_-MPC2000XL-vs-EPS16PLUS-_

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
don't use the sequencer on the Eps 16+ at all, too odd for me, plus I've gotten spoiled by the computer screen, so I use Cubase

ill o.g.
Thats mostly the reason i got it. Inspecta Wu said this once but: For me, sitting in fron to of a screen, clicking the mouse, pressin on the keyboards is boring, its not really making beats to me. I feel the same way. Alchemist does all his beats on an ASR-10 and some turntables. The EPS16+ and the ASR-10 have the same sequencer. I think i can make this work. Im sick of sittin in a chair, burnin my eyes out, and just movin the ends of my fingertips. Ive had an S20 for a while, and its time consuming (and probly a pain in the ass for people who dont use hardware), but i love that shit. Its not easy. Computers are easy.

On a computer, you can make a hot beat with no speakers. Cuz you can see everything. You pretty much rely on your eyes to do the work of matchin time up and sounds.

On Hardware, you cant (dont try to prove me wrong). You have to use your ears. And thats how it should be. People dont usually buy music so they can WATCH the timer on there cd player. They listen to it. You forget that when your on a computer.

WHatever though. Im gonna use what i got (EPS16+, S20, and SL1200's), and im gonna work on that (til i get my ASR-10... hahahahahahah!!!!).

PEACE

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
buying gear to me that is not made for your purpose is wasting time to me, if you have a lot going on like 2 to 3 instruments midi'd up and loading wavesamples into the eps16 +, and sequencing is a lot to ask of an over 10 yr piece of gear, the EPS series of samplers are known to crash, I've used Roland sequencers, Korg, ENsoniq, Cakewalk, and CUbase sequencers, and I must say ENsoniq is the worst, don't even think about using it as a midi controller too difficult, I got another Ensoniq keyboard that I use to sequence everthing with and it worked great, but since adding my computer I use Cubase to sequence, my ESQ1 is my midi controller cause it's easier to define a track, and I haven't looked back, the only clicking you have to do is, record, stop, play, it's not like fruity loops or anything, I couldn't mess with that all day either for all the clicking, I'd rather bang on something, I have a little countdown in Cubase when it's about to record, then I bang away, also what will you record on?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
jaydub23510 said:
buying gear to me that is not made for your purpose is wasting time to me, if you have a lot going on like 2 to 3 instruments midi'd up and loading wavesamples into the eps16 +, and sequencing is a lot to ask of an over 10 yr piece of gear, the EPS series of samplers are known to crash, I've used Roland sequencers, Korg, ENsoniq, Cakewalk, and CUbase sequencers, and I must say ENsoniq is the worst, don't even think about using it as a midi controller too difficult, I got another Ensoniq keyboard that I use to sequence everthing with and it worked great, but since adding my computer I use Cubase to sequence, my ESQ1 is my midi controller cause it's easier to define a track, and I haven't looked back, the only clicking you have to do is, record, stop, play, it's not like fruity loops or anything, I couldn't mess with that all day either for all the clicking, I'd rather bang on something, I have a little countdown in Cubase when it's about to record, then I bang away, also what will you record on?

Shit, I aint even have a monitor to watch and the 248x64 lcd on the mpc aint so much to bother with.

Anybody worked with a Korg xx/W or a Roland W30 ?

ill o.g.
jaydub23510 said:
...but since adding my computer I use Cubase to sequence, my ESQ1 is my midi controller cause it's easier to define a track, and I haven't looked back, the only clicking you have to do is, record, stop, play, it's not like fruity loops or anything, I couldn't mess with that all day either for all the clicking, I'd rather bang on something, I have a little countdown in Cubase when it's about to record, then I bang away, also what will you record on?...

Word J-Dub,
I used a cubase demo once, but that was before i knew, or used, midi. I think ill try that again with midi now, as long as the only clickin i have to do is rec,stop,play. Like you said.

I got a cable that hooks SCSI(off the computers joystick port) up to a midi in and a midi out. Ill try that in a couple days.

What will i record on? I would have my mostly plain beats all on disks, the MC picks one, writes to it. I record my basic beat to a Tascam 424MKIII (multitrack-casette recorder), and then we record the rough draft for the track.
Once we decide the track is good enough to finish up, I finish the beat up, i record into my computer, I have a magix audio sequencer that i can use in my sleep, and i put each instrument on a different channel, i record the mc (verse,chorus,verse,chorus,etc.), then i mix and sometimes master it. Then put it on a cd (finished track, and finished instrumental), and the magix project gets saved to a zip100. Then i'm finished.

I really never knew that much about cubase. Ill look into that though. Thanks for the info.

PEACE

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
1st. scsi ( small computer system interface ) needs a 2940 Ultra wide card by adaptec. Also check on you cable since they vary for 25 or 50 pins.

2. You can try, but it wont fit on the serial port of your soundblaster.

ill o.g.
Formant,
Sorry, i didnt really mean SCSI. That just kinda slipped out. But i have used it before to get some sounds off my friend's Casio. I used the midi in cable, that hooks up to the joystick port on my comp, and i plugged that into the midi out on the Casio. I went into Wavelab (4.0), and went to "Sampling>Receive>Midi Input." And i played somethin. Then stopped. And it popped up in Wavelab. So i know it fits, and it works. But i just not sure if it works on cubase.

Thanks Anyway.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Eps16+ Has Poor Scsi Implementation
Mpc Has Good Scsi Implementation
Mpc Has The Best Hardware Sequencer There Is
Get An Asr10 Or Mpc

ill o.g.
You should read them 10 posts i put about how i cant afford the MPC or the ASR10 yet, and how ill just be usin the EPS16+ plus until i can afford the ASR10 with maxed-out memory. Also you should read how i said i didnt wanna be like every-single-mother-fucker-and there brother who uses the mpc.

peace
"hope yall ready for the next episode, heeeaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy.........

.....smoke weed every day."
-Nate Dogg

R

Roberto Male

i think you can produce all your tracks with an EPS or the asr10 if you need stereo !

but it can be the best friend of your mpc too as the sound is really better i think