Beat This! - July 14-15, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah been meaning to switch the formula up. Sp 404 vinyl sim, run my beat through a cassette, sidechain compression is a dead give away. I may as well but a beat tag lol.
It's a good process you have but yeah yours are a dead giveaway. But it shouldn't matter of course.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
That beat was fire. I wouldn't call you trap either, I gotta a lot of 36 mafia vibes. I do "boombap", but when i hear a dope beat trap, fusion whatever, I'm going to let you know I like it. That sample you used....fire. a lot of times my faves are not even boom bap.
Thank you! I dont consider it trap either… been making beats with the southern style before “trap” was a thing… but I draw inspiration from alot of different styles… i listen to a lot of different music too, most of it not mainstream… I mean, i even draw inspiration your beats… that dirty, grimey, unpolished sounds is dope af imo :fire:

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Clutching Dave Chappelle GIF

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
well, he does have that sound down pat and makes it fucking good.... real good. I would be hard pressed if someone said I had to pick 10 guys to listen to for the rest of my life that are strictly instrumental and not pick @crog85 as one, thats how good he is.
Yeah it's like he's got some Beat This formula that no one else has.

How's it going, btw, Stabler?

Dick Wolf Fist Bump GIF by Wolf Entertainment

Smh… Here we go again lol
I hadnt battled in like 6+ months… i check the forum before the battles and everyone’s talking about boombaps taking over, traps dead in the battles… Then my empty lifeless trap beat wins (even tho i dont consider it “trap”)… Haha :ROFLMAO:
@crog85 I really liked your beat btw bro. It wasn't really trap to me. Had more of a TX or Memphis Phonk vibe. Really dope shit. Congrats on the win. :clap:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Iron Keys C'mon man, you know how it is. Everyone on here has gone through the same thing trying to place or win. Some get mad and leave, some blame someone else or the voting, but most just continue to battle.

I was always huge into the DMC battles in the 90's and each year it was basically a new person that would win but there were the usual guys that battled each year anyway because they enjoyed battling.

The way I see it is, whether you place or not, it's about what kind of feedback you get on here that matters most. The battling is for fun. The community feedback is what counts.

Look at something like the UFC - there's only a handful of top guys, the rest just fight because they like punching other people in the face.

I'm not mad or upset. I'm note even talking my beat - take my beat out of the equation.

There was some proper fucking dope beats like, top notch top top top productions in this battle that didn't place. And that's bullshit. Like i said I'm not dissing the ones that placed, but there were ones that were too good (no pun).

If my beat didnt place but most of those ones did, no beef, misjudged. But none of them place - tells me something's up.

So maybe I've outgrown battling, or outgrown sharing my music with people who are only interested in "type beats".

I wanna do something real with my music, something that goes beyond 12 year olds wanting to YT rip my beat to mumble over.

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
For the record @KiloOnTheBeat got my vote. That beat just vibed with me.

@Armani dope beat suits the vocal, an easy contender, one of my favorites.
@crog85 needless to say, dope, really liked the pitch shift. Also one of my favorites, another well deserved win.
@DaHomie dope, another banger.
@Face Valid Had a hard time choosing between this and @KiloOnTheBeat, really liked it.
@C4NTK33P5T1LL props for the title alone. Not really feeling the beat so much tbh, didnt like the choice of sounds.
@Delta_Nine this was giving me Madlib vibes and could hear Quasimoto on it.
@Halle1111 really liked the sample on this, but the mix and repetitiveness hurt this one.
@Homsy really liked this one too, i think a better mix will make the components gel together a bit better, needs to be a bit more balanced.
@Iron Keys this is really dope, one of my favorites for this battle, but it is rnb/pop not hip hop. Still real nice production, great track.
@jainehot2 spent the whole track waiting for a drop that never came. Really needs a big drop, will really make it stand out.
@Mahlhavoc the pella fucked this one for me. Some of the sounds used dont sound so great too, they sound a bit general midi. Great choice of midi file though. One of my favorite songs of all time.

If I havent mentioned you, no hard feelings. Just wanted to give some feedback.
Yeah I hear ya mate n cheers I appreciate some FB t'was maybe a bit too "Mega Drive-esque" TBH I enjoyed making it though I haven't fucked about like that for a while I'll c if I got anything worth chucking in WZ I always enjoyed them battles

Status
Not open for further replies.