Beat This! - February 9-10, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Called it! GJ Iron, you ever whine about "My mix this" or "I aint no good" that I will have to send some of my boys down to "visit" you.

trunk bloodline season 2 GIF by Bloodline

Called it! GJ Iron, you ever whine about "My mix this" or "I aint no good" that I will have to send some of my boys down to "visit" you.

but, but, but, you are worse than @Iron Keys these days.
Ill tell you what, lets have a beer and moan about how shit we are. Deal?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
wow, one of the best songs I ever made and didnt even place.
Congrats @Iron Keys I might retire now.
Appreciate you. Nah you probably at that 'quittin point', but consider it a rebirth point, you'll come back with some absolutely insane shit. Your stuff is still as good as ever, just the level will be raised.

ppreciate you, brother.

I guess nothing will change how I hear my stuff, maybe. But I guess I can at least take the idea with me that 'your stuff probably sounds a lot better to others than it does to you'. I'll hear it how I'll hear it, but hopefully the veil of self-doubt will be translucent.

Let's get 'em!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This was a really good battle. Lots of beats that were on point, especially the ones with vocals in them. For those that didn't place, it was the usual scenario with only a few votes making a difference, but it doesn't matter because the turnout was dope.

Congrats to @Iron Keys on the win. @thangman too, that was close!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Yo, you all came with that tuffff shit. Ill is getting iller by the day!

I voted for @InnerThug that vocal just had such a vibe with the beat.
My closeeee second was @Vossi Beats --- this is one of my favourite beats in the battle! Vibbbbbbeeeeeesssszzzzzz

My others I thought were real good and really liked
@ConspiracyMuzik --- this is dope, i love making this kind of shit; i find using this kind vocal makes it tough to win on ill tho!
@2GooD Productions --- this is dope. How didn't this place? Blasphemy!
@Mahlhavoc -- this is real good... the mix sounds a bit 'sat back' compared to usual?
@Armani -- this was great, some of the added instrumentation that came in later just felt a bit off, but i think tht's cause the rest of the beat was a lot better. With a vocal on top as well would have done a lot better in the battle.

To those I didn't mention, your stuff was ill too, it's likely just mix/vibes that didn't fully catch me.

Love.

Yo, you all came with that tuffff shit. Ill is getting iller by the day!

I voted for @InnerThug that vocal just had such a vibe with the beat.
My closeeee second was @Vossi Beats --- this is one of my favourite beats in the battle! Vibbbbbbeeeeeesssszzzzzz

My others I thought were real good and really liked
@ConspiracyMuzik --- this is dope, i love making this kind of shit; i find using this kind vocal makes it tough to win on ill tho!
@2GooD Productions --- this is dope. How didn't this place? Blasphemy!
@Mahlhavoc -- this is real good... the mix sounds a bit 'sat back' compared to usual?
@Armani -- this was great, some of the added instrumentation that came in later just felt a bit off, but i think tht's cause the rest of the beat was a lot better. With a vocal on top as well would have done a lot better in the battle.

To those I didn't mention, your stuff was ill too, it's likely just mix/vibes that didn't fully catch me.

Love.
The problem is the guitar part in my beat was actually what I had started the beat with. I remember clear as day when I was shitting my soul out on the squat toilet and I was singin sum tyga in my head. then just thought of some lyric idea like "Got respect, got reputation, not the president but I own the nation; kingpin" and singed it, then I ran out the toilet with wet shit dripping from my arsehole and immediately recorded it with my voice. then I played it with the vst guitar and everything, I think u can hear how the solo melody is playing those lyrics.

so long story short the guitar part that comes on later on was the main idea of the track. I should probably just turn it into a rock song lol.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
I voted for @ConspiracyMuzik even though you went and used the same beat you won a battle with last year. And I'm still surprised no one remembered but me, but I guess that's how it is when you get old as shit and start forgetting things like where you put your reading glasses and the names of your grand children.
Just remember that weed is a great natural medicine for dementia, so keep smoking and keep it ill all you wrinkly old mofos. See you in the next illmatic intergalactic musical stab wound of a battle

I voted for @ConspiracyMuzik even though you went and used the same beat you won a battle with last year. And I'm still surprised no one remembered but me, but I guess that's how it is when you get old as shit and start forgetting things like where you put your reading glasses and the names of your grand children.
Just remember that weed is a great natural medicine for dementia, so keep smoking and keep it ill all you wrinkly old mofos. See you in the next illmatic intergalactic musical stab wound of a battle

Hey @Vossi Beats leave your elders alone! Dementia is a serious disease and not something to be erm to make, er now where was i, what was? oh look a squirrel!

Man I didn't even remember i used that beat already. Guess i need to start smoking weed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online

No members online now.