Beat This! - February 24-25, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my vote, one track really stood out for me, I dont usually vote for the competition, but fuck it, it was worth a vote. Heard about 3 or four that stood out but it was the one that really got me. Hopefully I can place in this one, but I dont hold out too much hope when up against so many beats. Good luck.

Yeah they grow here in Denmark as well. Very potent. I once ate somewhere around 25-30g of them that my mate had picked, because i didn't think they would work. That was an interesting 14 hours.
how's life in denmark? Where abouts are you situated? aye they can surprise you sometimes. I bought a load them when i was living down in london and started chomping them on my way back to my flat, somewhere along the way on the tube i started to trip balls! I remember trying to keep it cool so noone would realise i was totally fucked :)

Just got my vote, one track really stood out for me, I dont usually vote for the competition, but fuck it, it was worth a vote. Heard about 3 or four that stood out but it was the one that really got me. Hopefully I can place in this one, but I dont hold out too much hope when up against so many beats. Good luck.
yeah there are alot of beats-mightve recruited someone today in work as well-keep em comin. the trap-ishbeats are completely wasted on me though-they all sound so similar but i guess that's what all the old assholes say about any genre that's come after their heyday.
a top 10 definitely sounds like an appealing alternative, and maybe giving people 2 or 3 votes instead of 1...

1-very tight;could've dropped the distorsion sweep when the beat dropped;like the cinematic vibe. Melody was good; would've been nice to hear you switch up the rhythm a bit with the flute and later with the pizzicato.(2GOOD)

2-Drippin' in swagger juice-nice sound, didn't really grasp my attention though(Iron Keys)

3-industrial vibes;almost a bit too much going on(Official anarchy)

4-the main keys got a little repetitive but i enjoyed the 808s and the pitch switches on the snares etc(44BEATZ)

5-portishead vibes-really enjoyed the double bass and the beat. excellent work.(DRAGO)

6-nice sample-beat goes a little off time sometimes and thought the variation on the latter part was a bit too simple(Moselly)

7-nice samples again-thought the drums could've spanked a lot more. Nice sped up vocal. Really liked the vibe though, excellent work ;).(Silentz)

8-Oh you fiend :) Loved the guitar, and appreciated the orchestral strings addition. Pissed off the drum beat wasn't tearing holes in my temples but this was still a pleasure to listen to.(ARMANI)

9-the beat seemed a little to tight in terms of the quantize. was a nice listen but didn't grasp me as much as t'others. nice synthesisers mind and liked the drop in the middle.(XOXO_DAISY)

10-lovely range on the frequencies-technically really tight. lovely glitchy switch ups.

11-nice work on the break-but the piano was a little linear. The synths were pleasant. Nice effort overall.(SIRE BEATS)

12-Nice vibe but i didn't really feel the pitch bends on the keys. The velocity on the hi hats could've been altered a bit more to give a little more depth.(VOSSI)

13-nice beat-enjoyed the bass.(PRIMZ)

14-lots of cowbell and vocoder, some may argue it's overpowering... jesus they might be right. Prince would love it.(THANGMAN)

15-lovely stuff! got the frequencies right for my head to nod along. feels a little repetitive after a bit but still enjoyed-excellent work!(GUTTTENNEKY)

16-technically nice work but not my cup of tea-pitching little bits of vocal up and down never really sounded that good to me, but the beat is on point nonetheless nice work.(Hypermanbeatz)

17-not my cup of tea. but still, technically good work :)

18-rich landscape of sound that just didn't really grip me that much. like all previous comments i've made on here i've nothing particularly constructive to say sorry.

19-steaming pile of shite....mine

20-nice rhythm to the beat, good work on the break. pleasant on the ear canals. good work.

21-is the distorsion intentional? if so i'd get rid of it... otherwise i'd make it a little less loud cus it's actually really nice work otherwise. the airy synth backdrop sounded legit. great stuff.

22-yeahhh getting nice n experimental again-the piano bores me but i liked the bass and the beat and the reverse whatever that is over the top.(EXIOT)

23-nice samples.sounds like something i'd have made-can see Freddy Gibbs droppin' a fat one on here. Nice work.(BADHABITS)

24-nice lo fi beat-well punctuated by the piano-bass is nice when it comes in to; not as good as the others i earmakred as excellent but i think should be up there somewhere. Well mastered.(FaceValid)

25-really nice work on the synths etc-pleasant again on the tympanic membranes-wanted the bass around a minute 10 to feature a little more and be a bit fatter. but nice work overall.

