Beat Thang sampling by Lady Tha ProducHer

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lug around a computer? Since when is taking a laptop with you inconvenient?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Are you kidding? Since iPad, Galaxy, Xoom, Playbook, Optimus, Viewpad, Vega and so on... Im not trying to start a debate or anything, the decision is ultimately up to the individual but I just bought a HP Aluminum 17.3" Pavilion Entertainment dv7-6195us Laptop a week ago and I couldn't imagine casually taking it around with me. I also have a Motorola Xoom that I keep with me everywhere I go, its a lot more convenient for me.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Shit...I lugged a laptop in a bag for years....I had NO problem... I'm actually looking into getting another laptop because I hate not being mobile when I need to be.

I would LOVE to be mobile.

Hopefully soon the tablets would replace that and I could just use a tablet instead of a laptop...lol.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i agree... the tablets are the future... all beats will be done on them given time.. but as i look more at its features and specs, the Beat Thang plugs up to the computer as well... never really looked at that since i want it to be portable, but im sure it can do alot the Maschine can do as well.. i think at this point its just about learning how to use it, but i cant see why it couldnt be used with the computer.. its not just for tranferring files.. another thing i have to look into.

da relic

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
There are some laptop bags where you could fit a laptop AND a Maschine in it... I know NI has some (a little pricey, though) But there are some other brands not associated with music that you may want to look into.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
SLIK! put your Discover card back in your pocket, this thing is WAAAY too expensive for what I saw, plus it's hardware! In a few more years, there won't be such a thing as "hardware" lol. I could see it if it were made by Yamaha, Roland or AKAI but I can't even figure out who its made by.

EDIT: Here ya go...$99

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phVVT2sP18s

Isn't Saintjoe a member here?

St Joe IS a member here but yall yelled at him disrespected the man and ran him off when he was just talking about some software, so now we arent on his reccommended sites anymore and he doesnt come around...
Yall not meaning you personally just the site.

Which is the same reason I will never go back to warbeats.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Well... that sucks..

No use crying over spilled milk.

I did like his insight on things, especially since he was one of the people who got demos of the newest and coolest (like Maschine).

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
St Joe IS a member here but yall yelled at him disrespected the man and ran him off when he was just talking about some software, so now we arent on his reccommended sites anymore and he doesnt come around...

lmao, everybody has to go through that initiation period here. you know that...it's funny as hell because each one of us has got smashed at some time but those of us who could take it and move on became a member of one of the best communities on the web. It kinda defines our position or whatever...lol. We all have a few people that we don't really care for but thats a part of life and shouldn't be taken too seriously over the internet. saintjoe was cool with me, as for all of my other illmuzik bruhs...ef y'all!...lol

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Saint Joe actually commented in this thread (2nd page, 30th post).. i mean, it was a quik post, but he's still here reading the threads.. im torn between the machine bein successful.. and me bein one of the few to actually own it, if it bombs. im on my way over there to check it again.

da relic

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.

uhhh say whaaaaaa? lol

No one ran me off, and no one yelled at me or disrespected me fam lol

I'm still here and I still comment on posts, not sure where that idea came from ;)

I've been around, I actually check this site daily. I just don't comment for the sake of it, only if I have something useful to add, just how I roll

As for recommended sites, I always go through and change those, I probably took it off when this site was dead, for a few months there wasn't much going on here at all lol.

Well... that sucks..

No use crying over spilled milk.

I did like his insight on things, especially since he was one of the people who got demos of the newest and coolest (like Maschine).

ask away bro, I haven't gone anywhere. Sometimes I miss a few things here because my dang email notifications STILL don't work on this site, but I do try to check it every day so I usually see anything new.

Man...how rumors get started on the net ;)

Trust me fellas, there's really nothing you can say about software or music production that will upset me lol, it's really not that serious.

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
the Beat Thang plugs up to the computer as well... never really looked at that since i want it to be portable, but im sure it can do alot the Maschine can do as well..

