Battle That! Competition - September 13-16, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Boner Beats Bonanza about to POP OFF tomorrow where only the hardest, rock-hard beats will last. Those that will be beaten will whither away covered in battle sauce.

Come At Me Bring It GIF by Game of Thrones

battle GIF
Holding Mel Gibson GIF

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I am such an idiot for at least not signing up to see if I'd make the cut.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Boner Beats Bonanza about to POP OFF tomorrow where only the hardest, rock-hard beats will last. Those that will be beaten will whither away covered in battle sauce.

Come At Me Bring It GIF by Game of Thrones

battle GIF
Holding Mel Gibson GIF
Pause

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Lowkey this battle is on some shit though, Im curious as fuck. Its a complete clash of styles..I love it.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Lowkey this battle is on some shit though, Im curious as fuck. Its a complete clash of styles..I love it.
No doubt. It's a tough one. For me, some of them are really hard to decide and some come down to the mix.

I'll post the round 1 results around 7pm ET. So far there's a really good amount of votes so I'm happy about that.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Yeah it's weird but it happens every year when most people are used to posting 2 min beats when in fact it's 4 minutes.
Imagine someone made 4 minutes of music for me to only listen to 20 seconds of it.

Jokes(but reality) aside, I don't see the necessity for making your track that long (unless it really calls for it)... personally I find I'll usually get bored of the beat by that point and it'll start to work against you.

What IS good about it tho. Is if your track naturally wants to run longer than 2mins you don't have to make drastic arrangement cuts or fades etc.

I consider it a healthy headroom.

Imagine someone made 4 minutes of music for me to only listen to 20 seconds of it.

Jokes(but reality) aside, I don't see the necessity for making your track that long (unless it really calls for it)... personally I find I'll usually get bored of the beat by that point and it'll start to work against you.

What IS good about it tho. Is if your track naturally wants to run longer than 2mins you don't have to make drastic arrangement cuts or fades etc.

I consider it a healthy headroom.
the thing is, the 4 minute space leaves room for exhibiting the skill of engaging with the audience for a longer time. if anything it makes the voting more... idk, fair?

if it was to be shortened I'd say 3m would do, but 4m is okay too.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah 4 minutes is excessive but it was originally just to give everyone more space to do more stuff like a breakdown, intro, etc. Basically just to make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
the thing is, the 4 minute space leaves room for exhibiting the skill of engaging with the audience for a longer time. if anything it makes the voting more... idk, fair?

if it was to be shortened I'd say 3m would do, but 4m is okay too.
Yeah 4 minutes is excessive but it was originally just to give everyone more space to do more stuff like a breakdown, intro, etc. Basically just to make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy.

Yeah no, nothing wrong with 4 minutes.

Just saying just cause it's there don't mean you gotta use it.

If you do use it, best use it fucking well.

I see a lot of instrumental beats online that are around 1 minute in length. Talking spotify releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.