Any one here with diabetes?

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Sorry to hear that Sinna, if you look after yourself you should be fine.
Like everyone's been saying Diabetes is very serious shit. And yes it can fuck up your kidneys. A family friend was on dialysis for a long time due to kidney problems caused by her diabetes. She had two transplants and ended up passing away over ten years ago.

My uncle died from complications arising from his diabetes, (I think type I but I'd have to ask my dad to be sure). He got it after he was in a serious car accident due to the massive shock he underwent. He didn't look after himself properly, (ate badly, injected drugs, didn't always take his insulin), and it caught up with him. Before he died he had a foot amputated from gangrene caused by the diabetes and was pretty fucked up.

Anyway my point being don't take that shit lightly; if you're at risk get yourself checked. If you have diabetes and look after yourself you should be fine but it doesn't always turn out like that. Sinna sounds like you have the right attitude. Keep your chin up mate.

Edit: Oh yeah, 2good you don't have to give up music if you have kids. There's quite a few of us on here with kids and I'm sure the others will say the same. You need to put your kids first but there should still be time to do what you love too, (just not as much as before). A happy daddy is a better daddy IMO.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Yo X,
First of all, sorry to hear about the medical condition, anything that affects your health is intense, definitely puts everything else in perspective.
I personally have never had any experience with diabetes, neitehr has anyone in my family. My grandparents came over here from Greece about 80 years ago, so I've grown up with a pretty good diet.
On this level regarding the American food supply, let me say this. The FDA does not give two fucks about what Americans eat. There is so much poison in the food supply it's crazy. The primary culprits to my knowledge are fried food, white flour, hydrogenated fats, and corn syrup. Meats with antibiotics and hormones are also not a good thing to put in your body.
The book I read last year was by Andrew Weil - Eating Well for Optimum Health. It was a little heavy on the science side (even for a nerd like me), however there was a ton of good information in it. Granted, I only apply about 20% of that in my life, I'm a big fan of a good steak and drink too much beer, however it's good to be educated about diet, you only get one body in your life.
All the best to you.
EZ
Jay

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Ill fam, thanks so much for the love, encouragement and great advice. Believe me, I am taking it ALL to heart. I've been and shall continue on taking good care of myself. With my new lifestyle, I'm feeling much better, my vision is almost back at 100% percent and overall, I'm becoming a much stronger person. I've been excercising again. I'm back to producing and beatmaking again and it feels GREAT!! I'll be participating in the beat battles again and stepping my game way up. I'm the type of person who hates to lose so I refuse to let diabetes beat me!! And that's what's up! Again, that you ALL so much for your words of encouragement and great advice. That means so much.

Mad love and respect 2 you all!

-X