Beat This! - August 11-12, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
I had 2 of em lol, good shit, grats on weiners!

hotdog GIF

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@abb : I like the beat and mix but I just think when you have the fast kicks it just makes the beat sound more Dance than Hip Hop. Almost like that Mortal Kombat theme.

@Andante : Clean mix, nice and clear. Beat is a head nodder, I just wasn't crazy about that end part of your loop with the lower note music.

@crog85 : Good beat overall but for me it was the levels in your mix. Other than that it was solid.

@Face Valid : I like this one but the horns just got a little too repetitive for my liking.

@Fury Beats : This is another one where the mix would make the beat pop, especially if you use that Disco sample more.

@HTwenty : This was some good Classical samples but I wanted to hear it more and louder in the mix.

@Iron Keys : I like the slow pace of this one instead of a traditional faster tempo, which is hard to do with Classical music. Good mix. I like that subtle vocal snippet.

@Jamal : I like this for the fact that you straight up went completely Classical! But it would have been nicer as a full beat.

@l2iceKooKa : Kick was too punchy for me, but I really like the drum track and how subtle the piano is. Very chill beat.

@MaddSoundz : The drums sound good but I just feel that the music was not matched up right with it. But it was dope to hear that tempo change-up!

@Mahlhavoc : Dope drums. Nice reverb on the snare. The only thing I didn't like is the music was too low in the mix.

@Moselly : This one too should have the music louder in the mix. Why did you put it panned left? That's too bad. It would have popped more down the middle. Good chops though.

@nottr : I really enjoyed this one. Everything was on point - BUT that saw bass thing. That threw me off. I love saw bass but it never works well with my beats!

@robin_92tt : I like how you blended the Classical music into an Indian vibe but for me I just feel like there's too much going on. It could be the percussion down the middle being a bit too busy.

@RUCCER_TIME : I like what you have here. I just wish you add some variation to it because it sounds like a good starting point. Maybe a few other sounds on top and some hats throughout and you're good to go.

@skidflow : I love the dirtiness of the drums. The melody fits well, I just feel something's missing to make it stand out a bit more.

@Stona Persona : I like the chops on this one and that you have some variation. Drums on point. The only thing is the sound of the mix. It sounds hollow. What are you using?

@Vossi Beats : I like the music and drums but it feels like the drums are just chilling there instead of being upfront with a smack.

@xoxo_daisy__ : Like before - I think you have something good but the mix needs to kick ass!

@YannFer : This one is on point. Lively mix. Nice warp effect. Drums are dope, melody is nice. I just wanted to hear a bit more variation.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
i acually voted @Vossi Beats no shit, enjoyed the siimplicity of it-felt like the only one a rapper would throw down on(obviously not the point) but tickled my pink that one ;)
@Andante listening back on my senny headphones now i see this is f&^king incredible well played.
As for mine, i literally drowned it in low pass filter,,,and the bass,,,id have gotten there with a bit more time... more feedback to follow ;)

lol @Iron Keys you went trap and near won the f*&ker - great work

what i wrote at the time went like this

@Andante nice vibe and switch ups-nicely punctuated by the pizzicatto but a little too slow an attack on the strings? exceptional ;)

@YannFer really enjoyed-i said; crazy, lots of pitching but kisses that drum break perfectly

@Face Valid

honestly this is the order i recorded my own data in, massive coincidence

@Face Valid 'nice string hits-some sort of siren, get rid.... bit repetitive after a bit; switch up disatisfying ;)

@Vossi Beats well done, nice chops - loved the rhym of the beat

@Moselly Voted for u man! said this ... 'very effective chops-works vey well and voted

@RUCCER_TIME i see u man! tidy work i love it-barely worthy of the competition request;could be one of the shortcutters u never know

@Vossi Beats apologies, looks like i didnt vote for u after all-so easily confused whilst shitfaced
Thanks to @Fade for putting it on cheers

HTwenty

Battle Points: 1
. I snatched samples from this link.
All the tracks were dope. Just getting started, so I welcome all feedback. Thanks for the feedback Which DAWS are you guys using?

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Thanks for the votes, really appreciate it!

There were a lot of dope entries. Really curious what song you guys picked to sample.

I'll try to write some feedback tomorrow.

Here's the song of the sample I used:

Congrats @Andante for the win.

I'll also give more feedback tomorrow.

As for the sample I use, it's this one (mostly the bits about 4 and 14 minutes in) :

Last edited:
Reactions: TWU
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online