Beat This! - December 15-16, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
One of yall forgot the sleigh bells.... WE HAVE RULES FOR A REASON!
200.gif

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
There's 2 beats in there that if combined sounded like what I was going to do.

A few really good beats in there. But I'll begrudgingly be harsh on 'what sounds Christmassy' as I'm feeling peppery about that from last year. :woot:

Vote casted. Messy illmas!!!

Battle Points: 99
This Christmas beat competition is very good all the tracks R banging. But the sonics on some of the music it’s very impressive. These are some million dollar beats, for real. What are you guys using to master your tracks because that’s the area where I need to grow it and I need all the help I can get? Thank you merry Christmas #keep pressing

Congrats @Andante had my head nodding hard like a lunatic, same with @Armani two very professional sounding beats. Great work.

@Mahlhavoc this is a really sick flip, really dope beat I just hate the fucking tune you sampled.
@C5ICK This was my number 3 but there really isnt so much to it and the mix could be much better. That said, it stuck to the rules and it just vibes with me.
@InnerThug having heard some of your stuff on the showcase, this really isnt your best work. Seems a little generic to me, maybe you rushed it for the battle or something?
@crog85 same sample i would have used tbh, I felt some of the timing on the sample could have been a bit tighter, would have liked a little something over the part where its just the sample playing. Ive heard much better from you.
@Memento Beats half of the beat turned out to be the original, and ive never been a fan of these types of vocal chop beats. You are better than this mayne.
@thebeatscook not feeling this one tbh, has nothing to do with christmas. No sleigh bells, needs more sleigh bells, its in the rules for the battle.
@xoxo_daisy__ I like this, on some west coast funk tip. Really nicely done. Id make the snare a bit louder personally.

Last edited:
Congrats @Andante had my head nodding hard like a lunatic, same with @Armani two very professional sounding beats. Great work.

@Mahlhavoc this is a really sick flip, really dope beat I just hate the fucking tune you sampled.
Yup, @Armani was also great but I don't know what Allah is going to do with him for taking part in such contest for infidels :p

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 835
would have liked a little something over the part where its just the sample playing. Ive heard much better from you.
Yea, me too… that sample was a lil trickier to work with than anticipated… struggled to get the 808 in key, not to mention anything to go on top on the sample (sample changes key up a half step each verse, didnt figure that out until signups opened)… bpm was a lil out of my comfort zone too

Yea, me too… that sample was a lil trickier to work with than anticipated… struggled to get the 808 in key, not to mention anything to go on top on the sample (sample changes key up a half step each verse, didnt figure that out until signups opened)… bpm was a lil out of my comfort zone too
for a concept, the idea is very good, just needs a bit more work and it will surely be a banger.

Thanks to everyone who voted n participated, congrats to all who placed, I couldn't get there in time to vote but uhhh...

my favorite beats were @xoxo_daisy__ 's, pretty much had the same approach as I had. then it'd be @C5ICK , it had direction and everything. @crog85 had it together, I like how @Memento Beats went for that kanye vibe and actually had christmass vibes rather than some sleighs on a gangsta beat :ROFLMAO: cuz that's what my pussy ass did.

this @Mahlhavoc mf is catchin up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online