Am I the only one who is ready to see the end of dirty south?

• beat this! voting starts in...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
...only dirty south artist that I feel is LDB......PERIOD!!! and J Electronica!!!

BOY STOP....lmao...

preshate ya boi.....the south is da souf....we just need the other regions to explode(back)on the scene. Diverstity in hip hop/rap is waaaaaaaaaay over do. I Dj as some of you know and I gotta admit that music is stagnant and a bit boring at times. I'm bumping Rick Ross hard right now....his music is SICK as in "on life support." Beatz iz bangin' son!

Drake & Young Money are breathing a bit of diversity back into the game. Oh, and check for Chris Browns project....dude can spit it and I'm liking a lot of the songs he has with Kevin McCall and Tyga...nice music and decent lyrical content.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Drake & Young Money are breathing a bit of diversity back into the game.

I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing that...

The game needed Drake, actually......

yea dude we have chicken or the egg problem no doubt. If no one bought that crap no one would make it. I feel you.

When you have a choice between crap or crap, you are only gonna get crap.
The reduction in quality of music IMO, is down to cutting costs in the production department, like the extortionate cost of sample clearance today(caused by the industry that now owns most copyrights charging extortionate amounts of money), resulting in shitty synth composed music.
Instead of developing artists and creating proper musicians, the trend now is to find someone good looking who likes to perform, regardless of if they have any real talent, and milk their career till the fad of them wears off, then they are dropped like a used condom. I think it can be very hard in todays wannabe market that many long term music careers will take off. Artist development isnt what it used to be.
The pop mentality has taken over the whole industry. Quick money with no real longevity.

static

static yessir
ill o.g.
you are one of the few....and soilder boy might be from atlanta but that doesnt make him a true representation of the dirty south....Remember that term came outta the Dungeon Family.

soulja boy is from mississipi-and the south got good ish-just keep in mind everyone the ish at topic is most likely dance music and thats made in cali-east coast-and the south-even the midwest

the jerk-superman-dougie-and lean back-

so are we ready to see the end of a region or a movement?

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
The South isn't nor has never been the problem. If anything, the South's rise is what's GOOD about hip hop. Southern artists were forced to do a lot on their own which gave birth to major independent markets and publications throughout the South.

I'm more disappointed in the decline of the New York sound and New York rappers switching up what made them unique in order to gain spins and acceptance than I'll ever be in another region getting radio play.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I got much respect for "dirty south" music, I mean we needed something of our own but personally...it's not my style. I live in and love the south but Im a true new york/ east coast/ boom bapp head. Give me some Pete Rock/ Premo/ 9th Wonder type flavor anyday.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Dirty South is holding it down. Can't blame a whole region for a few cornballs. Ludacris, Dungeon Family, Cee Lo Green (Goodie Mob), Organized Noise, Outkast, etc. Can't dis a whole region in my opinion. Every genre and region has their own corn floating around. Besides, Hip Hop isn't corny.....Hip Pop is corny.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I don't mind the south music, I mind the lack of diversity...I mind that everyone is trying to emulate the southern sound in their music....

I mind people in the south saying NY rap music is wack....and acting like hip-hop started down here...

I mind that people who really really suck are getting all this airplay....

I mind that you hear this cornball music and people are looking at the hip-hop culture as a bunch of ignorant people.

I mind the consumer buying all of this cornball shit, because a more talented individual is getting shafted out of an opportunity...

I mind the 360 deals that are given to these artists who in turn become forced to do this cornball shit and not having creative control of their music...

I mind that music has become an artist's job more so than anything else.

I mind that the love for it has gone away and replaced with dollar signs.

Just saying...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Its not the south, its what came in WITH the south. Eradication of soul funk gospel and blues inspirations. the allowance of money to supercede money and creativity. The readication of the record industry.

All the bs we dislike was started generations before, and really grew as things "progressed". It came to a head $$$ wise AND creativity wise, at the same time.

I'm actually GLAD this happened. I'm being presented with oppurtunities I never believed were possible before.

This is the best time to be where EACH ONE OF US are, in the last century! I'm GLAD I'm at the generation that will tear down the last and set a WHOLE NEW PRECEDENT for musician for the NEXT century!

PS. thank you, SB, waka, Gucci. You are handing me my career... lolol

I feel like I married hip hop, put my heart and soul into it and then it went and cheated on me. Im very rapidly losing interest in hip hop. Its not the girl I fell in love with. Her true colours have shown through, and I dont like it.
Its very rare I hear shit Im really feeling anymore, so I wonder why do I bother putting so much time and effort into it anymore. Im beginning to think its time for the end of hip hop, kids dont even know what hip hop is anymore, arguing about the difference between rap and hip hop like they are two different things, not one being an element of the other. Hip hop isnt hip hop anymore, its pop music. Ive never really been down with pop music and Im not about to start now. I honestly think my hip hop days are numbered.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I feel like I married hip hop, put my heart and soul into it and then it went and cheated on me. Im very rapidly losing interest in hip hop. Its not the girl I fell in love with. Her true colours have shown through, and I dont like it.
Its very rare I hear shit Im really feeling anymore, so I wonder why do I bother putting so much time and effort into it anymore. Im beginning to think its time for the end of hip hop, kids dont even know what hip hop is anymore, arguing about the difference between rap and hip hop like they are two different things, not one being an element of the other. Hip hop isnt hip hop anymore, its pop music. Ive never really been down with pop music and Im not about to start now. I honestly think my hip hop days are numbered.

I felt like this too, but the music we love will just go more underground. I like to call what's going as a shaking of the wack. Pop on the radio, real hip hop stays in the basement or whatever. All the fakes chasing something will be exposed and they are done. The real will be fewer in numbers, but the music will not be watered down, etc. Digging and lyrics shouldn't be for everyone anyway. Just turn off the freaking radio and dig my brother!

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Dirty South def deserves it place at the table...just make room so others can eat...THATS ALL IM SAYING. I mean I listen (might not purchase) to Dirty South...cats like Scarface, Outkast, Ghetto Mafia, LDB, 8ball & MJG, Bun B and whatnot and that shit is flav but let me hear some Oddisee and DMV, some Krysis and Justus League on the radio also (which I know those days of catering to the masses likes and wants are gone anyway so...)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
2Good is not switching to anything...he's just going thru some hip hop pains right now. 2Good switching is like Chuck D joining the Klan or Common doing some Rick Ross ish! or me not winning the next B!...lol. IT JUST WONT HAPPEN!