Beat This! - July 27-28, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
@1301.36 - I love the intro. Dope drums. I know you have the 808 but a proper bassline would be DOPE on this.

@Amnesia - Dope intro. Very horror-esque. Drums knock hard. Strings sound really good. Maybe some higher strings later on but the vocal "ahhh" you had was really good, fit very well.

@Anthouse Beats - Very solid mix. Beat sounds more like a party type beat than a crazy psycho beat though. I really like it but just not for this theme.

@Armani - This is what I envisioned for this theme. Hard knocking drums that make a crazy psycho person be crazy psycho. Good variations, the beat moves nicely.

@BassThumper - This one surprised me because it didn't fit the crazy psycho theme. The organ and electric guitar was a nice touch but I don't think it hit the theme. Also, a bassline would be dope!

@crog85 - Crazy psycho. A little bit (slightly lol) in the red. But still it felt like a psychotic beat. Dope.

@DrA - Good low end and the drums are good but a bit light matched up against that low end. The lead was good. I'm thinking this whole beat would be way better at a slower tempo.

@Fury Beats - Geto Boys! I get where you're coming from with this one but if anything, a proper bassline would help tremendously on this.

@InsideOutBeats - Sounds like someone being murdered. Nice! I like the ghetto-ness of the beat, but if anything it's just the drum track that throws me off. Do you quantize?

@Iron Keys - Very smooth beat. The bassline is what stood out to me right away and the piano plus the vocal snippets are great. However, I just don't think this is a crazy psycho beat. It's too smooth and laid back.

@Mefisto Beats - Good job and grabbing the Purge movie stuff. I liked this one a lot. The melody is not amazing, but for me it's the gutterness that really stands out, especially that bassline!

@ozwarlegacy - The thing with this beat is it's too "thin" if you know what I mean. It's a good starting point. I believe a heavy bassline on this with a harder drum track would make it pop a lot more.

@rejecttheronin - I really liked this one because it has a nice bassline and some evil sounds bouncing around. But it's really that evil out of tune horn that stands out. Really dope.

@Soap - Evil! I like how well the drums blend with everything else. I wish there was more of the beat itself instead of the movie snippets, but it's still dope.

@Walidank - I don't think it fits the theme. But it's a good tune. If anything, I just think the mix needs a lot of work. I would like to hear that low end within a proper mix.

Appreciate the feedback. It’s just unfortunate everyone else can’t do the same.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
we just got different interpretations of it. so for sure, i didn't get the angry rage vibe.

I achieved what I set out to do, which is what i looked to get out of beat this.
See, right there. Why can't you just accept that your beat didn't fit the theme? Instead you have to say the other beats have an "angry rage vibe". Enough with the passive aggressive shit. C'mon man, we're trying to move past this.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
appreciate the feedback.

That to me is why it is a crazy psycho beat --- pyschos are really composed and calm, that's why they're crazy. They're calm af in demeanour whilst carrying out insane acts. In movies I see they often have old records from the 60s playing when crazy psychos do their thing - hence my approach to this one. I felt my synths sounded eerie to me too.

My criticism of my one is I absolutely butchered the mastering. Learnt a new trick off a pro, hit it too hard though it seemed fine at time. Also I wasn't happy with how the interview clips sat in the mix. All sounded a bit different on export (though I wasn't fully content in the mix anyway).
I had this discussion with a homie. He tried to convince me that "psycho" is someone you see in movies in a cell talking crazy shit and drawing swastikas with his excrements on the wall while laughing uncontrollably while "psycho" is just a short form for psychopath. And those dudes seem normal af, they just dont have empathy in most cases, they are narcissistic and tend to borderline behavior while still remaining calm, charming and friendly to bystanders. But tbf, you should ve known that most ppl arent that deep into that matter and would expect the typical movie/video game "psycho". Basically a dude on bathsalts. xd

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I had this discussion with a homie. He tried to convince me that "psycho" is someone you see in movies in a cell talking crazy shit and drawing swastikas with his excrements on the wall while laughing uncontrollably while "psycho" is just a short form for psychopath. And those dudes seem normal af, they just dont have empathy in most cases, they are narcissistic and tend to borderline behavior while still remaining calm, charming and friendly to bystanders. But tbf, you should ve known that most ppl arent that deep into that matter and would expect the typical movie/video game "psycho". Basically a dude on bathsalts. xd
FFS. LOL why is everyone overthinking the theme? Just make a crazy psycho beat! Look at the flyer! It's a psycho chick in a straight jacket. Do you think she's listening to fucking MOZART?

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
FFS. LOL why is everyone overthinking the theme? Just make a crazy psycho beat! Look at the flyer! It's a psycho chick in a straight jacket. Do you think she's listening to fucking MOZART?
Wtf, calm down. I was just talking about the term psycho and basically agreeing with you?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Wtf, calm down. I was just talking about the term psycho and basically agreeing with you?
I am calm. Your post is trying to break down what crazy psycho is. Cmon man.

I thought we were discussing. No sweat, no discussion.
Ok, sure. Angry rage vibe is cool I guess. And you're the one talking about gaslighting lol. Whatever man. You're either on drugs or need to be.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
And btw now YOU are trying to force YOUR interpretation of psycho on others while talking about diversity and different takes and views, so what is happening?

Yes and Amen to everything or we re overthinking and being negative? tf mang

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
And btw now YOU are trying to force YOUR interpretation of psycho on others while talking about diversity and different takes and views, so what is happening?

Yes and Amen to everything or we re overthinking and being negative? tf mang
Why do you insist on dying on this sword? We're supposed to be past this.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544

Exactlyyyy this my brother!

So the common thing with psychopathic killers is they're so calm, personable and composed --- and that's what's noted as the 'really scary thing' about them.

Watching the interview with Jeffrey Dahmer, who dismembered and ate his victims, murdering 17. In his interview, he calmly spoke saying "I wasn't angry" "I wasn't angry at them.

Found this real interesting. So sinister hearing them talk about their crimes so casually.

When you spend too much time with girls watching their shit, it's like 90% of what they watch :LOL:

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
LOL it's amazing how you guys flip shit around.
How? Yes, we were breaking down the term psycho, what is wrong with that? Battle is over, we just talked about it. And i even agreed that the most fitting shit to this theme was a dude on bathsalts and iron should ve known that, because not everyone is that fked up to read about mental illness, what is the problem???

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
How? Yes, we were breaking down the term psycho, what is wrong with that? Battle is over, we just talked about it. And i even agreed that the most fitting shit to this theme was a dude on bathsalts and iron should ve known that, because not everyone is that fked up to read about mental illness, what is the problem???
This:
We are, i was just talking with Iron about normal stuff until you bomb in and be all "FFS"..??
I didn't bomb your convo. You guys are still trying to break down the fucking theme. MY GOD move on. Why is it so hard when there's a theme? Let it go. It's a fucking beat battle. You two are acting like there's a comet about to hit Earth and you're trying to decide what's the most bestest beat that should be played before everyone dies.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
This:

I didn't bomb your convo. You guys are still trying to break down the fucking theme. MY GOD move on. Why is it so hard when there's a theme? Let it go. It's a fucking beat battle. You two are acting like there's a comet about to hit Earth and you're trying to decide what's the most bestest beat that should be played before everyone dies.
No, it was just out of interest, you re reaching there.. implying we still try to diss or whatever, cmon now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online