Beat This! - August 26-27, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Battle Points: 135
I've listen to all of them and not one of them bounced out to me like, THATS EDM!

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
Yeah I forgot to carry the 1.

Congrats to @Primz !

@Silentz I loved that beat but it was just the vocals that need to be louder and snare a bit quieter. Other than that it was dope!
Thanks alot. Like I said in the chat the other night I cut this one close. It didn't start coming together until late the day before the battle so I wish i had time to do a little more.

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Battle Points: 135
Great win @Primz. Interesting lyrics/ vibe

My thoughts....."little bit of hatin here on my end", bare with me..
I think that these votes show that, either:
1. The listening audience doesn't know what to listen for.
2. They would prefer a song where you can't understand the lyrics.
3. They prefer janky lyrics, lyrics about hate, crime, drugs, money, sex, booties, etc.
or there are multiple account users voting.

In my opinion: The combination of people in the contest voting, and the fact the listener doesn't know what they are actually hearing, as far as producing mixing and mastering, will create a plateau effect on illmusik. Unless this has already happened. I'm rather new to it. If the point is the help evolve hip hop it never will with these conditions.
Solution: Only have the people not competing vote. (if there aren't enough people to vote then lets incentivize the people not competing with voting points, stack up enough voting points and win a free plugin or something)

***If we say a beat is okay when its not, it won't help the producer or this community of beat makers. If I didn't feel my song was the best beat/song I wouldn't be saying this. CHEERS!

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
T

Thanx bro, honestly i got lucky finding nice Vocals lol
I hear you. I went through about 10 acapeplas before I thought Common would sound good on my beat and I had to chop the shit out of it because the chorus didn't really fit. I wish i had more time to add some kind of chorus.

Status
Not open for further replies.