26-nearly there thank fuck(in terms of only 2 left)-really enjoyed it actually-jazzy swing to the sinister sounding keys. what else can i say...still can't get number 8 out of my head. but this was tight well done. should be up there in my oppinion.(ANDANTE)

27-lovely bass guitar!well produced overall-the strings @55 seconds and rhodes sucked me down into the abyss. Maybe not hip hop enough. very nice all the same.(seanm.music)

Great work all around-well done everyone-i'll try to put this up when your names are on beside it...

Good luck!

I got most of your names on there i think, might've made a mistake here and there.

Thanks for the votes-pretty surprised in honesty but a very happy boy indeed.

Last edited:
1-very tight;could've dropped the distorsion sweep when the beat dropped;like the cinematic vibe. Melody was good; would've been nice to hear you switch up the rhythm a bit with the flute and later with the pizzicato.

2-Drippin' in swagger juice-nice sound, didn't really grasp my attention though

3-industrial vibes;almost a bit too much going on

4-the main keys got a little repetitive but i enjoyed the 808s and the pitch switches on the snares etc

5-portishead vibes-really enjoyed the double bass and the beat. excellent work.

6-nice sample-beat goes a little off time sometimes and thought the variation on the latter part was a bit too simple

7-nice samples again-thought the drums could've spanked a lot more. Nice sped up vocal. Really liked the vibe though, excellent work ;).

8-Oh you fiend :) Loved the guitar, and appreciated the orchestral strings addition. Pissed off the drum beat wasn't tearing holes in my temples but this was still a pleasure to listen to.

9-the beat seemed a little to tight in terms of the quantize. was a nice listen but didn't grasp me as much as t'others. nice synthesisers mind and liked the drop in the middle.

10-lovely range on the frequencies-technically really tight. lovely glitchy switch ups.

11-nice work on the break-but the piano was a little linear. The synths were pleasant. Nice effort overall.

12-Nice vibe but i didn't really feel the pitch bends on the keys. The velocity on the hi hats could've been altered a bit more to give a little more depth.

13-nice beat-enjoyed the bass. some of the sounds used seemed a little too familiar though.

14-lots of cowbell and vocoder, some may argue it's overpowering... jesus they might be right. Prince would love it.

15-lovely stuff! got the frequencies right for my head to nod along. feels a little repetitive after a bit but still enjoyed-excellent work!

16-technically nice work but not my cup of tea-pitching little bits of vocal up and down never really sounded that good to me, but the beat is on point nonetheless nice work.

17-not my cup of tea. but still, technically good work :)

18-rich landscape of sound that just didn't really grip me that much. like all previous comments i've made on here i've nothing particularly constructive to say sorry.

19-steaming pile of shite....mine

20-nice rhythm to the beat, good work on the break. pleasant on the ear canals. good work.

21-is the distorsion intentional? if so i'd get rid of it... otherwise i'd make it a little less loud cus it's actually really nice work otherwise. the airy synth backdrop sounded legit. great stuff.

22-yeahhh getting nice n experimental again-the piano bores me but i liked the bass and the beat and the reverse whatever that is over the top.

23-nice samples.sounds like something i'd have made-can see Freddy Gibbs droppin' a fat one on here. Nice work.

24-nice lo fi beat-well punctuated by the piano-bass is nice when it comes in to; not as good as the others i earmakred as excellent but i think should be up there somewhere. Well mastered.

25-really nice work on the synths etc-pleasant again on the tympanic membranes-wanted the bass around a minute 10 to feature a little more and be a bit fatter. but nice work overall.

26-nearly there thank fuck(in terms of only 2 left)-really enjoyed it actually-jazzy swing to the sinister sounding keys. what else can i say...still can't get number 8 out of my head. but this was tight well done. should be up there in my oppinion.

27-lovely bass guitar!well produced overall-the strings @55 seconds and rhodes sucked me down into the abyss. Maybe not hip hop enough. very nice all the same.

Great work all around-well done everyone-i'll try to put this up when your names are on beside it...

Good luck!
Says the winner hahahahaha

Voted for @Armani - i feel like i should clean my ears out and go back to the GUM clinic for more swabs lol!
Close to voting for @Silentz @GuttaTennekey and @Drago Zetić

@Face Valid sober actually, would you believe it

thanks again everyone, i karate kicked the air and shouted 'get the fuck in'-surprised myself

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online