Beat This! - January 26-27, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 545
What if you keep what you have and just save it at 8-bit? That would definitely mess it up! :)

I've tried all sorts haha. The bit crushing is weird, it doesn't have much effect until you hit a certain point where it goes beyond dirty into unusable ha. Weird artefacts n shit, at least with S1's stock bitcrush

I trying other things, but musically i can't really find what I want to do to fit the vibe.

Definitely there's gonna be people who this theme naturally suits. The sound i have in mind it just isn't matching my internal 'feel' at the moment, so having a hard time making anything I'm real happy with.

I've tried all sorts haha. The bit crushing is weird, it doesn't have much effect until you hit a certain point where it goes beyond dirty into unusable ha. Weird artefacts n shit, at least with S1's stock bitcrush

I trying other things, but musically i can't really find what I want to do to fit the vibe.

Definitely there's gonna be people who this theme naturally suits. The sound i have in mind it just isn't matching my internal 'feel' at the moment, so having a hard time making anything I'm real happy with.
same

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.

we ..."2 good" ... for our own good :woot:

george costanza ok GIF by HULU

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
So I've made 2 absolute bangers. Some real slaptastic delights.

However, I'm not fully satisfied they're meeting what I want to do for the theme. So I'm back to 0 beats o_O

I'll give it one last try tomorrow.

The annoying thing is they start off sounding dirty, gritty, whatever. Then by the end they just sound like a well produced track. Even if they lean towards more dirty/gritty vibes.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
So I've made 2 absolute bangers. Some real slaptastic delights.

However, I'm not fully satisfied they're meeting what I want to do for the theme. So I'm back to 0 beats o_O

I'll give it one last try tomorrow.

The annoying thing is they start off sounding dirty, gritty, whatever. Then by the end they just sound like a well produced track. Even if they lean towards more dirty/gritty vibes.
Whatever you come up with, please try to submit on time. There's always that one guy. That one guy each time. That's you!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Whatever you come up with, please try to submit on time. There's always that one guy. That one guy each time. That's you!

I know i know i know. Last time (i think) was literally because i didn't get home until when the thing closed.

I might just leave it, not sure i will have time to make a third.

Appreciate your help thus far.

Love

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
Spent the better part of the time since my last post in this thread ignoring what I made and I'm glad I did. I came back tonight at crunch time and cleaned up some of the unnecessary dirt around it and left the grime that needed to be there. Like I said before, hope y'all are ready. At the very least this is probably the best producing i've ever done. If I don't win the internet points I won by progressing

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Gonna land a lil surprise with original vocals.... hope its themed enough because I am sketch on what exactly the theme is so went with grungy.. if you dont like it, well then, its fades fault, JS.

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I shall not be participating in the proceedings, my dirty beat werent dirty enough, didnt even get to the choosing an acapella stage

I've got 3. Want one? :woot:

Might give Fade a heads-up that I'm bout to sign up with two new accounts* to post 'em, Iron notKeys and HomoSkates

*jk, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.