No, don't get it thinking this, you will be disappointed fam. It operates and integrates nothing like maschine does. I wish it did, would be hot, and maybe eventually they will update it so that it's more fluid in that aspect.

Last I checked, you can't even drop samples/files onto the hardware via usb, it's mainly used for midi or firmware updates, not file management. (just one of the many things I mentioned to them)

So your big decision will be...do you buy now what could become a very limited (in terms of production quantity) piece of gear that is boutique and hopefully gets some proper support in the OS department to continue to expand/improve it.

Or do you buy it and then deal with the fact that it's not all the way "there" and the updates don't come as frequent if not at all?

I don't know the inner workings, I don't know what their plans are, they have some cheesy marketing at times but could be in the position to revenue wise after the sale of these units to support/improve it and the software version.

I stand by the fact that in my opinion the price is too high, though I do dig the portability factory of it.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
ok... im back.. the new news: im not sure, but i think they were supposed to use a lithium battery.. theyre using Ni Cads instead... lithium is the better choice right? i believe it is.. i'll hafta check the old vids... it does run the machine very well with the battery, but we all know, ALL fresh, and brand new batteries run strong in the beginning, but i played around for bout an hour, and the battery meter stayed at its peak, the lights didnt get brighter when i plugged it back in.. its still kinda unfamiliar to me making a beat, since im used to Yamaha's Motif/RS technique, but i did record a pattern without any hiccups... dont know what else to say about it, and im not even sure that price is gonna stay long.. 1000 units isnt much.. i think theyll try and sell thru these, and then decide to come back with a $999 price for Xmas..

No, don't get it thinking this, you will be disappointed fam. It operates and integrates nothing like maschine does. I wish it did, would be hot, and maybe eventually they will update it so that it's more fluid in that aspect.

i understand what ur sayin St J, that wasnt the reason i was gettin it anyway, but the potential is DEFINITELY there for something.. at the end of the day, it still has the basic 4 things to make a song: drums n percussion sounds, synth sounds, the abilty to sample, and a good sequencer..

i DO think, theyve pissed alot of people off.. some bcuz of their "arrogance" i guess u can say... the others, bcuz of the price.

but.. sorry guys... i hafta post this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX0fIi3H-es"]‪JG Wentworth - Its My Money & I Need It Now Commercial‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

LMAO!!!! :k:

da relic

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
i understand what ur sayin St J, that wasnt the reason i was gettin it anyway, but the potential is DEFINITELY there for something.. at the end of the day, it still has the basic 4 things to make a song: drums n percussion sounds, synth sounds, the abilty to sample, and a good sequencer..

Potential is everywhere lol...you didn't have a chance to try and link the two did you? ;)

..... just making sure that wasn't a deciding factor for you

At the end of the day the best thing to do is go to the store and use it, if you like it, then buy it. Just make sure you try as many different things as you can, everything you will want to do, try it if you can. Then if you like it, buy it. That's all it really comes down to, if you like it or not.

Do you really NEED IT though, or just want it? It seems to me you have already made up your mind, just go and buy the thing. Then if you regret it later its your own fault, lol.
You can always sell it then, and hope someone wants to buy it. Or if its good for you keep it, either way, just go and get the damn thing.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
oh im gonna get it... im just tryin to wait out a deal, or someone that i know come up with something... at this time, i know a female that works in one of the store... im just bein patient.

da relic

LOL

Get that hood discount.... $500 and it's all yours type of shit...lmao...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
i'd wait it off slik, it has yet to be released. I had the same thing with mpc500( i was thinking portability), i bought one a year after being released and dabbled with it for a while and sold it to a friend for the same price again (i got mine cheap). Unless high-end, all this production gear runs the same value course like cars do. Imo, the price tag on beat thang is very wrong for what it does, the last thing i'd spend a 1000 bucks on would definitly not be that.

zeek

ill o.g.
product had potential, but the way the beat kangs acted on some other forums I am not supporting it.

members online