Zulema - "American Fruit African Roots"

@K-waz Dope! I like the heavy bass, I just want to hear the piano a bit louder though.
@crosstevsky What morphing did you do to the piano? It should be left as is because the original is so dope! It sounds eerie though, blends well with drums you have.

What do you mean mine is loose? Do you mean the drum break? And please don't compare me to Moby, that's an insult! :woot: :burger:
ok thank you @Fade . I was trying to stay away from the piano because Rampage used it in his song (which is a classic) but the chop i did I couldnt get away from it :biggrin::biggrin:

Moby not hiphop. He does dance and electronica music :biggrin: :biggrin: :up2::up2:;)

I dont even know what i did to the piano, i threw in 3or4 different plugins in there...
Its not all the way loose, i think some of the drums can be placed (or played) better against the drum break...and what is wrong with Moby?
I dont even know what i did to the piano, i threw in 3or4 different plugins in there...
Its not all the way loose, i think some of the drums can be placed (or played) better against the drum break...and what is wrong with Moby?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I still don't understand "loose". Maybe just the drum break? That's how it is, no chopping involved.

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
I still don't understand "loose". Maybe just the drum break? That's how it is, no chopping involved.
i dont know how to explain it @Fade Like this two kicks can be tighter(i know this is not your exact pattern, but its close....
exp.jpg

All I can hear is a small part of the break where the kick lags a bit.
Crosstevsy is a drummer, he knows his drums man. Id trust him on this one personally, hes got a good ear.
That lag is exactly what he means my loose, I have a loose bassline in my flip thats really bothering me and I have to fix

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah well tell the drummer who did the break! I'll see what I can do though, maybe just take the laggy part out. OR remove the drums completely and just bang some spoons together.

Yeah well tell the drummer who did the break! I'll see what I can do though, maybe just take the laggy part out. OR remove the drums completely and just bang some spoons together.
A little bit of chopping and sliding the cuts of the loop will easily fix it, if you used FL Studio hahahahahahaha

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
You said that you added other drum sounds along with the break, i think that pattern can be better, not the break itself...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I think the drum break is fine. it doesnt need to be changed. J Dilla never quantize his drums and neither does a live drummer :biggrin: :biggrin:
That's what I like about using drum breaks and how it's got that human touch. Sometimes a programmed drum track gets to be too rigid so it's nice to have variety. Swing makes a difference but even that gets boring.

members online