Apple just announced the iPad oh ya!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I do love that he called it a slate when the rumors were that apple would call theirs the iSlate. Micrsoft has some of the top talent in the world working for them and somehow they just keep playing follow the leader. They are turning in to IBM, of course I will never give up my Xbox.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I do love that he called it a slate when the rumors were that apple would call theirs the iSlate. Micrsoft has some of the top talent in the world working for them and somehow they just keep playing follow the leader. They are turning in to IBM, of course I will never give up my Xbox.

follow the leader???

Dude... tablets are not new at all. They've been around for well over a decade and they've run Windows. Exactly who is playing catch up???

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Honestly for most stuff I dont even want a tablet anyways or one of those fancy computers with the touch screen technology.....thats too much waiving your hands and arms around to do simple tasks that only require subtle movements on a trackpad or with a mouse.....just a little too gimmicky for me personally.....Im certainly not gonna try and track a session in PT or Logic with a computer like that even though their clearly not marketed for that anyways to my knowledge.....I like practical gadgets instead.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
follow the leader???

Dude... tablets are not new at all. They've been around for well over a decade and they've run Windows. Exactly who is playing catch up???
why bother? you know how this shit goes...i mean c'mon, apparently, according to some, there wasn't such a thing as an mp3 player until ipod came about, smh.

already the zombies are calling it revolutionary, and all the other bombastic words they usually use. they love it and will make sure they love it, no. matter. what.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Wow... this thread took off. I think the name is retarded lol. Hey guys wait up I cant leave without my Ipad... its that time of the month....to do internet stuff at Starbucks.

as long as that "internet stuff" doesn't involve Flash or Java, you might be able to do "internet stuff".

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Where is Microsoft playing catch up to Apple

iTunes to Zune
ipod/phone to Windows Mobile (and Microsoft got here first but the OS and interface sucks!)
OSX UI to Windows 7 to quote a WINDOWS site winsupersite.com "if you don't think Microsoft did not copy the dock from Apple in Windows 7 you are not paying attention"

Sorry don't even try and compare a tablet with ipad, a tablet PC is Windows with a poorly implemented stylus input slapped on top of windows.

all of the iLife suite microsoft has been trying play catch up with and doing very poorly with that.
Widgets to Gadgets
Multi touch

Lets give credit where it is due, Apple made the portable digital media player market, they may not have been there first but the first to really do it right.

Mac users are sick of Windows steeling Apples ideas and still having such HUGE market share. We are just happy to see Apple finally get some credit.

Read the history of Microsoft
"Then, in 1984, Apple Computer released the Macintosh computer, which used a graphical user interface to represent a desktop metaphor, with folders, files, and a trash can, among other things. It is common belief that Apple stole the idea from Xerox. This is not true. Apple bought the interface from Xerox for a rather hefty amount of Apple stock, and the final resultwas very different from the one that Xerox invented.

By 1985, Microsoft had become quite a large company. They were the dominant software provider for IBM clones as well as for the Macintosh. Although Microsoft was putting down the Macintosh by claiming that it was for lazy people and that it was less powerful than MS-DOS, they were at the same time well aware of its superiority in both ease of use and functionality, and seeking to mimic it in their own operating system.

Microsoft came to Apple, requesting to license some of the key interface elements from them for use in what was to be called Windows. Apple, of course, declined. So Microsoft again used its dominance in one market -- this time Macintosh software -- to force the industry to bend to its wishes. It threatened to discontinue development of Macintosh applications unless Apple licensed portions of the MacOS. This would have been a major blow to Apple, since Microsoft was the dominant software provider for the Mac. So Apple was forced into licensing parts of their OS to Microsoft. Windows 1.0 was introduced later that year.

In 1990, Microsoft released Windows 3.0. By this time, Microsoft had clearly gone far beyond its licensing agreement with Apple, and was obviously stealing patented intellectual property. Apple took Microsoft to court, and many industry experts thought Apple had a very strong argument and was going to nail Microsoft. Apple lost the case.

Microsoft released Windows 95 on August 24, 1995, completing their theft of the Macintosh look and feel, but the change was only one of appearance. Deep down, Windows 95 is still QDOS. Despite this fact, Windows 95 was a wild success, and is used today by 85% of all computer users, with another 5% of consumers using its expensive cousin, Windows NT. A few months later, Bill Gates finished writing his "visionary" book, The Road Ahead."

Its all really sad. Microsoft could really innovate but they are just to big? Or structured strange? I dont know.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Working for AT&T, I heard about this a couple days ago.....Looks like they are coming unlocked but it also looks like AT&T will be the first to carry service for it...Unlimited data for $30 per month..

The iPad will not be insurable..you break it, you're fucked...

I'm not a fan of the actual iPad, but I do see why people will like it...Apple supporters/fans/fanatics will love it....It looks cool as hell...and seems to only be used to impress clients with its visual appeal..comes with 720p screen...which is great as well....It's basically an iPod touch with a few more features and is a lot larger....The price tag would appeal to a lot of apple users since most of their products are overpriced, anyway (just my personal opinion).

I also see the first gen having many difficulties...only a matter of time https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25652&page=2where the device starts freezing up and failing...way too expensive to replace so that protection plan is definitely a must.....but don't drop it..or that's yo ass.....I'd like to see an otter box cover for it....

I'm all about the coolest shit in tech....but apple's mobile devices (ipod, iphone & now ipad) have become more of a fashion trinket....

Fuck what apple has to offer, I'm waiting for this device (the prototype is actually done, but this device is coming soon) http://www.nokia.com/about-nokia/research/demos/the-morph-concept/video

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It looks like it has some nice features but really it's just another marketing ploy from big business. Nobody NEEDS the Ipad, I mean they're marketing it as being somewhere between a smartphone and a laptop. If you're into gadgets then you just creamed your pants and that's great but most people will have absolutely zero use for it.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
The way apple works... if it was a macbook in a tablet format, it wouldve been the new macbook instead... Im not impressed but i could see it as a remote for logic in a nicey studio, remote through vnc should work.

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
what ever happened to the days when someone could just play with a stick and that was a day...
these days you cant even stop for one second before someone shoves an electronic hyper-mega-timewaster module in front of you. lol

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
"Hey, look at me, I'm using a kindle, I buy all of my media legally" LOL...

Yeah...those things are more like trinkets and they are simply for social status....kinda like the person who makes believe they're talking on their cell phone...

Or like everyone at starbucks has to bring their macbook to drink coffee......

Attachments

• cmon_son.jpg
    cmon_son.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 130

members online