anyone twitter?

R

Rich

Shadeed is absolutely right. I've been active for a number of years on Twitter, and have met a bunch of interesting people from it.

So many uses for Twitter in it's simplicity, from service updates, to finding like minded peeps to network with, to being in a constant loop with friends and family.

http://twitter.com/richontwitter

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
no i dont twitter, but i take regular shits though.
just giving you guys the update, an illmuzik exclusive for all yall.
now bring that beat back.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I must say that my usage of Twitter has graduated from providing updates to serving as the starting point to real offline connections and deals being done.
I'm fielding all types of new opportunities from the conversations that I'm having on Twitter.

It's not how many followers you have, it about the conversations you're having with those followers. If you're about making connections and doing business, you'll find LOTS of opportunities coming your way just by being active on Twitter.
Dam, I didnt know it was that useful...I suppose Ill have to finally try this thing out.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Dam, I didnt know it was that useful...I suppose Ill have to finally try this thing out.

I'm not doing it big like Shadeed is but this is how connected you can get.

I left an update saying something about having "Bad Bitch Radar" and someone I didn't really know well replied to me, so I replied back. And then somehow, this cat Krucial left me a comment.

Krucial, is the other half of Alicia Key's in house production crew known as Krucial Keys. You'll hear her reference it from time to time in a song. Anyway, I asked him what he was working on and he text back, Alicia Key's album which is due this Summer.

Now I could have gone into beat groupie mode and started jocking the guy and begging him to check out my shit. But I am smart enough to know I aint anywhere close to ready to try and showcase myself to someone of his caliber.

But my point it, that is how much access you have directly to some of these people. For example, Styles P is on there and he has a small following and an even smaller subscription pool. So you can text him and he will probably get it. He has already asked that the few people who have been getting at him to fall back and quit harrassing him.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
I'm not doing it big like Shadeed is but this is how connected you can get.

I left an update saying something about having "Bad Bitch Radar" and someone I didn't really know well replied to me, so I replied back. And then somehow, this cat Krucial left me a comment.

Krucial, is the other half of Alicia Key's in house production crew known as Krucial Keys. You'll hear her reference it from time to time in a song. Anyway, I asked him what he was working on and he text back, Alicia Key's album which is due this Summer.

Now I could have gone into beat groupie mode and started jocking the guy and begging him to check out my shit. But I am smart enough to know I aint anywhere close to ready to try and showcase myself to someone of his caliber.

But my point it, that is how much access you have directly to some of these people. For example, Styles P is on there and he has a small following and an even smaller subscription pool. So you can text him and he will probably get it. He has already asked that the few people who have been getting at him to fall back and quit harrassing him.

Now here's where it gets interesting, what happens if you WERE in a position where your career was ready to go to the next level? Do you see the opportunities you could find
yourself being exposed to?!

Twitter in itself, is just a tool. To use an analogy I'd say this "If I put you in a room or party
with the most influential people in your given industry, what would you say to those people??"
Twitter.com puts you within "arms reach" of people that you have no business even interacting with (based on their status/accomplishments etc)
Now that you HAVE that access through this tool, how will you present yourself?

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Shadeed, do you still work for NMS?

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Twitter.com puts you within "arms reach" of people that you have no business even interacting with (based on their status/accomplishments etc)

I totally hear you bro. You preaching to the choir.

I just partnered up with a business strategist and has specializes in Sales Outsourcing. I handle all his Visual Communications and I have been trying to get him to understand the power of social media. He was the former president of the Junior Chamber of Commerce and we have attended a few events that are trying to inform people about the benefits of social networking, but he like many others dont understand the power of the ability to connect so easily. He shares this negative stigma about it that many others have because they are stuck on doing business in a certain way. Face to Face.

He is trying to focus on email campaigning but I keep trying to tell him, the networks are the new sh*t because it is like super email and you can control the spam by maintaining your friends list. So a new study came out saying that social networking has finally surpassed email use.

The last event we went to about 4 weeks ago was a book promotion of this guy who developed this site:

http://www.barack20.com/

This was the speaker:

http://www.davidbullock.com/

In my opinion, what makes Twitter so ill is that it is like text messaging on steroids. because if you have a pool of people linked up, you can be anywhere and communicate with everyone in your pool. You don't have to be in front of a computer. Twitter can connect to your phone so you get updates instantly and you can respond right away.

I never talked to StormElements and now I know what she eats when she eats and when she is in the studio. LOL.

The sh*t is crazy bro.

Styles P was hitting up people for weed in Austin using Twitter... comedy.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Man.. I'll stick with Facebook since the new Status crap looks like twitter

To each his own, if Facebook works for you then go with it!
But thinking outside the box for a sec, if Facebook - the world's most dominant social networking platform is looking at twitter for inspiration, would that give you the impression that Twitter may add some value to what you're trying to build with your music enterprise??

The artist community, as a collective, tends to react to what's changing the world instead of analyzing and adopting. I think that practice is starting to change which is good news.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Shadeed, do you still work for NMS?

G.O.D. - NMS is a subsidiary I established to provide an infrastructure for
the publishing, speaking, and lectures/educational workshops that I organize and deliver for branding and tax purposes. As the opportunities presented expand, the public will start to
see more of a unified 'corporate front' for NMS.

I consult for several companies, but in terms of social/new media specifically,
I am in the midst of a collaborative effort with the company Get Social Now www.getsocialnow.com - I am very excited about the future and what it holds.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Now that you HAVE that access through this tool, how will you present yourself?

I really like the way you put that Shadeed. It's wild how nowadays the resources and the people are a mouseclick away. You used to have to move to NYC or LA to have these sort of networking opportunities.

Once you meet these people (online or offline) it's really up to you as an individual to get your shit together and have quality product, and next thing you know it's off to the races.

Good thread.

FYI - I'm on there as dahkter

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Shadeed,

I thought you were talking about:
http://newmediastrategies.net/

Anyway, this whole thread sounds like an ad for someone trying to promote twitter and social media. Good luck guys!