You're wack, so I'm taking that beat back...

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Did that ever happen to one of you? You've made a beat. A good solid beat, not extraordinary, but I good strong beat. You hand it to an artist and when you listen to the beat, he messed it all up (well that's your opinion)....

so you take the beat back...

and sell it to another mc...

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
naw ... i wouldnt take it back .. but yeah def resell it ... if anything them dudes might let some people hear it and somebody else might inquire about who made the beat .. and that could lead to opportunitiues ... happens to me alot .. residual business i believe its called...

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
the thing is, in my mind... it's like the guy is misusing my beat... And I think some people could associate the beat and the artist... feel me?

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
the thing is, in my mind... it's like the guy is misusing my beat... And I think some people could associate the beat and the artist... feel me?

naw it dont really happen like that in my experience ...

unless they are heavily promoting the song and doing shows people just plain "forget" ... i mean in reality how many people are gonna hear the track anyways?

im not sure how "bad" those guys are but in reality alot of "bad rappers on good beats" are going platinum this day and age lol..just something to think about ...

in the end 1 of 2 things are gonna happen: 1) the song stinks and nobody cares about it anyway.. u can resell the beat to someone else anyway 2) the song stinks but people like it... and all of a sudden ur the "genius" producer that can make wack rappers hot .... either way u win

basically it come down to your catalog ... if you have a big catalog ... then it really aint a big deal... if ur catalog is small and u arent in a position to let beats go like that, then u prolly shoulda never sold it to them in the first place lol ... thats on u .... i wouldnt "take a beat back" though .. id just resell it or give it to someone with skillz

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i agree with Ash, you have to learn how to let beats go. understanding if it's dope and gets put out, things will come back to you. if it doesn't go far, hey..no loss no gain. it's something i'm learning how to do

members online

No members online now.