Administrator
illest o.g.
WATCH FOR POPUPS:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
I use a screen recorder (Movavi's)... I can rip from youtube and spotify alike... even netflix stuff. I haven't been to any YT to MP3 websites since.

Movavi screen recorder is like 40€/50$ but there must be free alternatives.

The downside is you got to run the full song to have it as mp3, but it's also good to force yourself to listen to the whole piece you want to sample and take notes.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
I use a screen recorder (Movavi's)... I can rip from youtube and spotify alike... even netflix stuff. I haven't been to any YT to MP3 websites since.

Movavi screen recorder is like 40€/50$ but there must be free alternatives.

The downside is you got to run the full song to have it as mp3, but it's also good to force yourself to listen to the whole piece you want to sample and take notes.

Free alternative would be OBS, Open Broadcaster Software.
Its used for livestreaming, but is also capable of screen recording.

Interestingly it doesnt eat up that much ressources like most of tools just for screen recording.(talkin bout free ones only)

Mac users be like, oh you dont have a Mac? How can you live without a computer? :oops:

But damn, for music production a Mac is best, since you wont hear shit when it comes to fan noise.

Too bad they decided their product to be "elite" with its own everything.

And the prices. :confused:
its the prices for me with mac, vastly overpriced. And getting the things repaired can be a nightmare

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Linux has come a long way. It's not for everyone, but it's solid. I still don't use it for most of my audio/video stuff but I use it for everything else.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Linux has come a long way. It's not for everyone, but it's solid. I still don't use it for most of my audio/video stuff but I use it for everything else.

I love Ubuntu.

Damn, i either need to downgrade my pc, so i can remove some fans or just build a completely new one with on-board graphics n shit.

Those fkin fans interfere as hell when recording audio.

been thinking about putting a linux distro on a flash drive and having a look, never used it.
It might suit the c++ programming a bit better for me. Windows can be a fucking pain.

I love Ubuntu.

Damn, i either need to downgrade my pc, so i can remove some fans or just build a completely new one with on-board graphics n shit.

gotta admit, my laptop can get pretty loud, its a gaming laptop, so i did expect that

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I love Ubuntu.

Ubuntu is good, I just don't care for their main desktop Gnome. I use Linux Mint Cinnamon.

For your fans, I know what you mean, but it could also be your power supply or hard drives. I replaced my PS a while back, big difference in noise. And the drives I have half of them are old ones. That took makes a difference. The old ones make hella noise.
been thinking about putting a linux distro on a flash drive and having a look, never used it.
It might suit the c++ programming a bit better for me. Windows can be a fucking pain.
If you need guidance with Linux let me know. I've been using it for years. Probably the only thing that's difficult to understand is the install process but it's not that hard. Most of the installs today are easy compared to years ago.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
gotta admit, my laptop can get pretty loud, its a gaming laptop, so i did expect that

Even if i would plug in an audio interface with 10 meter cable to put it in another room and record there, the plug at the back of the pc still picks up the fans.

I tested it by wrapping the plug into some kind of flexible "foam thing" and it reduced the noise slightly.

Even if i would plug in an audio interface with 10 meter cable to put it in another room and record there, the plug at the back of the pc still picks up the fans.

I tested it by wrapping the plug into some kind of flexible "foam thing" and it reduced the noise slightly.
damn, we had issues with interference at the studio until we started using balanced xlr cables. Then it just disappeared like magic

Noticed that too. The cheap cables seem to pick up noise from everywhere outside.

I bet if i mute the mic, start recording and just scream at such cable, you would notice in the wave form of the audio. :ROFLMAO:
it used to really wind me up, the electric meter and circuit breaker is in the engineers room