Beat Thang sampling by Lady Tha ProducHer

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
lmao... yea man... where u been at? the launch date was jULY 17TH... SUNDAY... i found something:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K5816-SfQ"]‪Dallas Austin's Launch Party Beat Thang‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

actually, its not much.. lol

da relic

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
well... my urges couldnt be contained, so i strolled to Best Buy to see if all the fuss for this machine had any merits... as of this time right now, i must say, im very impressed with the machine... visually, its footprint is about the size of a web book... the casing is all metal, and if i threw it to u like a frisbee and u missed, it would knock u out... it weighs alot for its size... when its powered on, it does load, so there ARE loading times, but they arent too long... and the lights in the vids are misleadin... it has 3-4 illumination settings.. the 3rd setting is dim and will EASILY be the settin u use.. the 4th settin is just for show if u ask me, and a sure battery drainer.

as for the buttons, they are not the MPC pads, but they feel good... they feel like velvet on ur fingers... if u ever had a rubber button machine, the menu buttons feel like the korg electribes, the alesis MMT8 or SR16 machines... no clicking sounds... the bender and pitch wheels seem to be in perfect spots... the sounds are great as we already know... as of this time, the ONLY knock i have is the fact that it takes an adapter, instead of a ground plug, BUT.. the adapter is slim like a cell phone charger... very solid machine as far as i can see right now.

im gettin it.. i'll have it by the end of the week.

sorry guys... they got me.

da relic

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yeah... Good luck with that.....

BTW, NI hasn't asked for their replacement unit, yet...

So I'm sitting with two Maschine units. My boy who got connects @ GC is going to try to get it replaced..... And if I get it replaced.....Selling everything for $400.. =)

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
at this point, im still hesitant... nothin can replace what the RS can do, but bein that i lug it everywhere, im lookin for that smaller alternative... ive looked into a Macbook... but, we'll see on friday... i'll check it some more during the rest of this week.. i think they have a trial period at this time.

da relic

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Just out of curiosity, why are you refusing to try Maschine? I mean there's no denying its capabilities, NI's commitment to it's success and all the rave about how good it is?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
@slik da relic

Let us know how it works out. Honestly I support any company that is willing to make products specifically for us. That is one of the reason I am so vocal about Maschine, they built the thing for hip-hop. I do think that Maschine has won this round. But I have to say I am rooting for Beat Thang, at least I hope they can be profitable and be around to do a V2 product. We need more companies building stuff for us. The problem I see with it is that it seems a little gimmicky, and I hope that in a year or two it doesn't seem lame. Anyway, cant wait to get a full report on the thing from you! Enjoy man!

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
thx dp... im stuck on the fence right now.

Just out of curiosity, why are you refusing to try Maschine? I mean there's no denying its capabilities, NI's commitment to it's success and all the rave about how good it is?

well... im not the one for the popular machines.. i try not to get what everyone has.. my studio is different from most people.. a Fusion, the RS, the ER1, the Nord Lead2, and the D16XD.. i sold the MPC 1000, the S950 is in the closet, as well as a few other joints... but for the last 10 yrs, this is the setup ive been rockin, and im still happy with it.. maybe a laptop running protools to replace the D16 in the future.. but thats it, everything else is stayin.

My computer is used for the internet, and thats all ive ever used it for... ive just got this one, paid $400... nice n inexpensive.. the last one was about 10 yrs old as well.. so i dont wanna use my internet computer for music.. another reason is the portability the Beat Thang brings... it doesnt need the computer.. just a pair of headphones...
that will always be the "trump card" for me.. i'll see what happens.

da relic

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
definitely feel ya on that...I've had Maschine for going on 3 months and still haven't taken it out of the box (for the same reasons...what I have now is working so well for me).

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
lol... what??!! its still in tha box?? sounds like u dont wanna stop ur workflow to learn something new... thats too funny right there.. sounds like u were lusting.. thats where im at right now.. am i lusting for it, or do i really need it? i probably dont, but i do go on bus trips and i do go to other friends' houses from time to time.. but it wont sit in the box, thats for sure..lol

da relic

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Thats just it...My workflow is great, and I'm alot like you when it comes to NOT doing what everybody else is doing but I gotta support NI... I used to be a Roland fanatic (while everybody else was on AKAI's bandwagon with the MPC). Then Roland all but abandons their sample production game so I got Maschine. I'm gonna pull it out but not right now. I'm gonna wait until their next update and if it doesn't have some good updates and time stretch. It's gonna be up for sale...lol.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
^ exactly.

My move to Maschine was because I felt limited in what I was able to do with FL Studio. I got tired of just placing my sounds in a particular spot. I needed something that I could play in terms of my drums and be able to connect a keyboard and not worry too much about latency. I tried Reason, but didn't really like it much.

I really went out on a limb to get it. Hearing about the update providing VST support was HUGE for me. I know DP was raving for it...so I just said screw it and bought it... Probably the best thing I've purchased, next to my iMac. The beats for me take a little longer overall with Maschine, than they did with FL Studio. But the quality has vastly improved.

What you do with the RS is awesome. I say if it ain't broke, then don't fix it. I say it's a tough purchase for you because this company doesn't have any type of reputation yet.. So updates/support may not be up to par at this point.

Dac doesn't wanna use his Maschine, because he KNOWS once he starts using it......he's not going to have a life.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
thx dp... im stuck on the fence right now.
well... im not the one for the popular machines..

Yeah..Maschine is getting popular.... But what you do with it is what makes it unique.

I've had people tell me that no way I could make the beats I did on FL Studio and swore that I owned an MPC. Shit...everyone has FL studio....

It's a means to an end.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Beat Thang looks like the mpc and asr x smoked crack together and had this fucking retard called Beatthang....j/k seems cool but i still dont ike beatthang.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
lmao @ the beat thang video on the home page! I think I would cry if I saw somebody walking down the street making beats on beat thang. Slik if nothing else changed your mind, that corney @$$ video should...hahahaha!

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
well.. ive only been impressed with 1 or 2 vids... the sounds and features, the design layout and portability is what drew me in.. the price is my sticking point as of right now... they now are offering a $100 gift card with the machine, and I hear Beat Thang Virtual is in the box.

thx for the compliment Sucio.. im tryin to stay at it again.

da relic

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
hahaha just messing with ya, but that vid was cheesey. If beatthang is what you want, there's nothing better to go with. I guess its a tough decision, then again, if portability is important to you and you dont want to lug around a computer, then it's pretty cut and dry.

members online