beat this! competition
November 14, 2018
The next competition will be from November 21-22nd! See the information below.
The signups will be on November 21st at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first). Voting will be for 1 day, on November 22nd, where the results will be posted the same day.
You can discuss the competition in this section.
Theme: NO DRUMS
Time Limit: 2 minutes
- You must make a beat without any drums!
- You can have percussion but no kicks, snares, and hats.
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!
Rules for competing
- In each competition, there will be a "theme". Check the main page for info on what the current theme is.
- Only registered members can compete.
- Only single competitors can compete, unless otherwise specified (like a theme for teams).
- The beats will be voted on by all members.
- The maximum amount of contestants is 20 (unless otherwise specified).
- Your beat will be hosted on IllMuzik.
- Your beat MUST NOT be longer than 2 minutes (unless otherwise specified for a theme). That's plenty of time to show your skills. It must be an instrumental (occasional vocal snippets are OK), and you can only submit 1 beat!
- Your beat will be posted in MP3 format.
- The winner of each competition will receive battle points and bragging rights.