Beat This! - July 1-2, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Fade i for one am really glad i can talk and share music with outher people who are passionate about it and learn from them... so from me atleast thank you lots fade i'm really happy i found this forum :)

oh and to @DEEZ BEATZ even though you're gone a quote from Mobb Deep since im feeling poetic

Scared to death, scared to look, they shook
'Cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks

you fucking halfassed crook

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
dosnt take into account the displaced votes that are attached to deez for any of those battles though anyway right?

yea, all those votes that went to Deez whether he won or lost wouldve gone to other members if Deez wasnt there... Those votes couldve changed the outcome of every battle he completed in. Smh...

But on a positive note... He may not have made those beats, but someone did, and Im sure we still learned things from listening them and its probably inspired some of us in some way or another to improve...

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
yea, all those votes that went to Deez whether he won or lost wouldve gone to other members if Deez wasnt there... Those votes couldve changed the outcome of every battle he completed in. Smh...

But on a positive note... He may not have made those beats, but someone did, and Im sure we still learned things from listening them and its probably inspired some of us in some way or another to improve...
nice point.

joemonco

MoncoMade™
Battle Points: 35
These are Deez earliest submissions for each battle category respectively. He placed 1st in most of them, I think its safe to say its goes back a long while.

Beat It Up! - Battle #1 July 25, 2018 (1st place)

credited to prod. by Kartell North

Beat Fights! - Battle #8 April 16, 2020 (1st place)

credited prod. by Moldavite

Attack of the Beats! - Battle #124 April 24, 2017 (1st place)

credited to Beat & Mix & Mastering : Yamaneli Production

edit* added links

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well, damn fade. Overtime pay?
I can pay you with a can of soup. What kind do you like? :woot:

I just realized too that since I had him as a moderator, he actually had the nerve to delete the post by @KongoRampoozy and @crosstevsky that shows the video!!

What I'm thinking is this:
  • Identify the suspected beats.
  • If it's not on the up and up, I'll remove it from that battle and his points.
  • If he won or placed and his beat is not right, remove and move the others up.
There's a few issues though. With Beat This, I have it set for top 5. The older ones I can't determine who would be 5th if I moved everyone up, so in those instances I guess I'll leave those as top 4. For Warzone and Battle That, I can't change anything in the rounds, but I can definitely alter the final round if he placed in there.

As for yesterday's Beat This, I will be moving everyone up and the 5th will be @KOOLDJRKM since he was 6th.

Okay guys...

I just heard from Deez and he's not coming back. I won't mention other stuff he's got going on in his life right now so we'll leave it at that.

I mentioned to him in my email that I was extremely disappointed because it looks like straight up cheating. Whether he stole beats and posted them as his own, or as he said, he's part of a producer "pool" of sorts where they're all a part of some group that take a beat from the pile, who knows. All I see is shit that is not right. It's not fair to everyone that ever battled against him, especially those that lost.

The battles and the forums are the lifeline of IllMuzik right now. With this happening, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I could go and remove everything he did, but then that leaves me trying to figure out what to do with the ones that placed beneath him.

I'm sure you guys know, but I put a lot, A LOT of time into ILL. For this to happen makes me really angry because it's kind of like someone shitting all over my life's work. Kind of like in 8th grade when my friend was typing his report on a computer at school and my other friend unplugged it. That kind of mad. This is a big insult to ALL of us. It's not just about battles but it's also an insult to the art of beatmaking. I understand some guys want to use pre-made loops in their beats and I get that, but not entire beats. If you want to use a melody loop from a sound pack you bought, go for it, but at least flip it somehow.

So I'm waiting to hear back from Deez about his content on here. He wants his account deleted, which I was going to ban him at this point anyway, but as far as all the battles he's been in....

Here's all his battle archives:
If any of you guys can help and go through some of them and see what's what. If you use the Shazam app or whatever, it would help a lot. I'd like to at least identify suspect beats and then I'll have to figure something out. If you guys have suggestions about what to do about his wins too, let me know.

See here's the thing: if he won the Beat This (like he just did), then I can move everyone up but then who's 5th? I can check the votes for the Beat This we just had and figure that out, but for the older battles, I don't have those votes saved. So that's something to think about.

In the meantime I'm just really upset, as all of you should be too. You can make fun of the situation but it's not funny as far as I'm concerned. This is a big setback and that's the last thing we need here, as I'm constantly trying to make ILL better and bigger. We don't need scandals. Plus the fact that I made him a moderator at one point really upsets me because it's like he just violated that trust.

The bottom line with anyone, ANYONE that wants to cheat: DON'T. There's always a way to find out.
I have an idea.
I can go through All the battles, figure out all the people who ended up 2nd so u can make them champs and give them the points. and fuck the shazam shit, this guy was a fraud anyways. he didn't have a lot of battles did he? 150 total. not THAT hard for my fast ass.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Again, I hear what you're saying but I can't possibly leave this and move forward. This has to be dealt with. Just looking at the top battle results of all time is not fair to everyone else. This would explain why he's so far ahead of everyone else in the points. Hell, they go back and strip people of titles all the time in the olympics. Lance Armstrong had everyone fooled for years then he got stripped.
I probably should rephrase myself... I did not mean leaving it as is. Of course, there's some cleaning to do...
First because we need closure, second because it is not fair that his name is on top of other people's that he's beaten by cheating.
The point I was trying to make was just to not go over ALL of the battles he's been in... For instance, last warzone he beat me in final for bronze, should I have win it? Not sure cause I would've been up against someone he' s beaten in the previous round, maybe pappas beats, and we will never know who would have won then. Same for the Beat it up or Battle that battles, who would have won? Because the slot would have been taken by someone else who wasn't there...

Btw I can help sort some of his stuff out, in the weekend if it helps in anyway. I don't know how we could make it work, but I'm up for it.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Okay wait, maybe we should keep a list here of what we find. We don't want everyone doing the same ones. How about someone take a specific year and battle? So let's say one person takes 2018 Warzone, someone else takes 2019 Beat This?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@ArvinArmani Yea, years ago i went back thru battles and tallied points for fade... its not that bad once u get a system going...

idk why we even need to check all his beats... ive seen enough, just remove them all...
I really want to remove everything man, but I want to believe that some of them are legit.

P.S. I remember that years ago with the points! Thanks again. That really helped. My eyes were falling out.

Okay wait, maybe we should keep a list here of what we find. We don't want everyone doing the same ones. How about someone take a specific year and battle? So let's say one person takes 2018 Warzone, someone else takes 2019 Beat This?
that's exactly what I said. I'll figure out all of them. Its really fun for me to do this typa stuff. nerdin out on the ill battles history and shit. I never worked with shazam tho.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Okay this is what we'll do. Everyone that wants to do some snooping, please post in here what you'll check.

I'm going to check Beat This 2017.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
I really want to remove everything man, but I want to believe that some of them are legit.

I hear u... but whos to say where all the beats came from, just cuz we cant find them on youtube doesnt mean he didnt steal them from somewhere else, and then when u said he deleted the posts that called him out on cheating... At that point I think he should have everything forfeited... unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online