Beat This! - April 22-23, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
Thats how hip hop started and to many purists that all it will ever be, I used to be one of those purists. But hip hop has evolved and we as producers have to evolve with it, or we become irrelevant. Which is fine if you make music for only you and a few purists to listen to, but if you want a decent following of fans then you have to aim for a larger demographic.

Hopefully, we have had the 60's re run in pop with Amy Winehouse a few years ago, we had a small 70's rerun, and now we are in the 80's rerun with synthwave becoming popular, which means the 90's is next, the era of great sampled hip hop, who knows a sampled boom bap revival might be around the corner.
@2GooD Productions I don't disagree if we are talking about the things you mentioned but if we talking about for the love like this site anyone should be able to do what they feel. I'm not using any beat i make for a flip contest here for a project with an artist this is for the love love which is why we all are participating in this. A chance to unlock yourself from all those things you mentioned and just enjoy crafting. Sorry if i didn't clarify but yea i'm for all forms of hip hop music trap included but when i'm just enjoying myself i chop but have original music when I do projects with artist. I'm just saying enjoy it all. These discussion are good to have though.

@2GooD Productions I don't disagree if we are talking about the things you mentioned but if we talking about for the love like this site anyone should be able to do what they feel. I'm not using any beat i make for a flip contest here for a project with an artist this is for the love love which is why i've all are participating in this. A chance to unlock yourself from all those things you mentioned and just enjoy crafting. Sorry if i didn't clarify but yea i'm for all forms of hip hop music trap included but when i'm just enjoying myself i chop but have original music when I do projects with artist. I'm just saying enjoy it all.
My biggest musical philosophy since I came back to making music last year has been trust in my own music and just do me.
I am all about you being comfortable with how you make your music, you do you and be proud of it.
I love boom bap, and have struggled from the time I started making music to be able to try and recreate that feel but with a fully composed song. Its just my own personal journey due to sample clearance costs and how it went nuts in the early 2000's. At the end of the day it doesnt matter how you made it, what matters at the end is it dope right? The journey you took getting there is important to your own growth as an artist, but nobody else really cares about that, just us.

We all have a love for hip hop else we wouldnt be here, I used to hate trap, but now I try to make it. My only point was that times change and if we as artist want to be relevant, then we have to supply what is in demand.

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
My biggest musical philosophy since I came back to making music last year has been trust in my own music and just do me.
I am all about you being comfortable with how you make your music, you do you and be proud of it.
I love boom bap, and have struggled from the time I started making music to be able to try and recreate that feel but with a fully composed song. Its just my own personal journey due to sample clearance costs and how it went nuts in the early 2000's. At the end of the day it doesnt matter how you made it, what matters at the end is it dope right? The journey you took getting there is important to your own growth as an artist, but nobody else really cares about that, just us.

We all have a love for hip hop else we wouldnt be here, I used to hate trap, but now I try to make it. My only point was that times change and if we as artist want to be relevant, then we have to supply what is in demand.
Trust me I understand what you are trying to say bro but define relevant? 9th Wonder and Apollo brown and have successful careers tour the world and very relevant to a large group of people with purist forms just as metro boomin or Zaytoven is for what's cracking now. So yes you should be diverse and grow with the times but do what you love as well.

Trust me I understand what you are trying to say bro but define relevant? 9th Wonder and Apollo brown and have successful careers tour the world and very relevant to a large group of people with purist forms just as metro boomin or Zaytoven is for what's cracking now. So yes you should be diverse and grow with the times but do what you love as well.
by relevant, i mean to the kids that are buying music now.
As artists our relevance is dictated by them, not us. If we dont give them what they want then we wont generate the sales necessary to make a business doing what we love.

There is nothing wrong with making music that you love, if thats why you make music.
Whether kids who will actually spend money on music want it, is another matter all together.
Im speaking from a business point of view.

by relevant, i mean to the kids that are buying music now.
As artists our relevance is dictated by them, not us. If we dont give them what they want then we wont generate the sales necessary to make a business doing what we love.

There is nothing wrong with making music that you love, if thats why you make music.
Whether kids who will actually spend money on music want it, is another matter all together.
Im speaking from a business point of view.
The dark lord has spoken :)

That surprises me, really thought Deez had this in the bag. Just goes to show how subjective these battles are. Congrats @crog85 knew it was going to be a close one that could have gone a few ways.
I didnt even make top 5, last time I ever sacrifice a fucking virgin thats for sure.

@crog85 sick beat! Congratz! I can live with second place didn't think i would endup this high nice! and to all the voters A BIG THANK YOU! and to all the beatmakers/producers in here keep on banging!!! Up to the next battle:up2::biggrin:
I remembered your beat from the showcase, was sort of expecting it to be in this battle hahaha, congrats on the second place

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online