Beat This! - July 27-28, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
'cept I didn't.

yes - look at it. those posts weren't from me. I even tried to help explain.
First of all, you JUST said you were done and you were off to make music.

Second of all:

Most the beats didn't sound 'crazy psycho' to me sounded more like angry MMA or something

So you can criticize everyone else's beats but if someone criticizes yours, the gloves are coming off. Ok, got it.

But this time it wasnt him starting this discussion, all began with ppl telling him his beat is not "crazy psycho". He just disagreed with it, nothing wrong with that imo. Then he was talking about Trap/Type Beats but not even mentioning ppl in here, because the Trap vs Boom Bap discussion was already taking place between others. Then somehow ppl started attacking him directly and now its all his fault? That just confuses me by reading all this. The negativity came actually out of nowhere caused by a combination of ppl, blaming it all on one guy that didnt even start it seems not fair to me. Just saying.
Nobody was attacking, just FACTS as @Iron Keys says. He started this shit waaaaay back. Just ask @2GooD Productions .

The bottom line is it's ridiculous that we still have to deal with the bullshit negativity after every battle, and even after being called out on it, somehow everyone else is wrong and/or the bad guy.

Was in no disrespect to the winner or those that placed and I don’t see any of you taking it that way. Obviously the people voted and voted for what they liked.

Just makes me want to work on my beats and perhaps even adapt / expand my style and see where that takes me as long as I like the sound of it.

Thanks as always for advice and knowledge

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
somehow everyone else is wrong and/or the bad guy.

Thats the problem, it has to black or white, which it isnt. You think in terms of being the good or bad guy.. why not just grown ass men discussing stuff and sorting things out? When it comes to competition it gets heated, you can ban me, you can ban Iron and i guarantee nothing will change, ppl just have to put enough time into these battles and they will start to doubt the outcome when they never place, its just human nature.

It all turned really negative when you started to point out negativity and saying how childish everything is and so on. NO you re not "the bad guy/wrong". But if you insist on stuff being negative and start "pointing out" stuff, it will become that.

I felt like it was all done, ppl said what they have to say and then it all turned cringe somehow.

I actually dont even know why im spending my time discussing stuff that aint that important. I dont even care about battles.

I think we all should just calm down, take a deep breath and tomorrow the world be a bit different.

Love and Peace to yall

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thats the problem, it has to black or white, which it isnt. You think in terms of being the good or bad guy.. why not just grown ass men discussing stuff and sorting things out? When it comes to competition it gets heated, you can ban me, you can ban Iron and i guarantee nothing will change, ppl just have to put enough time into these battles and they will start to doubt the outcome when they never place, its just human nature.

It all turned really negative when you started to point out negativity and saying how childish everything is and so on. NO you re not "the bad guy/wrong". But if you insist on stuff being negative and start "pointing out" stuff, it will become that.

I felt like it was all done, ppl said what they have to say and then it all turned cringe somehow.

I actually dont even know why im spending my time discussing stuff that aint that important. I dont even care about battles.

I think we all should just calm down, take a deep breath and tomorrow the world be a bit different.

Love and Peace to yall
I agree, but I pointed out the negativity because it's facts. It's happened numerous times and it's really tiring. I also wanted @Iron Keys to know what it feels like to have someone challenge you, just like how he acts after every battle which brings negativity to all the people in the battle.

Just imagine someone that's new to the site and it's their first battle, then at the end they see someone criticizing the outcome. That's not too welcoming, is it? Of course not. I'm trying to keep the negativity out of ILL, of course, but I have every right to call someone out on their bullshit if it affects everyone on here, and especially the battles.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Was in no disrespect to the winner or those that placed and I don’t see any of you taking it that way. Obviously the people voted and voted for what they liked.

Just makes me want to work on my beats and perhaps even adapt / expand my style and see where that takes me as long as I like the sound of it.

