anyone twitter?

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Shadeed,

I thought you were talking about:
http://newmediastrategies.net/

Anyway, this whole thread sounds like an ad for someone trying to promote twitter and social media. Good luck guys!

I'm not affiliated with the company w/ the link you posted, the site looks decent though, I hope they do well. Just a case of two people with the same company name.

Overall, I think this thread is good because quite a few people learned about something that they can possibly benefit from.

Blatant ads on Illmuzik would get shut down verrry quickly lol. That's one of the reasons I enjoy this site.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I'm not affiliated with the company w/ the link you posted, the site looks decent though, I hope they do well. Just a case of two people with the same company name.

They're an Inc. 100 company. They have a large list of clients and are pretty well established. I know someone there - that's why I was asking you.

Overall, I think this thread is good because quite a few people learned about something that they can possibly benefit from.

PR as "education". LMAO, haven't heard that shtick before. I'm just trying to "educate the public" on something I may profit off of.

Blatant ads on Illmuzik would get shut down verrry quickly lol. That's one of the reasons I enjoy this site.

LMAO. You're a PR type. You know when TV news is running an embargoed video press release as "news" and when they're not. You know when an op-ed may have been written by a special interest group and run in the paper.

I don't buy your innocence, but I appreciate your hustle even more. Good luck and get that paper.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
genius man, did you think to read your own post before you hit reply?

Do you have a twitter account Magna?

twitter is so pointless lol

Oh... so why even post in this thread? I can understand a post to a thread with a different view on something backed by a reason...or facts..or anything other then "so pointless". It may be pointless to you cause you see no interest to it...yet you post in a thread that is for people who do twitter to connect...

Come on man... contribute to the forum. YOU CAN DO IT!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Seems kinda cool to me actually and i was hesitant to join for a while....
I already chopped it up with PsalmOne about her new album with DNA, and JeanGrae answered a question of mine....What i like about it already is that you can directly connect with people that would otherwise be harder to get a hold of via other networks.
So far, seems pretty cool to me tho. :)

*Only thing i will say thats a slight downside is that their server doesn't seem to be able to handle the mass traffic that the sites getting.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
They're an Inc. 100 company. They have a large list of clients and are pretty well established. I know someone there - that's why I was asking you.

Ok. Cool. If you can provide an initial introduction, there may be opportunities for me to work with them in a consulting capacity in the Mid-Atlantic/Tri-State regions. I have a few things going on in those markets they may leverage and benefit from. Thanks.

I don't buy your innocence, but I appreciate your hustle even more. Good luck and get that paper.

I've never claimed innocence or naivete. I'm just saying "give me some credit" lol.
If you initially assumed that I worked for an Inc. 100 Social Networking firm, then I just hoped you would also assume that I would also be smart enough to choose a bigger target
to launch this "Twitter World Domination/Money Making Campaign" than a hip-hop producers message board.

I'm currently partnered up w/ a collective that is in the midst of planning/organizing several very high profile interactive events this year and next year.
My only point in regards to your comments G.O.D, is please don't tell me that you believe I'm going to by-pass Starbucks, Microsoft, Apple, Under Armour etc. etc. and unleash this diabolical plan on Relic and Agent Smith.

Thanks for appreciating the hustle. If G.O.D. appreciates what I do, then I must be going somewhere. Thanks.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
I really like the way you put that Shadeed. It's wild how nowadays the resources and the people are a mouseclick away. You used to have to move to NYC or LA to have these sort of networking opportunities.

Once you meet these people (online or offline) it's really up to you as an individual to get your shit together and have quality product, and next thing you know it's off to the races.

Good thread.

FYI - I'm on there as dahkter

Thanks. Don't assume however, that myspace, facebook, twitter, so on/so forth is a substitute for face-to-face interaction. My social media usage is counter-culture, in that typically my online communities consist of people that I plan or expect to meet in person.

I don't typically add people just to build up "status" through high friend/follower number counts.

The industry "hot spots" will continue to be relevant, and if you want to make those connections, the same rules still apply. These tools serve as a "banner" or attractive sign
to bring people into the store to see what you're selling.

