Not open for further replies.
I think
@Andante
@Mahlhavoc
@Cyents
@Primz
@Space_Alexander
are missing out also

Which kinda supports what I said about 10 of these sounding like they could place.
Thanks bro! Every "Beat this!" I've entered you said you think I should have placed. I may never place but imo that's a great consolation prize!
Sad Sterling K Brown GIF by This Is Us

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Thanks bro! Every "Beat this!" I've entered you said you think I should have placed. I may never place but imo that's a great consolation prize!
Sad Sterling K Brown GIF by This Is Us

Man, that's interesting for sure.

There was another user, KOOLDJ something, everytime without fail I thought his beat was one of the best.

If your music keeps catching one individual like that, then you're doing something incredibly right --- and it's probably better than 'placing'; it means that out there are probably loads of people who your music is going to 'catch'. Which is what you want.

Well done all, great beats in there, I had to change my vote a few times before decision. My game plan is to continue to learn and practice (especially mix/master) and vastly improve. Might have to eventually utilise a DAW after exporting from MPC and use speakers not just headphones.
My effort was laughable up against you all but I had a go. Appreciate all your help here at ILLmuzik. Finally got 2 days off work tomorrow and no kids, just me and the MPC!

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@GuttaTennekey Congrats on the dubya! Sounds like a Halloween beat.
@Armani very well mixed, nice drums, really good beat and atmosphere.
@nottr just awesome sounds man, the sax... just nice. Not my type of a beat, not into that old school stuff but was most def on point with it. Great mix bro.
@2GooD Productions knew yours off the bat with the kick/snare selection alone. Nice choirs, where did ya get that if you dont mind me asking?
@Andante another nice beat, very clean and nice sounds used... really typical of your nice work.
@Cyents Another Halloween type beat, good mix and drums, well made.
@InnerThug dont tell anyone I said this, but nice beat... clean mix love the drops around the 1:20, the drums are really nice and its kinda sad that I bet not many besides me caught the drums alone (emd type beat and all) good synth work too.
@Iron Keys very nice beat, got that dirty vibe... just so laid back and that piano just works for me. (got my vote even though I didnt know you was in this at first fwiw)
@Primz dug your shit... I obviously had a simular idea just a lil further east lol
@Space_Alexander nice beat.. cool vibes and really nice mix.

I know I didnt get to everyone, but too bad, I have a life too!

My top 5 were
Iron, Andante, Space, innerthug, Primz

InnerThug

prod. by InnerThug
Battle Points: 170
@Mahlhavoc I won’t quote you Cuz I don’t want to tell anybody what you said but I’ve kind of decided to stop really worrying about what most people on the site consider EDM because who cares I’m a make hip-hop beats Based on what I feel like hip-hop is and That are just generally dope I appreciate the love and I promise I won’t tell anyone

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online