Zulema - "American Fruit African Roots"

See, I would definitely use some of the vocals from that. I'm going to move this to sample flippage!
yeah im using some vocals for my hook and have a little going on throughout, just using the part from Wild for the Night for the intro, got it on loop, just arranged the sample and added drums, barely started on it and its grooving nicely

Nice flip! Good addition with the vocals, nice touch. It's nice to hear that you integrated the sample with some plugins.
thanks, really been trying to refine my style, by having lots of layers but with nothing sounding too out of place, and trying to let the hypnotic nature of the loops do most of the work. Trying to bring it back to emcee friendly beats and not so much the extravagant productions with no room for an emcee.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
i like the little vocal you have in there, I think it could use some hi hats that come in and out, apart from that its dope, nice variation and its grimy as fuck.
Yeah I was going to but it's a drum break so I left it as is and added extra kicks and snares. All it needs now is an MC!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Y'know it's a good point though about the hats. They make a big difference in the drums and once they come in it's like it lights up the drum track. It's one of those things that's chilling in the background but once taken out it's very noticeable.

Y'know it's a good point though about the hats. They make a big difference in the drums and once they come in it's like it lights up the drum track. It's one of those things that's chilling in the background but once taken out it's very noticeable.
just hi hats can add so much energy and swing to a beat, they can add some excitement, or just for another level of extra variation. I love me some hi hats hahaha, they are so underrated

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
just hi hats can add so much energy and swing to a beat, they can add some excitement, or just for another level of extra variation. I love me some hi hats hahaha, they are so underrated
Ok so just for fun I'll add some to this one and see how it sounds and compare. I just thought it would be extra gutter to not have hats on this one! But what I like to do sometimes too is have 2 hats and layer them but one is a little early. Just to add some variation.

What are some of your techniques?

Ok so just for fun I'll add some to this one and see how it sounds and compare. I just thought it would be extra gutter to not have hats on this one! But what I like to do sometimes too is have 2 hats and layer them but one is a little early. Just to add some variation.

What are some of your techniques?
i usually have one closed hat panned slightly left and i usually pan the open hat right, but sometimes have it sitting on the left with the closed hat, depends on the context of how the full mix sounds. I get that syncopation with hats from samples that might have a hat im trying to mask with my own. I also find there is a pattern to the hat velocities that is really effective at humanising it while its still quantised. Im lazy when it comes to drum programming, unlike Dilla, I dont like my drum hits all over the place because it can make everything else sound off. I prefer to let the instruments be more flexible while the beat is very quantised

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
@2GooD Productions Well done, you've chopped the sample really good, every other sounds you've added complements the sample very well.
@Fade This reminds me of Moby...i dont know if this is a drum break...if not, you can tighten it up just a bit...its too loose at some points.
@K-waz This is nice, those pitched up vocals are nice...there is a knocking sound that adds nothing to it...imo, you can lose it
Here is mine...

@2GooD Productions Well done, you've chopped the sample really good, every other sounds you've added complements the sample very well.
@Fade This reminds me of Moby...i dont know if this is a drum break...if not, you can tighten it up just a bit...its too loose at some points.
@K-waz This is nice, those pitched up vocals are nice...there is a knocking sound that adds nothing to it...imo, you can lose it
Here is mine...
yea that knocking sound... even now and then i put sounds in beat that necessary doesnt go with the beat. its one of my techinque I learned from a big time producer :) :) I shouldve mix the beat more and you wouldnt hear it as loud as it is. Your beat sounds good

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@K-waz Dope! I like the heavy bass, I just want to hear the piano a bit louder though.
@crosstevsky What morphing did you do to the piano? It should be left as is because the original is so dope! It sounds eerie though, blends well with drums you have.

What do you mean mine is loose? Do you mean the drum break? And please don't compare me to Moby, that's an insult! :woot: :burger:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
yea that knocking sound... even now and then i put sounds in beat that necessary doesnt go with the beat. its one of my techinque I learned from a big time producer :) :) I shouldve mix the beat more and you wouldnt hear it as loud as it is. Your beat sounds good
I think that knock sound is good. It could be swapped for another sound maybe but it's good. I agree though, it's good to put little sounds in here and there.