Beat This! - April 22-23, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came up wit something like an hour ago..and its a banger!!! Imagine when you busy dancing more than completing the beat! :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::keys::keys::keys::alien:
I was up all last night working on mine, came up with a good one. Ive got a few days to polish the fuck out of it now. I was going to do a beat sampling "Another Brick in The Wall" by Pink Floyd, but ended up making something original instead.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
I was up all last night working on mine, came up with a good one. Ive got a few days to polish the fuck out of it now. I was going to do a beat sampling "Another Brick in The Wall" by Pink Floyd, but ended up making something original instead.

LMAO!!! I was up ALL NIGHT TOO!! Thats hilarious. I think I have a new calling.. rock. So glad I am an angry old man, it comes through my work :mad:
I could not put my metal guitar VST away.... Searched all night for select kick drums, snares, cymbals, toms, and just the right touch of vocals... Luckily there was a free Bass guitar VST that really pops, something a regular synth could not do. When you hear it you wont believe it, I promise you you will think I stole it from a rock band, just had a lil help from my VST and then edited chords like a mofo all night my kids were like.. wtf is that!? It is done and I want to share it sooooo bad right now... So, with that said, I am out, going to the metal forums... "Dueces" :p

BTW.. @Fade VERY VERY cool you chose this bro, took me somewhere I probably needed to go to expand what I am doing, so thank you man.

LMAO!!! I was up ALL NIGHT TOO!! Thats hilarious. I think I have a new calling.. rock. So glad I am an angry old man, it comes through my work :mad:
I could not put my metal guitar VST away.... Searched all night for select kick drums, snares, cymbals, toms, and just the right touch of vocals... Luckily there was a free Bass guitar VST that really pops, something a regular synth could not do. When you hear it you wont believe it, I promise you you will think I stole it from a rock band, just had a lil help from my VST and then edited chords like a mofo all night my kids were like.. wtf is that!? It is done and I want to share it sooooo bad right now... So, with that said, I am out, going to the metal forums... "Dueces" :p

BTW.. @Fade VERY VERY cool you chose this bro, took me somewhere I probably needed to go to expand what I am doing, so thank you man.
took me a while to get some good guitar patches together, added some amp simulated distortion to make them sound like rock. Ive still got to do a little drum variation and add a pair of toms. I played it about 20 to 30 times before I went to bed and Im still not bored of it, so its passed that test.

There is no better learning experience than being forced out of your comfort zone. Im not even a rock fan.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
took me a while to get some good guitar patches together, added some amp simulated distortion to make them sound like rock. Ive still got to do a little drum variation and add a pair of toms. I played it about 20 to 30 times before I went to bed and Im still not bored of it, so its passed that test.

There is no better learning experience than being forced out of your comfort zone. Im not even a rock fan.
Yeah, listening to mine (for the 400th time) my kids are all struck right now and I am soloing my drums, bass and stuff and could literally just use the drums and bass and it would pass for fire.. I have shocked myself to be totally honest. This is very weird to me.

Yeah, listening to mine (for the 400th time) my kids are all struck right now and I am soloing my drums, bass and stuff and could literally just use the drums and bass and it would pass for fire.. I have shocked myself to be totally honest. This is very weird to me.
I love those moments where you exceed your own expectations, its been happening to me a lot since i came back to music production last year

DMBeats

Battle Points: 1
Hello, everyone it's been a min. but I want to play too. I think I just might have you you need for this.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
z10032490Q Buckethead.jpg

Too dope. Its interesting to see beat makers with rock roots. Hope to hear you at the contest.
I certainly dont have rock roots, only been to one rock concert in my life. System Of A Down.
But Ive actually gone and made a rock track you could really rock out to. Ive impressed myself.
I fucking love getting out the comfort zone.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Dope. Would like to here that. Sometimes I wish I could write my own riffs instead of sampling. Salute brother.
Thanks bro. Why not buy a guitar and start practicing if you feel that way? It's never to late to start learning something new, and it's fairly easy to play stuff that'll sound great in hip hop. Especially when you know how to cut and edit samples. Think the industry would benefit greatly from more people knowing how to play real instruments as well as all the digital stuff.

Thanks bro. Why not buy a guitar and start practicing if you feel that way? It's never to late to start learning something new, and it's fairly easy to play stuff that'll sound great in hip hop. Especially when you know how to cut and edit samples. Think the industry would benefit greatly from more people knowing how to play real instruments as well as all the digital stuff.
Yeah man definitely. I would really love to learn to play drums and guitar. I want a bass guitar, so Im going to have to learn how to play one at some point.

I certainly dont have rock roots, only been to one rock concert in my life. System Of A Down.
But Ive actually gone and made a rock track you could really rock out to. Ive impressed myself.
I fucking love getting out the comfort zone.
Fuck yeah, i like this reply. I felt like I grew as a beatmaker a little just by doing something different. I've heard some really dope rock guitar that I would otherwise not even glance at if it weren't for this challenge.
Can't wait to here your beat, man!! Peace.

Yeah I just may pick a used one this summer.
I'm ready a fan of yacht rock, classic rock, and now buckethead. I think I'm ready to challenge myself. Thx voss!!!

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Too dope. Its interesting to see beat makers with rock roots. Hope to hear you at the contest.
Wouldn't say I have rock roots. It's more like I have all over the place roots. Blues and jazz was the reason why I learned to play the guitar back in the day but I've always been listening and playing many kinds of music. Play a bit of drums and piano as well. Sadly my music is very limited from the fact that all my tracks so far have been made with nothing more than my laptop, a mouse and some headphones. I recently bought an audio interface, so now I just need some monitors, a MIDI keyboard, drum pads and basically everything else and then I can start making some beats without spending 3 hours in piano roll every time. Lol

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Yeah I just may pick a used one this summer.
I'm ready a fan of yacht rock, classic rock, and now buckethead. I think I'm ready to challenge myself. Thx voss!!!
You most definitely should my friend! And you already have a good feel for musik from what I've heard in here, so after a few months you should be able to play something that would be worthy of a nice beat.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Wouldn't say I have rock roots. It's more like I have all over the place roots. Blues and jazz was the reason why I learned to play the guitar back in the day but I've always been listening and playing many kinds of music. Play a bit of drums and piano as well. Sadly my music is very limited from the fact that all my tracks so far have been made with nothing more than my laptop, a mouse and some headphones. I recently bought an audio interface, so now I just need some monitors, a MIDI keyboard, drum pads and basically everything else and then I can start making some beats without spending 3 hours in piano roll every time. Lol

See, I grew up on AD/DC, Metallica, ETC but also grew up on Neulceus, RUN DMC, Sugr Hill, Grand Master Flash, Too Short and NWA, so I am feeling this one and am so pleased Fade lets this out of the box... this will be fricken fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online