Any RPG fans?

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey i was just checking the preview to the new Final Fantasy Dvd movie coming out ( based on final fantasy 7 not to do with the last crappy movie) and i was wondering if there were any Role Playing game fan here. whats your favorite game of all time (any platform) and whats the longest time you've spent on one.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
the best game ever, i mean ever, period... is Final Fantasy VII (The one with cloud, Sephrioth etc.)

me and my boy will ride for that game to the death...

San Andreas is a close second...

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
berserk said:
the best game ever, i mean ever, period... is Final Fantasy VII (The one with cloud, Sephrioth etc.)

me and my boy will ride for that game to the death...

San Andreas is a close second...

did ya know about the CGI movie being made?

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
na man but keep me informed cos i wud actually be interested... cos the story on that was dope... where as the film story was pretty weak... it jus looked dope...

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
berserk said:
na man but keep me informed cos i wud actually be interested... cos the story on that was dope... where as the film story was pretty weak... it jus looked dope...

check that out when ya can

http://www.adventchildren.net/

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ff7.... hands down..... and it is not even close. i am a fan.

dragon warrior, anyone?

what a bunch of dorks man........

oh yeah, 7 has a direct sequel coming too, starring vincet- ubt its a different type of gameas well. the only other 7 character i know about is cait sith, that stupid little cat but thankfully he doesnt ride the big fake moogle anymore...

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
To add to the list of good RPG games, I recommend

Planescape: Torment (PC) - You wake up in a morgue, unsure of who you are, the story revolves around discovering who you are, and the companions you travel with. Perhaps one the most solid storylines I've ever seen in an rpg.

Fallout 2 (PC) - Post apocalyptic setting, mutants, guns, cars, what more can you ask for.

Baldurs Gate series - Great game overall

Icewind Dale - More action than the baldurs gate series, but still makes the list because it's alot of fun

Anyways, thats all I can think of for now...

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
shall i tell you what is wack these days... old snes and megadrive conversions... for a start u can download em free off the net... and if i wanted to play fucking snes games i'd buy a fucking snes... not a PS2 or an Xbox... FUCK THE MAN

T

The Bastard

Deca said:
hey i was just checking the preview to the new Final Fantasy Dvd movie coming out ( based on final fantasy 7 not to do with the last crappy movie) and i was wondering if there were any Role Playing game fan here. whats your favorite game of all time (any platform) and whats the longest time you've spent on one.
I THINK THE ONLY RPQ I EVER GOT INTO WAS ZELDA, THE ZELDA FOR N64 WAS THE ILLEST SHIT I WOULDSTAY OME FROM SCHOOL TO PLAY THAT

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
i am tryin to get into rpg's whats some good rpg's thats rea good besides final fantsay because i am getting that with the hard drive, because i mostly been in fps, like killzone, but i used to play legend of dragoon all the time game was funny,

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Not all that into FF and the like, and I hardly never jam on my playstation anymore....I wanna get a Sega Megadrive, lol...and go back to the days of Street Fighter. That stuff was quality.

ill o.g.
I have to agree with my man Pug on alot of points above. As far as RPG goes, nothing beats D&D, so Planescape: Torment, the Baldurs gate series etc. kick total ass. Ive been hooked on Neverwinter Nights for the past couple of weeks, this is the best D&D CRPG release ever IMHO. And sometimes when Im in the mood for Hack & Slash type RPG im pretty partial to games like diablo 2 and Nox.

As far as those turn based rpgs go, i love tyhose occasionaly too, i loved playing those old Breath of Fire games and FF, but the thing that annoys me about those games is how linear the plot and events are. If you start a new game 9 out of 10 times the game will go EXACTLY the same way as the first time you played it. In those D&D type games you can go several differnet ways. Im playing NWN for the second time through and am now completing all types of quests and shit i missed the first time round. Also ive played both games of NWN as a good character, i could also flip that and be this evil bastard and play the game even more completely different.

ill o.g.
yup forgot that one. absolute brilliance, but again, very linear :(

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
FF7 was an awesome game! also, I liked Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore and Neverwinter Night...

Diabl0 2 was also mentionned...

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Word, Chrono Trigger was a great game, agree with sygma about Secret of mana as well. I never got around playing through Neverwinter Nights, after the first act I just didn't have the spark to continue playing through... I don't know if it was the redundant architecture, or the change in the party system. Anyways, I've heard better things about the expansions and fan-made modules, so perhaps I'll pick up playing it again.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
All Im Saying is dont play Online Pc games Like COunter Strike That shit is Highly Addictive Some Crazy Korean kid Died from staying in a internet Cafe for 72 hrs straight playing it

RPGS a Boring I dont understand how you wud rather click a button and do a flying Dragon attack or watever instead of running ar ound with a Gun shooting shit up

PS Greatest Game Ever is Age of Empires 2 The Age of Kings