if the CIA did create crack to demolish the black community... We sold and bought it ourselves.

A big problem with the Black Community is the failure to take responsibility for our own shortcomings. It's always some outside force.

Black women degrade themselves beyond belief. They dress like ho's, spend all night at the club dancing like strippers to music by some non-talented asshole who pisses on little girls (R. Kelly) or cheats on his girl; impregnates some trifling ass heffer then tells her to have an abortion (Usher) then wonder why Black men treat them like shit and settle down with a white girl that has a little self respect.

And I think that's where the problem with the black community lies, The women. They can no longer tolerate the ill treatment they get from black men.

I've seen girls fighting over unemployed assholes that beat them, cheat on them and provide no help when raising the kids???? WTF?

How many single mothers leave the baby with grandma to go out clubbing on a Wednesday night?

How many son's grow up seeing their mothers sell their bodies to pay rent or rely on some deadbeat asshole that uses her to store drugs?

Sorry for getting all spiritual. Just had a conversation with my father and uncle about how fucced the black community is right now.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Fuck, when racism was at its peak. The black community was stronger then hell.

Greed fucked with us. We got equal rights and decided to sell our soul to the devil.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
"manDAmyth"
What did you mean by that. I didn't understand [Greed fucked with us. We got equal rights and decided to sell our soul to the devil.]
Perhaps it's my English abilities that's lacking but I don't understand. Can you please simplify and/or explain.

/A

Conteplate this 2 other quotes by Voltaire:

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."-Voltaire

"Anything too stupid to be said is sung."-Voltaire

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
When Black folks were granted equal rights and segregation ended. Many blacks took that to mean that they could be "white".

Instead of being happy with being equal, the black man wanted the white man's car, his clothes, his job and his women. They wanted to move into their neighborhoods etc...

Basically, society had a sale but black folks ran up in the store and robbed the shit.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."-Voltaire

* It's easy to interpret this from behind rose colored glasses, but I take a different approach. I try to be a good man and do what's right. Unfortunately, even if you do everything right you tend to develop enemies. If your enemies are ridiculous their vices against you are also ridiculous. Over time they will come to see the errors of their ways.

Over the course of my life I've had beefs with different people, always people that didn't know me. Their beef's were always ridiculous and after each conflict they grew to understand I meant no ill will to them. I always left with their respect.

"Anything too stupid to be said is sung."-Voltaire

* In his time yes. The theatre was full of folks a man like Voltaire would surely look down upon. I believe its a rather smug statement made by an aristrocat. Music tends to rebel against conformity (rock & roll, Hip Hop). Anything that doesn't conform is usually looked at like mush in the world of intellectuals.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
You've gotten my respect I'll tell you that.

I like your style,

Frid / Andreas

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks man. What caused you to post some Voltaire?

Regardless of your reason it was refreshing; a post different from the usual.

You should do that more often.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Well, he he, it was simply that.
I found it different and refreshing aswell. And quotes are always nice, couse different people read in different meanings in them depending on their own lives and lifeexperience.

It's just a nice glimpse into others and their experiences.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Give me a quote and you'll here them.

meanwhile:

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.
-Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Not ment for you to interpret.. I just thought it was a strange thing to say from the worlds smartest man :D

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Well, not much to disagree on there.

Life seems looking from the scientific standpoint to be inexplicably irratic and chaotic.
And as for [Order brings habit], I don't nessesarely think that's a bad thing.
Man is a creature of habit, I know I am. I like things organized and knowing nothing to unexpected's going to accure.
But then again. It's when you brake free from habit and order that you feel the most alive.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
ManDAmyth, you seem like an interesting chap.. Do you have a link or can tell me how I can check your stuff out.
I know Fade doesn't like us to post that kinda stuff outside the showcase thread so if you would PM me I'd be glad..

Peace man / A

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
andreas said:
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."-Voltaire

Realer words have scarcely been spoken.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
No. Only a hanful of people live up to those standards. But it's something to conteplate couse it's the ill truth if there ever was any.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Andreas, I don't have any beats online right now.

I had an MV-8000 until a couple of months ago (had to return it due to money issues). I just recently picked up the MPC 1000 but I sent it back. I'll be using the Roland SP-404, 700 bucks cheaper and just what I need.

At the end of the month I'll try to get some stuff up.

Just noticed you're from Sweden. That's dope. Can you put me on to any Swedish emcee's???

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey Andreas, great topic!

"if you had a nickel, for every nickel he had, you'd have alot of nickels." - Albert Einstein

I always find Einstein's quotes interesting, seeing as he was considered to be one of the smartest people to have lived.

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - Richard Buckmister Fuller

"Most of my advances were by mistake. You uncover what is when you get rid of what isn't." - Richard Buckminster Fuller

"You can never learn less, you can only learn more." - Richard Buckmister Fuller

....Just some food for thought.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Yes indeed, some very interesting thoughts :D

I very much, liked the "Richard Buckmister Fuller" quotes. Those where nice.

ManDAmyth:
Swedish emcees? I don't work with alot of swedish emcees. The one I'm currently working with "Orazio Del Core" is a very nice chap, but hard to get ahold of sinse he owns no cumputer and therefore has no internet.
So him I contact by meeting him :D
It's sick I know. But in this time of cumputerized technology you still meet some people in the flesh :D

Other then that I'm not that big on swedish emcees.
I'm currently working with Scottish, UK, US and a Swedish emcee so I'm waiting, anticipating some result from that soon.
If you wanna check out my goods and write summink in my guestbook just check my signature left on this field, there you ca nbe directed to my site.

Peace boys.

"When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other." - Chinese proverb