I wrote a Blowing Up from the Basement article on Illmuzik last June called:
Back to Basics: Get Offline: Put the Screen Name with the Face

Feel free to review, the same rules apply in a post-Twitter generation.

https://www.illmuzik.com/articles/articles.php?article_id=80

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
genius man, did you think to read your own post before you hit reply?

Actually I'm a moderator responsible for keeping the threads relevant...which includes encouraging members not to post pointless bullshit such as your post. No hard feelings.

back on track. Look out for Shadeed's articles coming up...the tweets is talking.

T

The Arkitekt

I don't understand the way chatting on twitter works, ive checked out a few of the pages, but the messages are like everything is from user name "twitter", "web", just all different things and the messages are all coming from the person who owns that certain page. Can someone let me know how dis works?

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
^^^
Well you get on Twitter. You can add people to follow and then people can follow you. I post a current status and anyone who is following me gets my tweet. So everyone can read it and comment back to it or not. If you send a message directly @ "X" then only they get the message, but everyone can still see it. Its a public status website so you can have convos on it while just sharing whatever it is your doing if you feel like sharing...

Im taking a shit!

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
@ash - just sayin'...
Do you have a twitter account Magna?

Oh... so why even post in this thread? I can understand a post to a thread with a different view on something backed by a reason...or facts..or anything other then "so pointless". It may be pointless to you cause you see no interest to it...yet you post in a thread that is for people who do twitter to connect...

Come on man... contribute to the forum. YOU CAN DO IT!
lol i gotta admit this made me laugh.

a bit.

I just said that twitter was pointless in an attempt to counter the point made early on in the thread to the effect of "twitter is one of the reasons obama was elected... etc." (probably taken out of context and recounted incorrectly but w/e).

T

The Arkitekt

^^^
Well you get on Twitter. You can add people to follow and then people can follow you. I post a current status and anyone who is following me gets my tweet. So everyone can read it and comment back to it or not. If you send a message directly @ "X" then only they get the message, but everyone can still see it. Its a public status website so you can have convos on it while just sharing whatever it is your doing if you feel like sharing...

Im taking a shit!

oh ight thanks

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I've never claimed innocence or naivete. I'm just saying "give me some credit" lol.
If you initially assumed that I worked for an Inc. 100 Social Networking firm, then I just hoped you would also assume that I would also be smart enough to choose a bigger target
to launch this "Twitter World Domination/Money Making Campaign" than a hip-hop producers message board.

I'm currently partnered up w/ a collective that is in the midst of planning/organizing several very high profile interactive events this year and next year.
My only point in regards to your comments G.O.D, is please don't tell me that you believe I'm going to by-pass Starbucks, Microsoft, Apple, Under Armour etc. etc. and unleash this diabolical plan on Relic and Agent Smith.

Thanks for appreciating the hustle. If G.O.D. appreciates what I do, then I must be going somewhere. Thanks.

Mocking is an effective form of defusing a situation in your favor. Used to know a publicist at a network who did that to protect its hosts. A publicist I know uses it on a consistent basis for her clients if they get negative coverage in press.

Reminds me of the whole Jon Stewart "my show is preceded by sock puppets" argument to make him look "weak" and then he sticks it to the guys.

PR is all about grassroots bullshit these days anyway, and if you're small, Microsoft wouldn't give you the time of day, dude. No disrespect.

What I am saying is: YOU GOTTA START SOMEWHERE. I respect your hustle... now GET THAT PAPER or I'm going to take it from you!!!

Use what others consider are your weaknesses to your advantage.

P.S. I use Twitter for a select group of friends so we can rapidly coordinate a night out. This is a common occurrence.

That's because most people are too pussy to call someone and talk to them anymore. Email, texting, Twittering, Friendfeeding all feeds into our pussy passive-aggressive lifestyle.

I'd rather have lunch with a motherfucker or a face to face meeting (even 60 seconds) to pitch a project. But I understand the opposite too... you have access to more people with these technologies BECAUSE of their passive-aggressive nature.

members online