Thanks as always for advice and knowledge

You just expressed your feelings and its cool. Ppl hopped on that discussion, it got heated and was still fine until it kinda became that "cancel culture" vibe labeling unimportant shit as negativity that destroys everything and its present for so long that still new people join and battle with beats and nothing bad happens actually, ppl beef and forget about it afterwards, kinda hip-hop culture to a degree. So i just didnt understand all the fuss about it. Dont feel guilty or something, you did nothing wrong, imo no one did, somehow ppl just have to vent off from time to time.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
You just expressed your feelings and its cool. Ppl hopped on that discussion, it got heated and was still fine until it kinda became that "cancel culture" vibe labeling unimportant shit as negativity that destroys everything and its present for so long that still new people join and battle with beats and nothing bad happens actually, ppl beef and forget about it afterwards, kinda hip-hop culture to a degree. So i just didnt understand all the fuss about it. Dont feel guilty or something, you did nothing wrong, imo no one did, somehow ppl just have to vent off from time to time.
LOL there's nothing cancel culture about ILL, are you kidding me? We're the complete opposite.

But I just wish every battle had an actual normal outcome instead of everyone debating what the theme really is. Themes are always subjective. Always. Just this theme alone I don't know how else I could have explained it. CRAZY PSYCHO. So why anyone would think a chill beat would win or place is beyond my comprehension. Even the flyer shows a mental patient in a straight jacket. How much more detailed does the theme need to be?

Anyway, I thought the outcome was good, really solid placings. @rejecttheronin had a great beat that was a good example of slow tempo but crazy at the same time. But @crog85 and @Armani was something I could definitely see myself vibing too if I was locked up in a rubber room.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
I agree, but I pointed out the negativity because it's facts. It's happened numerous times and it's really tiring. I also wanted @Iron Keys to know what it feels like to have someone challenge you, just like how he acts after every battle which brings negativity to all the people in the battle.

Just imagine someone that's new to the site and it's their first battle, then at the end they see someone criticizing the outcome. That's not too welcoming, is it? Of course not. I'm trying to keep the negativity out of ILL, of course, but I have every right to call someone out on their bullshit if it affects everyone on here, and especially the battles.

@Fade There's nothing wrong with criticizing someone's beat. The problem IS when it's NOT creative criticism. It's okay to dislike someone's work but if you are going to say something negative shed some light into WHY you think his/her beat is bad and how they can improve.

Now...let's bring out the poll so we can vote on @Iron Keys fate. This is becoming very anti-climactic xd

Off With His Head Vikings GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
You have every right here. You re kinda the GOD here. But there is a report function for posts and i feel like that godly hand from above regulating like "ohhh the poor babies need protection" just feels like politician rhetoric to me. And i dont want to sneakily offend you by using those terms, just couldnt think of any better. xd

Maybe ppl are reporting, you know, i dont. I just dont think that grown people are like that how you describe it. Many if not the majority just keeps doin their thangs, everyone still talks with eachother, i dissed delta, he dissed me, imo we still in the same community and thats cool.

Just let ppl decide how to feel about stuff imo instead of declaring how it is and how it should be, i mean you still can do it, you re the power.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Fade There's nothing wrong with criticizing someone's beat. The problem IS when it's NOT creative criticism. It's okay to dislike someone's work but if you are going to say something negative shed some light into WHY you think his/her beat is bad and how they can improve.

Now...let's bring out the poll so we can vote on @Iron Keys fate.

Off With His Head Vikings GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE
Exactly.

You have every right here. You re kinda the GOD here. But there is a report function for posts and i feel like that godly hand from above regulating like "ohhh the poor babies need protection" just feels like politician rhetoric to me. And i dont want to sneakily offend you by using those terms, just couldnt think of any better. xd

Maybe ppl are reporting, you know, i dont. I just dont think that grown people are like that how you describe it. Many if not the majority just keeps doin their thangs, everyone still talks with eachother, i dissed delta, he dissed me, imo we still in the same community and thats cool.

Just let ppl decide how to feel about stuff imo instead of declaring how it is and how it should be, i mean you still can do it, you re the power.
I agree, but that's nowhere near the shit with iron. It's not that simple. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when it becomes the norm after every battle then it becomes a problem.

