Beat This! - December 29-30, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
what advantage does it give? what does it matter if somebody is creative enough to put a hook together from vocal snippets?
Being good at making beats is what gives the advantage. Bring the right beat on the right day and anybody can win. Too many people take fun seriously.
People need to stop telling other people how to make music and just let them make music.
Having a good ear for samples gives an advantage, being able to compose gives an advantage, being able to mix gives an advantage, being able to structure a beat gives an advantage, there are lots of things that give an advantage. So what?
Making a beat using chopped vocals is a skill in itself.
All the complaining about vocals is bollocks. A fuss over nothing that limits producers that like to make beats that way. Squeezing people through pigeonholes, so they fit nicely into a box. Making music is complicated enough, without making it worse.
Totally agree with this.

So you'd both have no issue if someone kept winning with acapellas on their beats whilst no one else had one on top or?

@Andante @2GooD Productions ?

'cause the thing is vocals make shit beats sound like 5 times better. with absolutely nothign to do with any kind of talent/skill/creativity.
and that is the difference, nobody is talking about throwing a pella on a beat. That would be a remix not a beat.

Ive been up all night, really struggling to stay up for another hour to get my beat uploaded. Time for coffee I think

My beat was inspired by "The Best Producer Of All Time" guy. I had a listen to his stuff and thought what would I do to beat him, and made this fucking amateur beat.

Last edited:
i perfer beats without vocal chop better because the listener focuses on the beat and not the vocal chops but vocal chops are dope asf but some ppl make every beat with vocal chops and it gets old
Some people imitate their favourite producer for their whole lives, they never find their own sound, or the sound of anyone else, their whole lifes goal is to sound as much as possible like their idol, forever lol

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
I didnt read everything. .. not really caring about it, just want to remind 2good he excused a beat of mine that had vocal chops in it.

That is all.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't get whats hard about it you got a beat and you're questioning whether or not it has a vocal in it just save it for the next competition like why do we keep having this discussion just dont use anything that is made using a voice this round
Exactly. If the rules say this or that, then make your beat accordingly. That's it.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
and that is the difference, nobody is talking about throwing a pella on a beat.
yeah but this problem came up when someone had like a whole melodic vocal part for 8 bars straight.

it essentially functions very similar as an acapella.

so this then raises the issue when compared to sampled records which sample vocal parts.

Hence why Fade added the 'vocals on hook' aspect.

But anyway... to the beats!!!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Fade is mayonaise an instrument?
Frustrated The Sopranos GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.