8 months and 0 beats made.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
its been several months for me too. just try to learn as much as you can while you wait to get it back

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I was in a several month slump as well... I had some family and personal issues to tend to.. but as soon as i got back i layed down a track that told exactly how i felt so that was good. I'm kinda in a slump now too.. but its on purpose. cuz i'm workin on legal things to get my EP out.... and recordin just to keep a buzz up. but like big tone said LEARN!

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Goddamn it, is IllMuzik's producers doomed right now?? It seems a lot of us are in a slump or were recently.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
As i told 50cal in a aim chat... I think Fade put a virus on a site and its secret sucking our skills away and they are all going to him... or something to that nature, i said.

O

open mind

Sanova said:
As i told 50cal in a aim chat... I think Fade put a virus on a site and its secret sucking our skills away and they are all going to him... or something to that nature, i said.
nice1 lol.but i have to admit that it scared me when i read it first (iam gettin paranoid LMFAO)

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Well you think he'd come better on the trax then..lol.j/k Fade...
Its just one of those things, I NEED to get a house I have gear I cant even pull out to learn cuz there's no room for it...I need a dedicated studio room that doesnt double as a bedroom in a house without neighbors who complain about everything...

In-Dent

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
P_1 said:
man ive been slackin'!!! no beats in the last 8 months. and dont get me wrong, ive been trying. Ive sat infront of my system alot but havent been able to come up with anything. Ive tried steppin' back and just letting it chill for a bit but still no heat. I've listened to other peoples beats to get me inspired, listened to other forms of music, XM, everything. What the hell is wrong with me? Have i lost the love? I even got a whole big box of dusty 45's sitting in the garage and I didnt even touch it once. Im slippin'!!! y'all got any suggestions for this OG member? any advise is appreciated.

Wow, I am mos def on the same boat. I have been slacking, but I know the cause. I haven't been working because my equiptment just doesn't enthuse me. Clicking away in Reason isn't my idea of beat making, I'm just waiting on a couple more paychecks so that I can get some hardware and be on my way again.

Don't get me wrong, Reason is a great program it just doesn't fit my specific work flow.

O

open mind

In-Dent said:
Wow, I am mos def on the same boat. I have been slacking, but I know the cause. I haven't been working because my equiptment just doesn't enthuse me. Clicking away in Reason isn't my idea of beat making, I'm just waiting on a couple more paychecks so that I can get some hardware and be on my way again.

Don't get me wrong, Reason is a great program it just doesn't fit my specific work flow.
it would be interesting to see if this is software/hardware problem.it could be really a reason.come on i mean iam a software based beatmaker too but thats not how it supposed to be.i think hardware is waaaaaaaaaaay more fun and keeps motivated and inspiring.

if i imagine i would have a MV8000/Mpc or some fantom/korg workstation.i dont think i would have this problems.

In-Dent

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
open mind said:
it would be interesting to see if this is software/hardware problem.it could be really a reason.come on i mean iam a software based beatmaker too but thats not how it supposed to be.i think hardware is waaaaaaaaaaay more fun and keeps motivated and inspiring.

if i imagine i would have a MV8000/Mpc or some fantom/korg workstation.i dont think i would have this problems.

I hear you hearing me...haha. Come to think of it I'm probably doing just as bad as you on the months to beats ratio, so don't sweat it. As I read what I posted though I realized that school may have something to do with it in my case. These days I'm doing 8+ hours of school work each night, doesn't leave me much time...but i've come to the realization that school is more important...at least to me. Very few are good enough that they can say fuck school I'm making beats now...

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah i wish i had a damn mv8000... especially after watchin that RZA video... damn i wanted to buy that shit so bad.... but i'ma stick to gettin monitors and acoustical treatment for my room first lol....

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
?

I'm wondering if this slump is one, part or all of the following 3 things:

1. Hardware vs. Software.

2. The music industry isn't what it was... lack of inspiration...we should all bump the greats.... Pac, Biggie, Bone and see what happens... surround ourselves like we're back in the 90's.

3. We've been doing it so long and we are not where we thought we'd be by this time.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
what. im exactly where i thought id be. workin like a mofo and tryin to do something in music. i thought going in, with the guys we had at bodega cold kutz, it would be instant success. but i was a noob. 3 years later. im more hungry for knowledge than i am skills. at this point i want to learn about all that i can before i can think about becoming a super producer

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Spark I understand what your saying exactly, I think my drive is in direct correlation as to who I am working with on projects...
If I have somthing going on that I like and sparks my imagination and it feels like a team effort then Im more motivated..If I am actually using standards and shit aint free then there is less of a crowd around and Im left to raping the internet of sounds and doing goofy experimental projects...
For me its all pretty much team based and when the team is rockin then Im in there, if its a transitional period in staffing and relationships or learning new gear then its more of a down time as opposed to crankin out the hitz...

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
hmm 8 months is quite long dude. but if you experience producers block, theres many other aspects of music you could work on. for example some people mentioned here that you can go sort out your samples and drum kits. you could also go do some digging. you could even pick up and instrument and pratice learning it, 8 months would be a great amount of time to pick up some new skills, and after that hard pratice, trust me, you will want to go bang out a beat!

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
WOW! i didnt think there would be this much of us in slumps. Ive started to make progress though. I took out that big ass box of 45's and started to clean them. I'm feelin' good about them too. I hope I find some gems.