Beat This! - July 14-15, 2021

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.
salty indeed-to be honest i voted for @Delta_Nine , @Vossi Beats @Space_Alexander i considered alot-really enjoyed. liked @Face Valid but i'm a big roots manuva fan and i didn't think the acapella sat nicely enough to warrent the vote. @Iron Keys yours was nice, really enjoyed it but felt it was more a pop record-which is fine-like i said i liked it, but i was personally looking for a beat!
@Vossi Beats hit me up about this collab, i've a few days off and keen to get to work on somethin!
Well done to all who entered and thanks again @Fade regards setting it up.
Final thought on the whole 'vocal allowed' business-my example is this...i liked @DaHomie s entry-but if i removed the vocal from it, i wouldn't be mentioning it-having said that, it's tailored nicely to the vocal-it just gets me caught in two minds-so i think it should be an all vocal, or all instrumental affair-but i don't care THAT much-just glad this thing runs :)
@crog85 almost forgot to mention-enjoyed yours alot, tight production-the thing that put me off it was the key change,rightly or wrongly-but ws a really nice sample

Last edited:

InnerThug

prod. by InnerThug
Battle Points: 170
Not at all. There were like 5 genuine dope beats (excluding mine) that were way above another in the top 5.

Face Valid deserved in there for sure.

I'm also not dissing the beats that placed, they were good. But the one's I mentioned were on a different level.
IMO FaceValids had to much going on in the beat with FX to also have a vocal over it. Complicated and complex doesnt always translate to "good".

Id love you feedback on why you didnt think my beat deserved its placement (other then your obvious unwarranted hate of the trap style)

NOIS3D -3DBeats

NOIS3D - 3rdDimensionBeats
Battle Points: 16
Congrats to all participants. Im not sad of the result because i knowed the hiphop community is not ready for hipstep hahaha! That said really nice beats on the top list!

Delta_Nine

Illa la muzika!!!

seanm.music

Battle Points: 3
Ahhh dudes I just got home from a massive day didn't even have a chance to listen till now, Wish I coulda voted, sorry team. Great beats all round @Delta_Nine was my number one for this round.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@crog85 , best sample flip
@Armani , DO THIS STYLE with vulf compressor and other vulf products.
@seanm.music , dope rhodes
@Space_Alexander , best drums
@xoxo_daisy__ , slept on. Nice chord progression
@LiveLargeBeats , sounds like a hit. Just add a corny radio dj and the bag is yours.
@Mahlhavoc , pappas, cmon man, how you gonna let pac be off beat?? Best bassline.
Bruh, you know how hard it is to have a different tempo from the norm, slice the lyrics up and mash em in while adding flavor to the vocals? Dont be so mean now.. I dont hear it but, note taken, prolly heard it too much.

BTW Grats @crog85 your mixing is off the charts

I had @Face Valid #1 his shit was on point, good stuff nice mix sounded like I would ride with it for sure.

@Vossi Beats #2 shit was good, maybe a lil better mix, but nicely done

@Fury Beats #3 I like that shit, very clean beat... I dunno what else to say, nice beat man...

@LiveLargeBeats #4 Good shit, bangs but you should know this group dosent vote on beats like this, I do though. Kinda like the classical group here not voting for a smashing jazz beat.

@crog85 #5 Mix is off the charts have you right there

@Space_Alexander I would of put you higher, but this is the "No snare rolls" type beat I was talking about, just a constant (though awesome) beat that didnt have the drums breaking up at all. Great mix sounded clean and banged.. just that one thing is a stickler for me

@Iron Keys Had you there as well, your beat is nice as hell, but the choice of vocals threw me off bro, not gonna lie.

@Silentz This smashed but I think the horns overwhelmed it and like I said above to space, pretty constant beat and gets tiring after awhile, monotonous, but good beat for sure.

InnerThug

prod. by InnerThug
Bruh, you know how hard it is to have a different tempo from the norm, slice the lyrics up and mash em in while adding flavor to the vocals? Dont be so mean now.. I dont hear it but, note taken, prolly heard it too much.

I had @Face Valid #1 his shit was on point, good stuff nice mix sounded like I would ride with it for sure.

@Fury Beats #3 I like that shit, very clean beat... I dunno what else to say, nice beat man...

@LiveLargeBeats #4 Good shit, bangs but you should know this group dosent vote on beats like this, I do though. Kinda like the classical group here not voting for a smashing jazz beat.

@Space_Alexander I would of put you higher, but this is the "No snare rolls" type beat I was talking about, just a constant (though awesome) beat that didnt have the drums breaking up at all. Great mix sounded clean and banged.. just that one thing is a stickler for me

@Iron Keys Had you there as well, your beat is nice as hell, but the choice of vocals threw me off bro, not gonna lie.

