beat this! competition
The results are in! See what went down. Props to all those that entered and to those that took the time to vote.
April 27, 2017
The beats are up, check them out!
April 26, 2017
The signups are closed.
April 23, 2017
The next competition will be from April 26-27th! See the information below.
The signups will be on April 26th at around 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET. Voting will be for 1 day, on April 27th, where the results will be posted the same day.
You can discuss the competition in this thread.
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!
The competition will be sponsored by Greg Savage & DIY Music Biz, where the winner will get 1 on 1 consultation from industry insider Greg Savage on music licensing.
Rules for competing
- In each competition, there will be a "theme". Check the main page for info on what the current theme is.
- Only registered members can compete.
- Only single competitors can compete, unless otherwise specified (like a theme for teams).
- The beats will be voted on by all members.
- The maximum amount of contestants is 16.
- Your beat will be hosted on IllMuzik.
- Your beat MUST NOT be longer than 2 minutes (unless otherwise specified for a theme). That's plenty of time to show your skills. It must be an instrumental (occasional vocal snippets are OK), and you can only submit 1 beat!
- Your beat will be posted in MP3 format.
- The winner of each competition will receive battle points and bragging rights.