Beat This! - April 6-7, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from April 6-7th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on April 6th at 12pm ET/EST, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme).
Voting will be for one day, on April 7th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=bthis

*Note: check out this site to find out the correct time difference for your timezone:

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: 80s Rap
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2022040607.jpg

Last edited:
Nice back to a theme and pretty specific. Themed beats bring out creativity in a different way and out of peoples comfort zones.
80s rap means people will remember classics or for some of the younger generation will need to actually search 80s rap to get the vibe

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Nice back to a theme and pretty specific. Themed beats bring out creativity in a different way and out of peoples comfort zones.
80s rap means people will remember classics or for some of the younger generation will need to actually search 80s rap to get the vibe
Exactly. It will be interesting to hear what everyone comes up with, especially with the different age groups.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
omd I should absolutely destroy this!

I'm not trusting the voting but I'm just gonna make the absolute dopest shit no matter what the outcome.

I made a kind of 80s style EP before. Rather, was working on it. Didn't complete/release it.

I <3 80s.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Got me feelin to sign up under 4 new accounts so I can make 5 beats for it. o_O

Don't even want the points just want to make the beats.

Maybe it can be a beat this. where only I enter. 20 80s beats. People vote which is best :woot:

7 minute song length.

Letssssgoooo

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Got me feelin to sign up under 4 new accounts so I can make 5 beats for it. o_O

Don't even want the points just want to make the beats.

Maybe it can be a beat this. where only I enter. 20 80s beats. People vote which is best :woot:

7 minute song length.

Letssssgoooo
Or make just one super duper fantastical beat!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Yeah but that's why I posted the playlist. But also, that weeds out the weak ones.
ouuu didn't realise Fade posted a playlist. I was tempted to post one.

80's is before my time.
2GooD older than me, but I'm well familiar with 80s stuff.

Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, Herbie Hancock, Afrika Bambaata are what pulled me into Hip-Hop in my early years.

Somehow I got pulled in to Hip Hop from its roots despite growing up wayyy after those records came out.

I'm also a massive fan of funk, disco, 80s stuff... all this stuff just all goes together and all linked.

Love

ouuu didn't realise Fade posted a playlist. I was tempted to post one.

2GooD older than me, but I'm well familiar with 80s stuff.

Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash, Herbie Hancock, Afrika Bambaata are what pulled me into Hip-Hop in my early years.

Somehow I got pulled in to Hip Hop from its roots despite growing up wayyy after those records came out.

I'm also a massive fan of funk, disco, 80s stuff... all this stuff just all goes together and all linked.

Love
I became familiar with it eventually, but it was before my time. Only thing hip hop I was really familiar with back then was Public Enemy being played at the youth club or the breakdance movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online