@Silentz This smashed but I think the horns overwhelmed it and like I said above to space, pretty constant beat and gets tiring after awhile, monotonous, but good beat for sure.
@crog85 , best sample flip
@Armani , DO THIS STYLE with vulf compressor and other vulf products.
@seanm.music , dope rhodes
@Space_Alexander , best drums
@xoxo_daisy__ , slept on. Nice chord progression
@LiveLargeBeats , sounds like a hit. Just add a corny radio dj and the bag is yours.
@Mahlhavoc , pappas, cmon man, how you gonna let pac be off beat?? Best bassline.
any feedback on my beat would be appreciated

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
any feedback on my beat would be appreciated
Was a solid beat, clean clear good mix and has a solid melody and bassline...... but wasn't hip hop. If this was a different forum I would put you towards the top, but this isn't. Don't take it wrong, but was closer to EDM than hip hop.. guess that is where this forum is leaning towards nowadays. This is not a stab at your skill, you have it, so do not take personally.

InnerThug

prod. by InnerThug
Was a solid beat, clean clear good mix and has a solid melody and bassline...... but wasn't hip hop. If this was a different forum I would put you towards the top, but this isn't. Don't take it wrong, but was closer to EDM than hip hop.. guess that is where this forum is leaning towards nowadays. This is not a stab at your skill, you have it, so do not take personally.
Good to know thanks for the feedback gear my next competition beat in that direction which is honestly more my style anyways. Made this beat last week and wanted to get it out there cause it was different from my norm haha thanks again

Battle Points: 153
I think people are starting to abandon the Trap style.
Too bad i wasnt around when they werent...:cautious: I was hoping for a more diverse crowd lately. Some voting bb, some for hipstep some trap etc :p
Truth be told, none could have owned @crog85 's beat...that shit was dope as fuck bro (y) (for this time :p)

@Fade I was thinking, maybe we could all have 3 votes? to make a top3, in that way more people will get the votes they deserve..I often have 2-3 tracks that i really like, but cant vote for...and we vote for the best, but the rest is on the bottom wearing the dunce hat lol.

Wow. Didn't even place?

Usually I wouldn't be so brazen, but that voting seems so skewed and suspect.

Without a doubt top 5 should be..
@Iron Keys
@Vossi Beats (voted)
@Face Valid
@Mahlhavoc
@Space_Alexander

Few other dope beats in there that deserve a mention, but the fact only one of those^ made it, genuinely blasphemous.

This battle's results is a genuine tragedy.
You could have left your Michael Bolton beat out, and placed mine instead my man ;)

Yeah i geuss man..but as ive said i was hoping for a more diverse crowd lately..
Its what i listen to, and gettin better at each beat...so im not gonna produce boombap just because the OG ILLZ are all boombap and hope for a placement :)
Personally i think we should look into expanding the voting system a bit.

I almost voted @Iron Keys

Yeah bro I feel you. I tried some different things with the Drums as far as the snare and transition go, but I got stuck.
I couldn't come up with anything that sounded good, quick enough. I added a flute and just dropped it out on the chorus to make the beat a little less monotonous.
Anyways, I appreciate the feedback.

I had a hard time choosing between @Iron Keys , @Vossi Beats , and @Delta_Nine , but I wound up voting for Delta. All three of those submissions were super solid, so I ended up voting based on my personal preference.
All that being said everyone did a wonderful job, and I appreciate those of you giving me feedback and positive affirmations. That honestly means a lot more to me than placement.(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
I figured you might have done, me and Face got a similar taste/style. I think his was a little cruder than mine usually is, but when he brought in those plinky grace note things I figured a few may mistake his as one of mine.

Your beat, I was in two minds, 'cause that bassline is from somewhere else. But I leaned towards liking the appropriation - great stuff. (can see this is true as I mentioned it in the discord)
I love the comparison. You're like a nice glass of chardonnay and mine is more like a warm pint of beer!

Congrats to @crog85 - liked the Houston screw style
Gave a vote to @Space_Alexander - just nice classic hip hop vibes
No ones mentioned @Armani - thought your beat was decent!
So many other good beats, no need to mention again.

A word on the 'vocal track allowed'. I would prefer it if there was no option, so either the theme is 100% vocal tracks, or none at all. I don't like having a mixture of both, I think it makes the competition an un level playing field and could also skew voting. I love just hearing beats on their to be honest but I do think every now and again it should be a vocal track to make it a more authentic producer experience, but everyone entering should have to step up to that.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Fade I was thinking, maybe we could all have 3 votes? to make a top3, in that way more people will get the votes they deserve..I often have 2-3 tracks that i really like, but cant vote for...and we vote for the best, but the rest is on the bottom wearing the dunce hat lol.
I suggested this once back during "the big voting debate".

Personally i think it's a good idea but don't really know what difference it'll make when half of people's voting is just dead or clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online