So with that being said, I thought the battle was really good and the outcome was solid!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@1301.36 - I love the intro. Dope drums. I know you have the 808 but a proper bassline would be DOPE on this.

@Amnesia - Dope intro. Very horror-esque. Drums knock hard. Strings sound really good. Maybe some higher strings later on but the vocal "ahhh" you had was really good, fit very well.

@Anthouse Beats - Very solid mix. Beat sounds more like a party type beat than a crazy psycho beat though. I really like it but just not for this theme.

@Armani - This is what I envisioned for this theme. Hard knocking drums that make a crazy psycho person be crazy psycho. Good variations, the beat moves nicely.

@BassThumper - This one surprised me because it didn't fit the crazy psycho theme. The organ and electric guitar was a nice touch but I don't think it hit the theme. Also, a bassline would be dope!

@crog85 - Crazy psycho. A little bit (slightly lol) in the red. But still it felt like a psychotic beat. Dope.

@DrA - Good low end and the drums are good but a bit light matched up against that low end. The lead was good. I'm thinking this whole beat would be way better at a slower tempo.

@Fury Beats - Geto Boys! I get where you're coming from with this one but if anything, a proper bassline would help tremendously on this.

@InsideOutBeats - Sounds like someone being murdered. Nice! I like the ghetto-ness of the beat, but if anything it's just the drum track that throws me off. Do you quantize?

@Iron Keys - Very smooth beat. The bassline is what stood out to me right away and the piano plus the vocal snippets are great. However, I just don't think this is a crazy psycho beat. It's too smooth and laid back.

@Mefisto Beats - Good job and grabbing the Purge movie stuff. I liked this one a lot. The melody is not amazing, but for me it's the gutterness that really stands out, especially that bassline!

@ozwarlegacy - The thing with this beat is it's too "thin" if you know what I mean. It's a good starting point. I believe a heavy bassline on this with a harder drum track would make it pop a lot more.

@rejecttheronin - I really liked this one because it has a nice bassline and some evil sounds bouncing around. But it's really that evil out of tune horn that stands out. Really dope.

@Soap - Evil! I like how well the drums blend with everything else. I wish there was more of the beat itself instead of the movie snippets, but it's still dope.

@Walidank - I don't think it fits the theme. But it's a good tune. If anything, I just think the mix needs a lot of work. I would like to hear that low end within a proper mix.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
First of all, you JUST said you were done and you were off to make music.
I am. Been making music since.

I opened my browser to check something on youtube and i had an ill notifaction. took less than a minute of my time.

So you can criticize everyone else's beats but if someone criticizes yours, the gloves are coming off. Ok, got it.

"I disagree." is the 'gloves coming off'? lol

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Iron Keys - Very smooth beat. The bassline is what stood out to me right away and the piano plus the vocal snippets are great. However, I just don't think this is a crazy psycho beat. It's too smooth and laid back.

appreciate the feedback.

That to me is why it is a crazy psycho beat --- pyschos are really composed and calm, that's why they're crazy. They're calm af in demeanour whilst carrying out insane acts. In movies I see they often have old records from the 60s playing when crazy psychos do their thing - hence my approach to this one. I felt my synths sounded eerie to me too.

My criticism of my one is I absolutely butchered the mastering. Learnt a new trick off a pro, hit it too hard though it seemed fine at time. Also I wasn't happy with how the interview clips sat in the mix. All sounded a bit different on export (though I wasn't fully content in the mix anyway).

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
appreciate the feedback.

That to me is why it is a crazy psycho beat --- pyschos are really composed and calm, that's why they're crazy. They're calm af in demeanour whilst carrying out insane acts. In movies I see they often have old records from the 60s playing when crazy psychos do their thing - hence my approach to this one. I felt my synths sounded eerie to me too.

My criticism of my one is I absolutely butchered the mastering. Learnt a new trick off a pro, hit it too hard though it seemed fine at time. Also I wasn't happy with how the interview clips sat in the mix. All sounded a bit different on export (though I wasn't fully content in the mix anyway).
Ya but that's the thing - I know you sampled a 60s song but it doesn't mean that makes it crazy psycho. Your beat was really good but not fit for the theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online