Any weightlifters?

• beat this! voting starts in...

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
Anyone here work out? I need somebody to write me a plan with the gear that I have at my disposal. I used to work out a lot, but then stopped going to the gym and started doing it at home. Big mistake. When it's at the gym, you feel like you have to do it, when it's at home, you do it when you feel like it. So anyway, if there is anybody that can help, I'll write up what equipment I have and what I used to lift.

Also, any sugar free protein bar recipes?

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Your in luck, i just typed out my workout for my fratbrothers the otherday.. Below is are the details. Ive been doing this for 3 years and im in the best shape of my life...

------------------------------------------------------
The workout is based around hitting the gym 4 to 5 days a week. 3 of those days should have heavy cardio. This is just a brief description. A little later I will go into detail about reps and diet. Also keep in mind that the exercises should change every 4 weeks.

The goal of this work out is overall muscle endurance and fitness not just strength. You want to be able to run with the runners, lift with the lifters, do yoga, play ball, ride bikes, mountain climb etc.. Basically your overall fitness is the focus not just getting muscles. If you do this right the muscles will come.

Keep in mind most of the sets and reps are what im doing now, you may need to work up to them

(warm-up and core work are done every workout)

*Warmup(done everyday you hit the gym)• 4 sets of pull-ups(full extension) with different grips each set(10 to 12 each set)
• In-between each set do variations on pushups, Gecico , Spiderman and clapping push ups
• Approx 30 sec break between each exercise

*Core work• The stuff we did with the ball,
• side to side(with medicine ball), 25 reps
• catch and throw back(with medicine ball) 25 reps
• liff and raise(with medicine ball) 25 reps
• leg lifsts

Day1 (leg day, core, cardio)

• *warmup
  • • Leg curls- 3 sets (15)
  • • Back leg -curls 3 sets (15)
  • • Step ups- (put a 25 pound weight in each hand and step up onto a bench) 25 times each leg
  • • Calf raises -75 times each leg
  • • Side to sides-(put a 45 pound plate in your hand and lean)
  • • *crunches
  • • Then run 3 miles or take a spin class

Day2(weight day, Chest ,triceps)

• • *warm-up
  • • Bench- 4 sets Go up 20 pounds each set the final set should be 10 to 15 pounds lower then your max. Each set should be 10 reps. (so if you max is 260 on your final set you should be doing 240lb 10 times) This should be subersetted with dumbell fly's
  • • Incline bench lower weight high reps with a super set in-between
  • • Triceps pullovers with dumbbell – 3 sets of 10 with 40 dips as a superset
  • • Dumbbell Eagles – Put a dumbbell in each hand start in front. (up, out , to the side, down) 3 sets of 20.
  • • Arm circles get a 2 pound weight for each and do 200 arm circles(100 forward 100 back)
  • • Cardio circet 30 to 45 min(a bunch of cardio exercises, a mix of yoga, abs and Pilates to work on your core strength)

Day3( bicetps and back & cardio)• *warm-up
  • • Pull downs 3 sets of 10 with a super set of 20(lighter weight) in-between each main set
  • • Curls- 4 sets of 10 with a super set of 15 in-between each main set
  • • Straight bar curs 4 sets of 15
  • • Planks(hold yourself up in pushup position for 2 min) 2 sets
  • • *core work
  • • Run 3 to 4 miles (or play basketball)

Day 4(full body workout, no weights all body resistance)
  • Run 4 miles
  • *warm-up*
  • Full body circet(should be 30 to 45 min with almost no rest in-between sets)
  • • Push ups
  • • Planks
  • • Dips
  • • Lunges
  • • Moving planks
  • • Pushup holds
  • • Dumbbell punches(light weight)
  • • Dumbbell Uppercuts(light weight)

Day -5 (optional)
  • Run 4 miles
  • Yoga(or spin class or play ball)

If you do this with the right diet you will be good to go, personally ive been doing this none stop for almost 3 years. It took me awhile to get to where im at. When I started I could only do 3 pull-ups. Now I feel like im in the best shape of my life. I think this work out allows you to hold your own with anyone from boxers, to bikers, to yoga cats to heavy lifters.

Also keep in mind the importance of work out partners that push you

Take vitamins to and drink LOTS of water. Eat healthy too...

classic

ill o.g.
Nice, thanks for the information. Quick question though - Why does the routine have to change after 4 weeks? Is it something to do with the body getting too used to the same thing?

Yep exactly every 4 to 6 weeks you should completely change your work out. If not your body will plateau. It keeps things fresh and prevents you from working the same muscules or doing the same motion all the time.

I see these big as dudes in the gym, all they do is bench and nothing else. They can bench 400lb but they cant do 10 pull ups in a row.. You gotta switch it up..

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Shit....I might consider this workout myself...

I've been out running every day.....Trying to lose some unnecessary weight before I get back into the swing of things..

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
I work out 5-6 times a week. I used to have a split routine, but switched to full body recently.
I never do cardio and weight lifting on the same day (to prevent muscle wasting) . I use various kinds of equipment (free weights,
body weight, elastic bands -I have the bodylastics Terrel Owens edition-, skip rope, stationary bike, stepper, like classic said it's important to switch it up from time to time to maximize your work outs. As far as supplements I use whey protein powder/bars and amino acid pills.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Word, i didnt know switching things up was that critical?.....
Ive been trying to workout everyday now at home for at least one hour.

