Beat This! - December 15-16, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Thanks for the win, appreciate it. Please feel free to give some feedback!

@Mahlhavoc Beat is dope! Bass line is not exactly in tune with the sampled song, but still fits. Proper mix.
@C5ICK Nice drums! I like the mood of it, although it's a little 'dark' for a Christmas theme. The sample you used could be a little more upfront in the mix, and maybe cut some of the lows to give room for the bass line to breathe.
@InnerThug Hehe at first I thought you sampled "Tones and I - Dance Monkey"... TBH I'm not a big fan of the trance synth. It messes with the vibe of the rest of the instruments.
@Armani Nice West Coast kind of vibe, really like the intro. Nice harmony between instruments. Drums might need some punch or side-chaining and overall the beat sounds a little 'mechanic'.

I will finish tomorrow, time to catch some sleep...

InnerThug

prod. by InnerThug
Battle Points: 170
@InnerThug having heard some of your stuff on the showcase, this really isnt your best work. Seems a little generic to me, maybe you rushed it for the battle or something?
yea i wanted to be in the battle ha plus ive been looking for an excuse to use that segment from south park in a beat so i was just like fuck it if nothing else if might draw a few laughs lol

C5ICK

Battle Points: 10
Thanks to everyone who voted n participated, congrats to all who placed, I couldn't get there in time to vote but uhhh...

my favorite beats were @xoxo_daisy__ 's, pretty much had the same approach as I had. then it'd be @C5ICK , it had direction and everything. @crog85 had it together, I like how @Memento Beats went for that kanye vibe and actually had christmass vibes rather than some sleighs on a gangsta beat :ROFLMAO: cuz that's what my pussy ass did.

this @Mahlhavoc mf is catchin up..
Thanks for the win, appreciate it. Please feel free to give some feedback!

@Mahlhavoc Beat is dope! Bass line is not exactly in tune with the sampled song, but still fits. Proper mix.
@C5ICK Nice drums! I like the mood of it, although it's a little 'dark' for a Christmas theme. The sample you used could be a little more upfront in the mix, and maybe cut some of the lows to give room for the bass line to breathe.
@InnerThug Hehe at first I thought you sampled "Tones and I - Dance Monkey"... TBH I'm not a big fan of the trance synth. It messes with the vibe of the rest of the instruments.
@Armani Nice West Coast kind of vibe, really like the intro. Nice harmony between instruments. Drums might need some punch or side-chaining and overall the beat sounds a little 'mechanic'.

I will finish tomorrow, time to catch some sleep...
Great feedback. Thank you!!

C5ICK

Battle Points: 10
Thanks to everyone who voted n participated, congrats to all who placed, I couldn't get there in time to vote but uhhh...

my favorite beats were @xoxo_daisy__ 's, pretty much had the same approach as I had. then it'd be @C5ICK , it had direction and everything. @crog85 had it together, I like how @Memento Beats went for that kanye vibe and actually had christmass vibes rather than some sleighs on a gangsta beat :ROFLMAO: cuz that's what my pussy ass did.

this @Mahlhavoc mf is catchin up...
thank you! Glad I found this. Looking forward to entering more of these battles.

this @Mahlhavoc mf is catchin up...
Exactly, I don't know how Gangsta Claus has Christmas vibe to be honest except sleigh bells lol But it's surely a well done beat. :)

@2GooD Productions I know but when it comes to sampling I have contrary approach to you :p I like this kind of beats. I knew that the fact that I put about 44 seconds of the original here could have done more harm than good but I wanted to introduce the listener to that festive vibe presenting the sample that I used and then start with a beat. Also I had a lot of fun while making this beat. :D

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
once again i forget to submit hahahaha and i had a banger
ok GIF by Shock Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online