Battle That! Competition - September 15-18, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 566
of course i know wu, was expecting heads to explode today. Probably the same gap between when the sampled track was made compared to when rza sampled it, as between when rza sampled it and I did. At what point are we allowed to used an old sample that just so happened to be used before, as for beat 22, I had no fucking clue madlib had used it. The difference being, I made it my own. Do you ever stop fucking moaning? Or is that your true talent? Every battle, whine fucking whine, it makes me not want to battle any more
If you read properly i didn't beef you for beat 22 - i said i didnt even know it was a samlple.

Blame me sure, there's many others who agree.

People teefin melodies off hit records and using vocals in no vocals makes me and many others not want to battle.

But like we said, it's cool, now we know the rulebook is out th3 window.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If you read properly i didn't beef you for beat 22 - i said i didnt even know it was a samlple.

People teefin melodies off hit records and using vocals in no vocals makes me and many others not want to battle.

Dude, give it up. Move on.

the simple fact is we have been doing sample flips here for nearly 2 decades, one sample can be flipped so many ways.
I didnt even think using a sample thats been used before was a bad thing, anybody that samples will inevitably use samples that have been used before. Does this even need to be pointed out on a hip hop producer forum?
What breaks the rules is trying to pass off a remake or claiming somebody elses beat as your own.
"Teefin melodies" is what hip hop is built on. LMFAO.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
1 good beat but poor mix
1 good beat that went a bit downhill instrumentally
1 beat very common used sample
1 beat really quite surprisingly dead

I've voted (i think).

I think R3 was a very dead round. Hoping for a good final - though I won't have monitors to do voting.

Sour grapes...

Baby Drinking GIF by reactionseditor

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
Voting done. All 4 beats did their own thing in a different way and to me they all succeeded in what they were trying to accomplice.
I really feel like this could go either way on all sides.
It's almost to nerve wrecking at this point. And I never had time to meet my guy so I'm still out of weed.
Gonna have another listen before bedtime.
Nice job guys, see you in the finals!

(I hope the comment section will resemble this dance-off more than what happened today)
:borat:

(This was what happened today)
Mini Golf Toddler GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.