Beat This! - July 1-2, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
See? I was the only man to ever fuck with deez before y'all did :D I be smart af boi.
real talk tho, @DEEZ BEATZ I had too much respect for you to forget it in one instance, but you fucked up on 2 years, no, 3 fucking years of instances. I mean believe me dude I am trying as hard as I can to stay on your side, but if u did copy shit, please step up and be a man. if by Any chance that shit u said on ur defense Was true, throw us some evidence. don't insult us.

:D Pappas you just saved yo own ass. P.S. you're a fucking idiot for thinkin u should stop sendin beats. told you I see the diamond in you. Congrats man, keep learnin. SCALES LESSON 2 WILL BE TONIGHT DON'T U FUCKIN RUN AWAY YOU LAZY FUCK :D

and @YannFer I wouldn't have seen this whole thing without you, in fact, None of us would've. I do not have a single clue how tf u figured that shit out, Mr. Sherlock Bernard.
Thx, but i think it 's @KOOLDJRKM who found out. I just followed the trail to another video to make sure.

by the way last month 2good became champ, Sire 2nd, Primz 3rd, me 4th and some random muh fuka 5th. forgot. P.s. @DEEZ BEATZ You were 7th. do betta bruh. That's Your crown that 2good be sittin on.
I just reported this for idiocy.

@DEEZ BEATZ when I said do betta, THIS WAS NOT WHAT I MEANT.

Last edited:

joemonco

MoncoMade™
Battle Points: 35
me sampling a chunky 16 bar wondering if i'm just ripping off a great song
200.gif

deez 'sampling' 216 bars
SmartSelect_20200703-174144_YouTube.gif

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Okay guys...

I just heard from Deez and he's not coming back. I won't mention other stuff he's got going on in his life right now so we'll leave it at that.

I mentioned to him in my email that I was extremely disappointed because it looks like straight up cheating. Whether he stole beats and posted them as his own, or as he said, he's part of a producer "pool" of sorts where they're all a part of some group that take a beat from the pile, who knows. All I see is shit that is not right. It's not fair to everyone that ever battled against him, especially those that lost.

The battles and the forums are the lifeline of IllMuzik right now. With this happening, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I could go and remove everything he did, but then that leaves me trying to figure out what to do with the ones that placed beneath him.

I'm sure you guys know, but I put a lot, A LOT of time into ILL. For this to happen makes me really angry because it's kind of like someone shitting all over my life's work. Kind of like in 8th grade when my friend was typing his report on a computer at school and my other friend unplugged it. That kind of mad. This is a big insult to ALL of us. It's not just about battles but it's also an insult to the art of beatmaking. I understand some guys want to use pre-made loops in their beats and I get that, but not entire beats. If you want to use a melody loop from a sound pack you bought, go for it, but at least flip it somehow.

So I'm waiting to hear back from Deez about his content on here. He wants his account deleted, which I was going to ban him at this point anyway, but as far as all the battles he's been in....

Here's all his battle archives:
If any of you guys can help and go through some of them and see what's what. If you use the Shazam app or whatever, it would help a lot. I'd like to at least identify suspect beats and then I'll have to figure something out. If you guys have suggestions about what to do about his wins too, let me know.

See here's the thing: if he won the Beat This (like he just did), then I can move everyone up but then who's 5th? I can check the votes for the Beat This we just had and figure that out, but for the older battles, I don't have those votes saved. So that's something to think about.

In the meantime I'm just really upset, as all of you should be too. You can make fun of the situation but it's not funny as far as I'm concerned. This is a big setback and that's the last thing we need here, as I'm constantly trying to make ILL better and bigger. We don't need scandals. Plus the fact that I made him a moderator at one point really upsets me because it's like he just violated that trust.

The bottom line with anyone, ANYONE that wants to cheat: DON'T. There's always a way to find out.

joemonco

MoncoMade™
Battle Points: 35
[QUOTE="Fade, post:
See here's the thing: if he won the Beat This (like he just did), then I can move everyone up but then who's 5th? I can check the votes for the Beat This we just had and figure that out, but for the older battles, I don't have those votes saved. So that's something to think about.
[/QUOTE]

dosnt take into account the displaced votes that are attached to deez for any of those battles though anyway right?

Theres already a growing list. atleast back until Battle That 2018. Do we compile the list on this thread then?

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@Fade solid bro, and I feel for you... it is probably best, actually, to have some levity about this, it shows your boys here have gotten past the anger and into making jokes about it. While the initial offense has no humor, when your troops rally around and make chicken salad out of the chicken shit, I hope you dont get offended, as I think its the natural progression. I certainly mean no offense by it, so forgive me if I have insulted you in any way, thats not my intent.

Everyone here is a big boy and while we are a bit hurt, disappointed and feel like we were stole from, we also know we cant put the genie back into the bottle, it is what it is. But your boys here have your back and I dont think we hold this against you or the forums you provide for us and the work put into said forums.

We gotcha back Jack!

Its all good so we move on.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Fade solid bro, and I feel for you... it is probably best, actually, to have some levity about this, it shows your boys here have gotten past the anger and into making jokes about it. While the initial offense has no humor, when your troops rally around and make chicken salad out of the chicken shit, I hope you dont get offended, as I think its the natural progression. I certainly mean no offense by it, so forgive me if I have insulted you in any way, thats not my intent.

Everyone here is a big boy and while we are a bit hurt, disappointed and feel like we were stole from, we also know we cant put the genie back into the bottle, it is what it is. But your boys here have your back and I dont think we hold this against you or the forums you provide for us and the work put into said forums.

We gotcha back Jack!

Its all good so we move on.
Thanks man. What I meant was you guys can joke about it, go for it, I just don't feel like making fun of it right now. It's just more bullshit that I have to deal with now.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Im up for moving on...digging in the past and proving whats what is not going to bring any good...so i suggest we simply move on without this highly respected member who betrayed our trust...and thats that...
That's a good point but I do like to keep order here and I can't ever have that, not since the rest of you feel cheated. I can't possibly have him at the top of the points list.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
We all can only try and guess the amount of work you @Fade put into this forum... My opinion is it is a waste of our time to sort everything he did in all the battles he's been in. We should be moving forward and dedicate our effort in the future of Ill Muzik, not the past.

Also, I'm kind of a new guy here, so I can imagine older members feeling much more insulted by this behavior because they've been cheated for much longer than I've been. That's very understandable and I feel for you guys. And obviously even more so for Fade who's been sweating years after years for us to enjoy the ILL like we do.

Off course it is a serious issue because the integrity of the members is core to the battles. If we can't trust each other for the next battles, how can we even keep having them. This trust we all have for each other must remain, that's why I think moving on fast is important.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
We all can only try and guess the amount of work you @Fade put into this forum... My opinion is it is a waste of our time to sort everything he did in all the battles he's been in. We should be moving forward and dedicate our effort in the future of Ill Muzik, not the past.

Also, I'm kind of a new guy here, so I can imagine older members feeling much more insulted by this behavior because they've been cheated for much longer than I've been. That's very understandable and I feel for you guys. And obviously even more so for Fade who's been sweating years after years for us to enjoy the ILL like we do.

Off course it is a serious issue because the integrity of the members is core to the battles. If we can't trust each other for the next battles, how can we even keep having them. This trust we all have for each other must remain, that's why I think moving on fast is important.
Again, I hear what you're saying but I can't possibly leave this and move forward. This has to be dealt with. Just looking at the top battle results of all time is not fair to everyone else. This would explain why he's so far ahead of everyone else in the points. Hell, they go back and strip people of titles all the time in the olympics. Lance Armstrong had everyone fooled for years then he got stripped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online