Beat This! - August 11-12, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there's nothing wrong with using the odd loop or proper sampling. Actually drums loops in house and techno are way more common (iron keys cover your ears).
But if the allegations that a member in here submits a beat to a comp that is assembled from pre-fab kits - drag and drop - that's weak as fuck. Imagine if you won! More fool on everyone I guess but would be a futile and hollow victory. To what, look cool on the Internet? But people don't do that right?

l2iceKooKa

Outta discord, found out lots of folks good with using loops and stems. I dont roll like that. After this beat this, it will be my.last battle here I believe.

Kinda tough to pour your heart into making a melody, a drum line to match it with correct kick and hats, etc. , to compete against a reproduced production copied from another producer. Love yall though.

I dont wanna be the try hard in here with feelings attached because I spent a few days or more when someone can just push a button for a pre made drum line.

My shit sounds like shit cause its all me, I dig using a "Tambourine" sample or loop that is tough to reproduce ( I still do my own though) but not top to bottom, melody down stuff.

I have used loops and shit, especially when I first started as a learning tool, not something I would be calling my own though... not knocking usage.

Anyhow, needed to say what was on my mind for the past few days. Mad love at ya all, but I wanna compete against ground level shit, not a loop... otherwise, may as well let "He whos name shall not be spoken" back in. Am I wrong here? Not tryina be drama, hope peeps know me at least better than that.
i know im new to this......but i get ya.... you knw what man......i never use clips....i heard some of ur beats and its dope dude......if ur actually making beats raw...... thats dope asf....being original in this day in age is key...

Battle Points: 153
@Mahlhavoc the F*ck happened bro?! What did i miss? :O

Perhaps it might comfort ya that i wont be entering this time unfortunatly as i mentioned before. I did spend an hour or two listening to classical pieces but couldnt find any good parts that i felt like chopping :cautious: Really time consuming finding some good stuff trough all the easy going stringy 1800 Stroikoisky stuff :p (whatver his name is lol)

I hope you'll still be entering as i always enjoy ur beats man, as we talked with @Iron Keys before, that shit Thumps big boss. Might not always be industry worthy, but enjoyment to listen to. And thats just as important (imo)

See you next battle amigo (y)

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
Outta discord, found out lots of folks good with using loops and stems. I dont roll like that. After this beat this, it will be my.last battle here I believe.

Kinda tough to pour your heart into making a melody, a drum line to match it with correct kick and hats, etc. , to compete against a reproduced production copied from another producer. Love yall though.

I dont wanna be the try hard in here with feelings attached because I spent a few days or more when someone can just push a button for a pre made drum line.

My shit sounds like shit cause its all me, I dig using a "Tambourine" sample or loop that is tough to reproduce ( I still do my own though) but not top to bottom, melody down stuff.

I have used loops and shit, especially when I first started as a learning tool, not something I would be calling my own though... not knocking usage.

Anyhow, needed to say what was on my mind for the past few days. Mad love at ya all, but I wanna compete against ground level shit, not a loop... otherwise, may as well let "He whos name shall not be spoken" back in. Am I wrong here? Not tryina be drama, hope peeps know me at least better than that.
You think using loops is bad? Wait until a lot people start really using AI like the Orb suite to make music in a matter of a few minutes. Sorry to say, things are probably going to get much faster until humans just tell a machine what type of beat to make and it spits it out for them.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
You think using loops is bad? Wait until a lot people start really using AI like the Orb suite to make music in a matter of a few minutes. Sorry to say, things are probably going to get much faster until humans just tell a machine what type of beat to make and it spits it out for them.
"Hey Siri, tell Orb to make that same one trap type beat"

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
True. It's like how they have audio to text now, so instead of typing an article, I can just talk. I haven't tried it yet but I should. It would be fun I guess.
Btw I'm not gay I just enjoy the company of other dudes naked in a sauna.
LOL. It's fun making people uncomfortable.
I think i missed this one... when will be the next "beat this" available?
You can check the Beat Battles page at the bottom. It shows the ones coming up.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
I see you made it to the meet and greet at one of Fade's exclusive parties.
Best. Night. Ever.
I even got this video of @Armani kicking it on the dancefloor
Dance Party Reaction GIF

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
That is actually part of what I am talking about, using Orb or Arcade. Press a button and out comes a drum line, press another for a melody, press another for.. You get the point...

Fire beats in here bois!

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
some epics in there! anyone else agree that it's a bit tricky mixing classical samples?
there were 4 or 5 that stood above the rest but then only 1 or 2 i'd consider playing back again lol
alot of trap this time eh?
@Vossi Beats - i wouldn't mess with @Armani - he's been smashin the gym
View attachment 5983
I agree, it is not an easy thing to do, especially choosing the right samples.
And thanks for the love you are appreciated my guy!
Man @Armani been hitting the gym lately lol, ladies watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.