Beat This! - January 26-27, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
hulk hogan wrestling GIF by WWE

After all that talk it turns out I'm the one who hasn't bathed in weeks!
Thanks for the votes people, appreciated
Clean Up Corona GIF by Music Choice

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
First of all, congrats to @Tarboosh Record on the win! For those that didn't place, don't worry - literally everyone brought serious heat in this one. This battle was wide open and it was great. Everyone kicked ass.

So without further delay, here are my dirty crusty sewage reviews:

@365daysofbeats - Very nice intro. Kick is thick AF. Good melody. Beat ended too soon, I wanted to hear more! Dirty.

@Andrenergy - Drums sound really good. Low end is dope. Melody is okay. Instruments could use some more dirt.

@Ariskope - Drums are dope. Good changeups. Props on using ODB! Good use of his vocals. Melody is very good. Dirty.

@Asaph Music - Intro is a bit long but beat drops in nicely. Kick is dope. Piano needs some dirt though. Good melody, beat moves nicely.

@C5ICK - Dirty beat, drums especially. Vocals are on point, goes well with beat. I like the vocal snippet in the background.

@ConspiracyMuzik - Evil beat! Bass is dope. Vocals fit the beat nicely. I want to hear a full version of this. Dirty.

@crog85 - Exactly what I'd expect from you. Evil/dirty beat. I love the tempo, beat moves nicely. Bassline really carries this beat. Dirty.

@Delta_Nine - Dirty beat, lo-fi. Vocals fit well. Drums and melody sound really good.

@Face Valid - Vocals are good. Beat is off the wall, sounds really good. Bassline really stands out. Dirty.

@GuttaTennekey - I love the bass kick intro. Drums are good. Synthy sound is a nice addition. Bass synth is dope, bass could be a bit deeper. One of my favs. Dirty.

@iamcbf - Very crusty mix! The beat sounds very dirty but could definitely use some variety. Drums are dope. I like the horns, good addition.

@iDeaLoGiK - Vocals are on point. Strings sound good, could use some more dirt. Drums are dope. Mix is dirty.

@InnerThug - Keys are a bit too clean, drums too. But the mix is dirty. Fart sounds threw me off but if you think about it, farts are considered dirty!

@Iron Keys - Good choice of vocals. Beat and mix are dirty. I think the background instruments are a bit too clean but overall dope.

@Jay Fehrman - Gutter-sounding beat. I think the drums really set the tone. Bass is good, could be a bit better with a different bass sound. Still a dirty beat.

@Mahlhavoc - Bass really carries this and stands out. Drums fit the mix really well. Vocals are well mixed. Overall dirty. Thanks for the shoutout!

@Manfreezey - I didn't expect a much slower tempo beat but it works. The organ sounds dirty. Drums could be dirtier. Overall good mix.

@oninkaf - It's funny because I was waiting for the beat to drop in but it kept going. Very smooth. Drums are good. Melody is evil. Dirty.

@Space_Alexander - Nice changeup on the toybox. Drums are good but could sit in the mix a bit better. I would put the piano a bit lower and bring up the background synth a bit more. Still good though, dirty.

@Tarboosh Record - Very nice drums. Bass is a bit strong but everything goes well together. The bongo really makes a difference. Vocals are on point. Dirty.

@thangman - Very experimental-sounding but works well. It would have been nice to hear a bit more to see if there would be a changeup, but still dirty.

@Vossi Beats - Good intro. A few things could be a bit dirtier, but if anything it sounds like a nasty horror beat! Dirty.

@xoxo_daisy__ - Didn't expect this from you. Very evil-sounding. Bass stands out a lot. Drums could pop a bit more but still fit very well. Dirty.

@YannFer - Very nice beat, good vocal selection. Mix could be a bit dirtier, mostly the drums but the whole thing is dope and on point.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
What I got out of this theme...

Made 4 tracks. 3 decent (incl this one). First two didn't feel 'dirty' enough.
What I really got out of this process though, was realising just how far you can actually push drums and sounds.
I'd be thinking I was pushing them too far, and they ended up just sounding like decent creatively processed sounds.

Hopefully, going forward this will allow me to be more aggressive and experimental when sculpting sounds knowing that I might think I'm fucking something up, but really it's just brought the beauty out in it.

onwards and illwards.

Andrenergy

Battle Points: 13
Congratz @Tarboosh Record , though in my opinion I would have seen some other beats at the top, but maybe thats just me.
My vote went to @Vossi Beats, probably because it felt like the most rounded dirty beat to me, but honestly I feel like there were so many good ones that tackled the dirty theme from different angles, that I could have voted for.

In general I think the theme was taken a litle to soft (me included) and I would be happy to see a rerun of this theme in the future, where we go a litle harder. Gotta step up my game aswell a litle lol.

Last edited:

Asaph Music

Asaph MP
Battle Points: 32
Congratz @Tarboosh Record , though in my opinion I would have seen some other beats at the top, but maybe thats just me.
My vote went to @Vossi Beats, probably because it felt like the most rounded dirty beat to me, but honestly I feel like there were so many good ones that tackled the dirty theme from different angles, that I could have voted for.

In general I think the theme was taken a litle to soft (me included) and I would be happy to see a rerun of this theme in the future, where we go a litle harder. Gotta step up my game aswell a litle lol.
Congrats

iamcbf

Battle Points: 1
Congratulations! Some dirty shit out there. Glad to have been apart of it. #cbf4life

iamcbf

Battle Points: 1
Legally??? I thought about buying it but heard it wasn't worth the price. Then I saw a Chinese website with it for 'the low' but all the Blackbeards I know said they're not to be trusted. I would like to check it out though. #cbf4life

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online