Beat This! - July 15-16, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
@Iron Keys yours was lit!! Loved jay z vocals. You made it sound like an anthem

Thanks, brother! This the kinda response I'm in it for! Was catching them vibes too, 'finished' it days ago but just vibing to it. Never really made this kinda beat much, but i was like 'ooh'.

Loved your Redman vox, was bugging me 'cause I slyly had planned on using Red - for that exact reason such bounce and energy!

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
@iheardasong U had one of the dopests beats, if not THE dopest, imo! Probably my favorite outta everyone! :facts:

@Edgar I always enjoy your take on sample flips around here! Low key, ur probably one of my favorite member’s to listen to... Glad to see u competing! Keep it up :biggrin:

Now to everyone else... Be prepared for the next battle, crog is coming... muhuhahaha

btw wouldn't it be cooler if vocals weren't randomly on and off? I mean maybe it shouldn't be vocal free on EVERY battle? idk myself, askin for opinions.

also we're havin a jam session on discord, it's awesome, y'all should join too.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
Yo! I PLACED! I never won nothin. Runner up is dope. I'm glad you guys liked my shit. I liked your shit too. I voted for jansoulo. Good work all! Nas remix went off beat or that would have won my vote. Getting geared up for the next one, let's get it!

Last edited:

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
btw wouldn't it be cooler if vocals weren't randomly on and off? I mean maybe it shouldn't be vocal free on EVERY battle? idk myself, askin for opinions.

also we're havin a jam session on discord, it's awesome, y'all should join too.
I agree. There should be a separate remix contest. I'm two hours from home but I'll check in when I get there.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@2GooD Productions congrats on the win man!! @Fade didn’t you used to Have other judges that weren’t in the comp and yourself judging? Can’t remember exactly but I know it was a little different a few years back
That was WAY back, I can't remember what year.
exactly what I told fade when I was bored of always ending up below the top 5 and not knowing if I'm 6th or 26th.

btw @Fade at least can we know if we ended up 6th or 7th or ...? if u don't wanna show votes. I mean are the votes sprayed enough for us to have a top 10 maybe?
It's hard because like I always say, these are usually 1-2 votes apart. For example, this one it was 2good by 1 vote. Same for 2nd and 3rd. There's not tons of votes that come in so there's many that don't even get a vote at all. It's just because there's not enough people voting. That's one of the downsides. This is one of the reasons why I don't reveal the votes because sometimes there's not tons of them.

Now to everyone else... Be prepared for the next battle, crog is coming... muhuhahaha
Come on man, give me a run for my money. I know you are more than capable, one of my favorite producers here and Im not a huge trap fan, but you do it so well. We are very close on the leaderboard too, lets make things interesting.

Just so everyone knows, i took some time off to smoke and meditate for a few days. Know that all yo'ls false confidence is coming to a stop. I have new and banging matrial to rock your socks, Call me DJ Rock-a-Sock. When is the next warzone so i do the socks rocking?
my cum sock is pretty much like a rock now if that helps. Looking forward to the next warzone.

Yo! I PLACED! I never won nothin. Runner up is dope. I'm glad you guys liked my shit. I liked your shit too. I voted for jansoulo. Good work all! Nas remix went off beat or that would have won my vote. Getting geared up for the next one, let's get it!
your beat was a banger, gutter shit. Was playing the beats to my mate last night and yours was his favorite.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
@crudeking I actually thought your beat was cool and had considered it as a voting option.

The main appeal to me was what I referring to as the "flamenco claps" .. Was that a sample or programmed?! interesting hearing more about that.

I've used things like that before, really like it. Not sure really why I didn't pick it. Maybe the vocal - I found it interesting, so I kinda like it but was also confused how I feel about it. Used the sample well imho.

But yeah, I had a lot of love for your beat because of the flamenco claps. I actually was gonna mention it, but I get distracted and forget to haha.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Come on man, give me a run for my money. I know you are more than capable, one of my favorite producers here and Im not a huge trap fan, but you do it so well. We are very close on the leaderboard too, lets make things interesting.

Ill be in the next one for sure... just not really interested in many of the other comps, I dont make a lot of beats so...

and the leaderboard thing, not really worried about it, just trying to hold down the #1 spot for Beat This (since Deez went bye-bye)

i wish I wouldve been able to put something together for this one that I was happier with, i mean i couldve entered, but what I made wasnt up to parr in my opinion... I felt like, for this theme, the sample needed to carry the melody... (like @drex beat, it was dope! btw)

Ill be in the next one for sure... just not really interested in many of the other comps, I dont make a lot of beats so...

and the leaderboard thing, not really worried about it, just trying to hold down the #1 spot for Beat This (since Deez went bye-bye)

i wish I wouldve been able to put something together for this one that I was happier with, i mean i couldve entered, but what I made wasnt up to parr in my opinion... I felt like, for this theme, the sample needed to carry the melody... (like @drex beat, it was dope! btw)
I have only made loads recently because of the lock down, but now Im back at work Im hardly making any beats now. I knew when I went back to work Id have very little time again so made the most of the lockdown. I wont be as active as I have been. And certainly wont be able to keep up with all the battles any more. But Ill try my best.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I have only made loads recently because of the lock down, but now Im back at work Im hardly making any beats now. I knew when I went back to work Id have very little time again so made the most of the lockdown. I wont be as active as I have been. And certainly wont be able to keep up with all the battles any more. But Ill try my best.

DamagedScaryAmmonite-size_restricted.gif

crudeking

Delta Force Elite
@crudeking I actually thought your beat was cool and had considered it as a voting option.

The main appeal to me was what I referring to as the "flamenco claps" .. Was that a sample or programmed?! interesting hearing more about that.

I've used things like that before, really like it. Not sure really why I didn't pick it. Maybe the vocal - I found it interesting, so I kinda like it but was also confused how I feel about it. Used the sample well imho.

But yeah, I had a lot of love for your beat because of the flamenco claps. I actually was gonna mention it, but I get distracted and forget to haha.
@Iron Keys , thank you for feedback...the claps was from some stems i have in my sound bank...it reminded me of those old spaghetti westerns...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.