Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Bruhhhh
2nd 3 weeks b2b2b!!!

What I gotta do for that dub?!?!

This was quite a funny surprise for me. Didn't expect to place in this one, happily so; not 'cause I didn't think good enough, but there's a lot of delish out there.

Man, so it ain't the Snoopapellas getting me that spot! Ha

1. @Iron Keys - loved the g funk vibes and well arranged and mixed
2. @nottr - really cool and different - great use of rhythm, really close to voting for this
3. @xoxo_daisy__ - not really hip hop but really like it its own right. In fact, I really like all your tracks! They have a retro Amiga vibe.
4. @Flare - again not really hip hop but love the music and vibes
5. @Delta_Nine - nice boom bap needs to have Nas on it!

Moselly

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 32
@nottr Congrats! Your beat is FIRE! :fire:
Great Job Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
how's life in denmark? Where abouts are you situated? aye they can surprise you sometimes. I bought a load them when i was living down in london and started chomping them on my way back to my flat, somewhere along the way on the tube i started to trip balls! I remember trying to keep it cool so noone would realise i was totally fucked :)
First of congrats on the win. The right beat won this time!
And I'm sure everyone was aware that you were fucked, it's not easy to hide a mushroom trip.
Life in Denmark is what you would expect. A lot of blonde people who talk funny and are willing to pay 50% income tax...
I'm not living anywhere worth mentioning these days. Just a small town trying to act like it's a city...
Which part of Ireland are you in?

First of congrats on the win. The right beat won this time!
And I'm sure everyone was aware that you were fucked, it's not easy to hide a mushroom trip.
Life in Denmark is what you would expect. A lot of blonde people who talk funny and are willing to pay 50% income tax...
I'm not living anywhere worth mentioning these days. Just a small town trying to act like it's a city...
Which part of Ireland are you in?
i'm from the west of northern ireland; but i live in Manchetser in England-there used to be a really good music scene here, i'm sure it'll pick up again at some point. there's a famous homeless Irish guy in Copenhagen https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazine-28657574

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
i'm from the west of northern ireland; but i live in Manchetser in England-there used to be a really good music scene here, i'm sure it'll pick up again at some point. there's a famous homeless Irish guy in Copenhagen https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazine-28657574
Cool. Didn't know about the homeless Irishman, but we have 2 Irish brothers not far from where i live that each have a pub a couple of blocks away from each other. They had a quarreling years ago and haven't talked together since.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
beatthis notes notheme feb2021.PNG

IRON KEYS top 5
1 @nottr - (beat 19) it was a reaaal tough call, and congrats on the W!!! I originally hit vote on Sire's but switched it to yours.
2 @ThE_SiRe_BeAtS (beat 11) yours was my original choice, from phone, and when I heard on monitors. Dope man. DJ Premier vibes.
3 @seanm.music (beat 27) could proper imagine Pharrell singing over the top of this, that smooth shit. Real nice... that bass sample or played?
4 @Crispifier (beat 20) well done on placing, my brother! makes sense why I heard this before now! Real beautiful beat, bro. Sample?! or
5 @Armani (beat 8) nice beat, young bro! Proper loved the vibe. Reminded me of one Mobb Deep beat.

@Pappas Beats and @xoxo_daisy__ know you guys too well! Dope beats

Dope beats throughout the comp.

:guillotine: :fire: :micdrop:

seanm.music

Battle Points: 3
View attachment 5842

IRON KEYS top 5
1 @nottr - (beat 19) it was a reaaal tough call, and congrats on the W!!! I originally hit vote on Sire's but switched it to yours.
2 @ThE_SiRe_BeAtS (beat 11) yours was my original choice, from phone, and when I heard on monitors. Dope man. DJ Premier vibes.
3 @seanm.music (beat 27) could proper imagine Pharrell singing over the top of this, that smooth shit. Real nice... that bass sample or played?
4 @Crispifier (beat 20) well done on placing, my brother! makes sense why I heard this before now! Real beautiful beat, bro. Sample?! or
5 @Armani (beat 8) nice beat, young bro! Proper loved the vibe. Reminded me of one Mobb Deep beat.

@Pappas Beats and @xoxo_daisy__ know you guys too well! Dope beats

Dope beats throughout the comp.

:guillotine: :fire: :micdrop:
Thanks @Iron Keys . Bass is a Native Instruments Scarbee P-Bass. Played it on keys.
Agreed. Dope beats all round keen for the next one.

MY TOP FIVE
@seanm.music just good music
@Drago Zetić my type of shit, simple but dope. Westsidegunn would sound nice on this
@Iron Keys really dope, not to take away from nottr, but you could've won this imo
@Face Valid I like the drums on this one
@nottr congrats, didnt vote for you, but I really like this beat. Dope work.

NOTABLE MENTIONS
I really like the vibe of @Pappas Beats , got that (RIP) dj screw type of vocals. I used to listen to a lot of southern hiphop growing up, u took it back. Ty.
@BadHabits dont know why but 50 cent came to mind when This beat first played, really like the bassline, did you low pass that bassline?
@xoxo_daisy__ somebody said they just love the music make. I have to agree with that. You got heat.
@Silentz yo this is dope, I just feel the drum break could be a little louder. Idk exciter or compression might do the trick, other than that I love the vision.
@ThE_SiRe_BeAtS , ten yr old beat, haha good work fam

@Fade @2GooD Productions ty for all u do. Really enjoy these battles. Peace!

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
Mix, base progression was a sample i messed with, and ambient vocals were obviously sampled... dunno i usually make most of my stuff from scratch but starting with a sample and building around it seems to work quite well too, i¨d like to get better at sampling/chopping but have mixed feelings about it :)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Mix, base progression was a sample i messed with, and ambient vocals were obviously sampled... dunno i usually make most of my stuff from scratch but starting with a sample and building around it seems to work quite well too, i¨d like to get better at sampling/chopping but have mixed feelings about it :)

I think the reason I kinda recognised thebeat is 'cause I think we spoke about it in discord DM's once?! haha. That eastern sound/melody a sample or you played that?!?

Yeah, I feel you. I'm trying to get into it to... working on a mad one right now. But I also look at it this way - if can't get into it, oh well, least wont have to deal with sample clearance and copyright situations! :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online