First I stretch, then I do as many push ups as I literally can, which isnt that much really, anywhere between 20-35 max.....lol...im starting to be able to do more lately tho.

Then I work with free weights:
1st I do those ab ones where u hold one dumbell and lean the opposite way to do sort of a side crunch. I do 100 on each side.

Then I do 2 sets of curls at one weight setting, and then I do various shoulder lifts as well, then I return to my biceps to do 2 more sets with more weight.

After that I do a variation of about 100 crunches usually.

Then I stretch again and hop on the treadmill for 30 minutes. About half of that is heavy running.

To be honest tho, i just feel stronger these days but I dont really see any physical changes which sucks! and Ive been at this exercise for about 2 months straight now....only missed like 4 or 5 days.

Any tips?

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
fuck that shit use my plan

day 1
Breakfast-have Corn pops mixed with cocoa puffs wit a side of 4 eggo waffles
lunch-ellios pizza or digiorno if u feel like getting fancy wit some sprite
dinner-A thick ass strip steak mdeuim rare with a bottle of sam adams
(SMOKE BREAK)
late night snack-Chocolate chip cookies with a bowl of corn pops with some Shmores Pop tarts

and repeat the next day

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
lol... i was gonna write some funny shit, but Fury beat me to it... i expected fake Rel to write that... i use a Power Tower in the house... no set routine, when i walk by it, i do whatever...lol, but Classic's routine is good... when i DID go to the gym, i did some of whats on his list... i decided to save some money and do it at home... results not the same, but i guess im leaner bcuz im not usin weights.

da relic

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
fuck that shit use my plan

day 1
Breakfast-have Corn pops mixed with cocoa puffs wit a side of 4 eggo waffles
lunch-ellios pizza or digiorno if u feel like getting fancy wit some sprite
dinner-A thick ass strip steak mdeuim rare with a bottle of sam adams
(SMOKE BREAK)
late night snack-Chocolate chip cookies with a bowl of corn pops with some Shmores Pop tarts

and repeat the next day

ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......This is what I call an "I know I'm not going to live forever so fuck it" workout. Gotta have at least one of these a week.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Anyone here work out? I need somebody to write me a plan with the gear that I have at my disposal. I used to work out a lot, but then stopped going to the gym and started doing it at home. Big mistake. When it's at the gym, you feel like you have to do it, when it's at home, you do it when you feel like it. So anyway, if there is anybody that can help, I'll write up what equipment I have and what I used to lift.

Also, any sugar free protein bar recipes?

My brother is a former NCAA All American and does a lot of professional training ranging from average joes to pro athletes. If you're serious, DM me your email and I'll have him hook you up on the Illmuzik discount.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
My brother is a former NCAA All American and does a lot of professional training ranging from average joes to pro athletes. If you're serious, DM me your email and I'll have him hook you up on the Illmuzik discount.

Ummm....you do realize Cell is in another country right?

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
i used to powerlift, but then i stopped, the thing that helped me the most in weight loss was muay-thai, i lost 15lbs in a month. But now i am out of shape and smoking, trying to quit and about to start boxing for my cardio.

classic

ill o.g.
ahh i missed this thread.... glad you guys are talking bout this, heath is overlooked by alot of musicians..

Anyways if you notice the workout that i do is more of a template. I dident go into specfic's with exercises or sets. you can fill it in with stuff that your familiar with... IMO when working out you should train for overall fitness. Not just one specific thing..

Thhis work allows you to touch many aspects of fitness, to often cats focus on one thing negating everything else.

For example
  • Im not the strongest dude in the gym.. I cant put up 450 on the bench But i can bench 305, ten times in a controlled press..
  • Im not the most flexible dude in yoga class(actually alot of times im the only dude in there) but i can transition from childs pose to downward facing dog pretty good and hold my own with in any mid level to advanced yoga class.
  • Im not the fastest dude in spin class, but im in the top 10% as far as speed and resistance
  • Im not the best distance runner but i can run around prospect park (4Miles) in 27 min

So right there you have speed, flexibility power and endurance... IMO (fitness wise) its better to be reallly good (top 10%) in those things rather then focusing on one thing and negating all the other stuff..

This weight lifting gym rats you see puting up crazy weight...ask them to do 4x12 pullups or run.. those dudes are dead meat for them its just body image not actuall fitness..

ALso one more thing. its very important to work out with people who push you.. i think thats the key.. Its very hard to work out buy yourself and get results. Very few people succeed at that.

A good work out partner is woth 10 times the most expensive gym equipment or trainer

Set goals as well, and switch it up every 4 weeks, thats VERY important.

Peace

class...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
m not the strongest dude in the gym.. I cant put up 450 on the bench But i can bench 305, ten times in a controlled press..
Dam, thats still a grip tho dude. Not bad. I dont have resources to a bench anymore but last time I tried I could only do like 200 and that was brutal. lol.

members online