beat sales

Alphabet

ill o.g.
Yea most heads dont want to pay, what i did was has a entertainment lawyer contact write up a quick contract that simply says if they should get a deal i would be compensated for the money and time i spent and i would have a minimum of one track on the album. Protects your music and allows you to comfortablely work with out recieving much money if any.

Mox of Blazin'

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
oh word. let me get a copy of that contract Alphabet! I could use a blueprint about now

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
From what I can see, the majority of people involved (or want to be) in the rap game are busters who knew somebody. Thats how the world works... I know. These busters want something for nothing. Like I said in another post, rappers/emcees come a dime a dozen. I'm in the same boat w/ ya'll. I think if I took a good run at it, I would smoke many emcees. I would actually be a better emcee than producer, mostly due to personality and orginality. If there weren't half ass producers out there who just want to make the money back that they spent on fruity loops, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. We're totally selling ourselves short. There should be an industry minimum of $500 a track, and then some if the track goes buck wild.

hobgoblin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Holmzini said:
zone has a point... i used to think i could just make beats and shit and get money ,.. but since i have been thinking independtly and started my own business.. i have been coming in contact with way more people who can actually help me in producer career as oppoosed to just staying home and making beats and trying to sell beats and shit.. now im out there pushing my own entertainment company and then when i meet influential people im like.. "yo by the way i got beats".... and its more real than just being a guy who makes beats.. beacause they know im a businessman and know im about making moves and such .. not just a dude trying to get a deal like evryone else... in short .. u cant rely on ur musical talent.. u must be business oriented and motivated to go out and really network... there so many aspects of the business one can squeeze into with out going the traditional "i got beats 4 sale" role

Exactly. Always keep your fingers in as many pies as possible. before i started producing (3-4 months ago) I was (and still am) a radio presenter on a major uk radio station. i've made 2 beats i can say i'm happy with, and i've already got people Q'ing up to work with me, and offers from certain contacts to SHOP BEATS FOR ME! sometimes making dope tracks in your bedroom aint enough - like Holmzi said - come from a differant angle and network as much as possible. Eg work in a record shop, Promote your own nights, make tea for your local radio station (its how i got in). Back to the original subject tho...

i dont even know what to ask for for my beats £ wise, I make underground uk ish, and like Hoppa said - these dudes is po!

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Holmzini said:
zone has a point... i used to think i could just make beats and shit and get money ,.. but since i have been thinking independtly and started my own business.. i have been coming in contact with way more people who can actually help me in producer career as oppoosed to just staying home and making beats and trying to sell beats and shit.. now im out there pushing my own entertainment company and then when i meet influential people im like.. "yo by the way i got beats".... and its more real than just being a guy who makes beats.. beacause they know im a businessman and know im about making moves and such .. not just a dude trying to get a deal like evryone else... in short .. u cant rely on ur musical talent.. u must be business oriented and motivated to go out and really network... there so many aspects of the business one can squeeze into with out going the traditional "i got beats 4 sale" role

Tru' Dat Kid. You can be the dopest beat producer in the world, but if your business game ain't straight you got issues. You'll just get beat.
ONE

macthedoulos

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
inactive site?

drew_petti said:
they dont shop the beats for you, but i know that managers check out the producers, and artists on there.

I got contacted by lil cease's manager not too long ago to make him and junior mafia some tracks. They heard my stuff on www.tonos.com

whatup wit www.tonos.com??!?!? i can't get on it.

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
It is a good way to reach a wider audience but they want cheaper prices. Big name producers charge at least 200,000 per beat. Most of us are not big names so we still gotta get a reasonable amount of money for a time and thought we put into each beat.

illusion

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
making a beat cd will help...........u can take it wid u wherever u go and you never know who u see, could get lucky 1 time.

members online